Resistence bands

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by not_lar_croft, 21 April 2010 Social URL.

1. not_lar_croft

not_lar_croft Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Just watched supersize v superskinny and she was using a resistence band - does anyone have one and do they work? Want to try and firm up my bingo wings!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JemmaBe

JemmaBe Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    We use them at aerobics, I can't say I'm a fan but that is because I worry about it snapping.

They do add a bit of resistance, and you can do it in stages depending on your level of workout, but they aren't a substitute for free weights.

4. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I use the one with EA Sports Active. Well not that one because it's too easy, I use the blue one. If you're after toning your biceps and triceps and your upper back, yes they do work if you do them regularly. You can get them cheap off ebay.

5. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

I use them for my Joanne Hall workout to help with the strecthes and your arms and legs. Yeah got mine for a squid of ebay :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.