Total Solution Restart 29/03/2015 Exante journey to 9st3 for life!

Morning Lara. You can still meet for online dating and not have a drink? Just a thought? There are a number of reasons why one wouldn't want a drink on an online date (where one is literally meeting a stranger and would want to err on the side of caution?) just a thought?

You don't appeared to have binged so that's a great. You just had more than you would on"plan" and no wonder if you felt awful after the drinks.

I'm surprised you weighed (given your history with the scales and numbers) but it may be a good thing as it isn't has high as I recall you saying? So that's great. Have a good positive day and a think about how you best think Friday and the online date will go.

Hi Lara! Completely agree with Kira: you can definitely meet up and not do drinks. I once went on date which involved a round of 3 par golf(I HATE GOLF!!!) but it was one of funniest, fun memorable dates ever - with no alcohol!

Regarding having people over, is it possible to go low carb those days instead of having your packs? That way you'll still be in Ketosis and have an easier transition back on your packs? xx

Hi Kira and LouLouBelle and thanks for your advice.

You are right I can still go on a date without drinking, and yes Kira, meeting a stranger and not drinking is probably a good thing anyway! I guess I was just concerned that I would be too nervous and shy, but then, if I am, and it puts the person off, they aren't worth it anyway! Yes I decided to weigh myself a week ago, and weighing myself on Monday morning was kind of because I knew I would have lost weight (lost 3lbs since previous week), but part of me thinks that was dehydration. Will see what the scales show next Monday or Tuesday, or I may wait and avoid weighing for a few weeks. No, I did not binge, thanks for reminding me of that, because the old me would have! How are you getting on with being back on sliim & save??

Louloubelle, not a bad idea about having a low carb day Friday. I am not sure. I can easily not eat (I find it easy to not eat around other people) - it is the time alone with leftovers that I worry about. My parents will be back on the Sunday so maybe the leftovers will last until then and they can eat them!! I will do some chicken drumsticks and vegetables so that if I do eat I will have that, but will also do pizza and pasta, purely because it is an easy way to make food quickly!!

Strangely, I don't feel hungry today. I am thinking the apple and grapes would have definitely thrown me out of ketosis on Monday, but yesterday maybe the 4 packs and green beans day yesterday helped me get back in? Maybe tomorrow or Friday I will be on my way fully back in!!! I worked from home all week this week, so I am proud it hasn't gone worse, and I still kept it low calorie, and no bad carbs were in sight. :) xxx

That's a great achieving not allowing yourself to binge after being on plan as I well know. Low carbing as LLB suggests is a good option. I for us the not bingeing or overrating is a plus either way! :)
i'm doing fine so far on SnS day 3 almost done.

That's a great achieving not allowing yourself to binge after being on plan as I well know. Low carbing as LLB suggests is a good option. I for us the not bingeing or overrating is a plus either way! :)
i'm doing fine so far on SnS day 3 almost done.
well done on the 3 days :) how much do you have to lose?

I started at 9st 13lbs 8oz (precise or what!) I'd like to reach 8st 7 or 8 which is what I got down to last year around May/June. I maintained at 9st for many months until April of this year following injury from weights. It's been on and off since and I ballooned to 10st mark. As you know I'm a shortie so it all shows:(

I started at 9st 13lbs 8oz (precise or what!) I'd like to reach 8st 7 or 8 which is what I got down to last year around May/June. I maintained at 9st for many months until April of this year following injury from weights. It's been on and off since and I ballooned to 10st mark. As you know I'm a shortie so it all shows:(

Well it's not 10 or above! And you didn't let it get any higher at least. When do you have in mind to be at goal? How did you feel at 9stone? If that was something you could maintain for so long maybe that's a better goal? Xx

Managed to get 24 packs of skinny noodles for £14... Is that good price wise does anyone know?

Wow! £14??!! Hell yeah that's an awesome price! Where did you get those? I know H&B have a 1p sale at the mo too.
Weirdly I haven't been eating my slim/zero noodles recently! x

Wow! £14??!! Hell yeah that's an awesome price! Where did you get those? I know H&B have a 1p sale at the mo too. Weirdly I haven't been eating my slim/zero noodles recently! x

I got them from eBay. Luckily the person lived a few mins away from me so I picked them up and no one had made a bid!! They are fully sealed and everything. I really want to try and use these long term to maintain my weight :)

Well today I've had my 3 packs, a small amount of broccoli with one, and a whopping 5.7 litres of water!!!! It included 3 cups of tea. I track my water on an app.. So having that much made up for the under drinking I had done earlier in the week. My daily intake goal is 3.5litres and I've averaged more than this.

I've decided for food tomorrow - chicken thighs, a big salad, some pasta and some chicken dippers and chips. Maybe grab a oven pizza too. I will just stick to my packs I think, or have a piece of chicken with salad, which is probably less than the cals of a pack anyway.

I am feeling like I am in ketosis - crazy thirst, lack of hunger, hot and flushed, headachey.... Bring on the fat burning.

