Restart after surgery

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet Returners' started by Wilma, 2 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Wilma

Wilma Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi - can anyone tell me how long after surgery I can restart CD???? I thought it was 6 weeks but someone on another thread said it was 3 months.
    Also, does it make a difference what type of surgery I have had????

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. princess_cj

princess_cj Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st1.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12lb(35.96%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Sorry for the late reply, only just noticed this! just under 6 weeks ago and my cdc has told me I can't go on sole source until I'm 3 months post op which is killing me at the moment as I'm on the 1200 plan and really struggling as I need the ketosis to keep me on the straight and narrow!!

Hope this is of some help :0)

xxx

4. princess_cj

princess_cj Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st1.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12lb(35.96%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    sorry, part of my thread seems to have gone missing, I meant to say I had a tummy tuck 6 weeks ago...x

5. Wilma

Wilma Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks for the reply. I take it that you can use CD on a higher plan then. I wish I had just had a tummy tuck instead of my gallbladder removed!!! I know what you mean about ketosis! I wonder what harm it would do to go on SS or even SS+.

6. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Wilma, maybe you can try to start reducing your carbs until you can get back on SS. That way your first few days wont be so hard and you might lose some weight before then.

7. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I believe I'm your 3 month informant on the other thread hun! I had my gallbladder out as well and if you really need to be sure what I'm saying is true ask your CDC to call CD to ask their official line.;)

8. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It can potentially do a lot of harm as it takes your cells up to 3 months to heal properly. Is this really worth risking your long term health over?
    I believe you can do 1500 plan but that's it!

9. Wilma

Wilma Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks for the reply Kelly

You are certainly right - my health is very important. I am just keen to get losing weight again and I am worried about putting more on!

I have read the contraindications section of CD and you are right - it says 3 month clear from any surgery to be accepted on the diet. I will just have to try and avoid eating everything in sight using the 'I'm recovering' excuse!!

Hope you are doing well - I remember your name from last year.

Deb

10. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Don't worry Wilma - the time will fly, hopefully !! and you will be back on the plan...

Sunday can't come quick enough for me and then I can start SS for real, just got to get this birthday party out of the way on Saturday first !!! Bummer !!

11. xkatiex

xkatiex Full Member

i had my gall bladder out 3 months ago and started cd again tuesday so i believe it is 3 mths u have 2 wait xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.