Induction Rest days

iskona

Hi all I'm doing Atkins for the second time. I did it some 10 years ago first with great success and followed it to the letter. I am now reading on other sites that people are recommending taking rest days with a higher carb intake once a week and that this can even trigger your body to lose weight faster. When I did this before that would be a total no no but appreciate things change over so many years so I'm quite curious what the rest of you think/do as rest days sounds very tempting.

Not sure how this could work as when increasing carbs it would take you out of ketosis, which means you stop burning fat?

I restarted Atkins about 2 months ago, I have cheated a couple of times and always put weight on and have had a bit of a loss after, but that was exception, I wouldn't recommend once a week!?

BUT, maybe it will work for you, all you can do is try and see, you never know!

Anyone else?

Hmm ive not heard this one before either. Im not sure how many grams of carbs you can have before you're kicked out of ketotis, im doing lipotrim at the moment and each shake is 15g carbs so im having 45g, as opposed to the 20g i was having when doing the Atkins. If you're going to have a treat, i would suggest an Indian and have a chicken tandoori dish with sag panneer (total carbs around 30g). I used to do this on Atkins and still have a good loss for the week.

Hope this helps xx

Back