Resource help

RosieLee

My friend passed me the PH GL diet cookbook and I am giving it a go. I've done WW and SW before and preferred WW as I'm not too good with certain foods being off limits! That's how I got here in the first place :)

What I've found is that there is a lack of info about the GL values in foods, I like total
information overload and popular diets like WW etc have an abundance of websites and books etc.

Can anyone give me some pointers please?

Also I'm a bit of a snackaholic and miss biscuits low cal crisps etc. any advice?

Thanks

I've only just started but have bought several GL books from Amazon marketplace really cheaply. I just did a search and went on the reviews. I think PH has a webpage where you can check the GL values of foods. Patrick Holford GL Menu. I haven't used it as I have a Colling gem GL list which uses a traffic light system and I am using that.

Try checking out the low GI recipes too there's a lot more published about GI and they are closely linked!
I have the 100 cal nakd bars, oat ginger or spiced fruit biscuits and make my own low gl sweet snacks. I can't help with the crisps as I'm not a big crisp fan.
Hope this is of some small help

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You should check out Patrick Holford's the low GL Bible as that has much more information in it. Also at the end of the book they list the GL amount for basic foods.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into that, I think I saw the nakd bars and they had dates in and I read they were high GL but I think I'm going to probably modify things to suit and be sensible. Watch the calories too.
I bought the south beach diet book on my kindle last night and this is low GI but has some great exercise advice too.
Shame I'm full of cold this morning or I might have gone for a swim, I've got a lot of weight to lose so want to start slowly!
I had the apple porridge with cinnamon for breakfast and that was very nice.

I would look at things and meals for it's overall gl rather then each item
Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The porridge kept me full till lunch so I'm thinking I can have my morning snack after dinner tonight!
I am always hungry before bed.
I had a marks and spencer fuller longer paella for lunch yummy but a fair bit of rice.
I just wasn't up to preparing something last night as I have a bit of a cold.

Back