Resist List

frugal fifer

Silver Member
I was at class last night and it was week 2 of goal setting, I had missed it the week before, but it was really interesting to think about all the little things we can change. Our consultant talked about doing a resist list, basically everytime you resist eating something you know you should avoid, you write it down on a bit of paper and at the end of the week you can look at it and be pleased about all the things you resisted that would have put you off plan. A simple mind shift thing that may help if you are stuck in a rut. If you added the syn values for each item it would show how those sneaky things we slip in and forget about soon add up. Hope it helps someone out there - my goal this week is to walk 3-4 times this week for 30 mis each time.

That's interesting! A good bit of self-motivation. I like it.

It's interesting what different consultants come up with. I always like hearing what people pick up from class.

Our class, she runs through each person's results and how they feel - if they were successful, why and what tips they can offer, and if not, why they gained and what their plan is for next week. Good ideas come from the discussions but we rarely do anything beyond that!

What a good idea!
When I first started SW I didn't really have to change much the meals that I ate- just adapted them a little.
What REALLY amazed me was how much food I was actually turning down. It made me consious of all those little things we rarely think about but put in our mouth anyway, and how they add up.

I really like the idea of writing them down and counting the syns- I bet it is really eye-opening.

Thanks- good post

xxxxxxx

Ooh yeah and make it a sticky. That would be a great thread! :) Mine would always be wine (After a hard day with my 2yr old or a bad day at work!) xx

OOhh yes a resist list, does it have to be just food or could I add resisting to flog the children, shout at hubby, kick the cat etc LOL!!!

Well, I have just resisted having dinner at the Trafford Centre! I have just got home, OH is now home from the pub and I think we will have chinese...which is allowed cos I have HEs for the chicken and will have chow mein. Winner!

I am glad you all liked the idea, I find it helps me and my cravings stay in control. I always feel really chuffed when I have managed to resist something and made a better choice instead.

Back