My goal by tuesday morning is to be 10stone6 or less...
Goal by the following Tuesday (28th) is 10st4 or less...
But really I would love to be 10stone or less by 1st November....

I have a couple of dates approaching. I think I am going to try and put them off at least a week, just so I feel more comfortable hopefully with a few more pounds off. But will see, if I change my mind I might meet sooner. The go to thing is a dinner date. And if it is I suppose I can just have protein and veg / salad. But I will try and steer towards a quick drink because it will mean I don't have to eat, plus it's quick in case of awkwardness / a bad date!!!!

Ooo dates! Tell me more :) xx

Food sounds good and easy to do for a group and the dates sound great too. A quick get away is good and easier to do with a drink than over dinner! Good plan!

He he yes I think I should opt for the quick getaway definitely. And if they are nice enough for a second date that could be longer. I never realised how effortless and effortful online dating is. Effortless because you simply write a little and put a picture up and all these guys just pop up in your inbox, effortful because it's an awful lot of messages to reply to and it's hard remembering what I wrote to each person, and the things they told me. It all feels very safe at the moment; hiding behind my screen. I can be quite good over messages, but not brilliant around new people in person. I will update you on what happens with the dates ladies...!! One guy said I look like I'm in good shape, do I play sports or exercise (cheesy question), but I instantly panicked and thought oh no people might expect me to be thin and I'm not... That's when I start thinking oh no maybe I should wait a month so I'll be near to goal!! X

For some reason i decided to weigh myself. I've actually gained half a pound since Monday (bringing me to 10stone9lb). My goal by Tuesday is maximum 10st6lb... So I suppose 3 pounds in 4 days might just happen. Maybe... Hopefully!!!!

I am so frustrated I don't know why but weighed myself again. I am really scared to meet any of the dates at this weight. I keep thinking I am going to be 10 stone or less, I somehow feel like I look lighter than I am. Probably skewed thoughts. Just want this weight off!!! It is week 3 and day 3... I suppose I knew this was going to be 8 week journey at least, so am only at mid point. I am probably used to starting at this weight, so 3 weeks in I am usually well into the 9s and pretty much finished!! IT WILL COME OFF, that is what I need to remind myself off. And I can insist on meeting somewhere non-food related (subtly).

Yes Lara, it WILL come off!!!

You are doing AMAZINGLY!!! I echo you too - I also just want this weight off!!!

Right, like what you said to me in my diary: let's both stop fixating on the numbers on the scales lol? I know - easier said than done! If you feel lighter and look lighter, you are as it's probably just water hanging on. Remember - you can and will do it! xx

P.S looking forward to hearing about your dates!

Yes Lara, it WILL come off!!! You are doing AMAZINGLY!!! I echo you too - I also just want this weight off!!! Right, like what you said to me in my diary: let's both stop fixating on the numbers on the scales lol? I know - easier said than done! If you feel lighter and look lighter, you are as it's probably just water hanging on. Remember - you can and will do it! xx P.S looking forward to hearing about your dates!
Haha oh gosh we really are good at giving out advice and less great at taking it, aren't we? You're right in that the very advice I gave you the other day, is what I needed to apply yesterday. I weighed myself this morning, and I am 10stone7, which is 2 pounds down since yesterday. Our bodies are clearly busy.

My quick loss though may be due to only having 1 pack yesterday. I did also have 2 teas, and a spoonful of salad. I had my gathering cooked for everyone, and didn't eat at all. There are a lot of leftovers though, and I hate wasting food so I might have a piece of chicken with a an egg (they are about to go off too!), instead of a pack this morning. But I don't know I'm kind of scared to.

No other plans for the weekend now which is kind of boring. I considered asking my friend what she is doing, or going to see my brother and his family, but I realised both situations will involve being offered food or expected to eat, and no one knows I'm doing this (well, except my mum, but she's on holiday!).

I have exactly 2 weeks until my next off plan birthday night out.. Want to get as much off as possible by then. I have a night out on the Saturday, which is fine, but more difficult is the Sunday which is a birthday pub lunch. I'll try and check the menu before and get the most basic protein and veg option, as having nothing is unlikely to be an option. Anyway until then I have 2 full weeks to reap the benefits of ketosis.

Last edited:
I did the same thing Lara! As in had a drink on my birthday there. It was not at all worth it really. Sounds like you had a great night though. Are you back in ketosis yet? I don't think I am but it takes me ages. Were you hungover or ok? You're doing really great x

Friend just asked me to come out.. Free drinks all night... Good music.... I've been strong and said no. Will get an early night instead and may try a jog tomorrow morning, see how my back feels.

In 2 weeks I'm going out... So it's ok. Just ordered more glucomannan powder- I've nearly finished the one I bought before!

Had 4 packs today and green salad (as I only had 1 pack yesterday).

Can't wait to be slimmer.. This time next month I'll be near goal. Not long!

Back