Restart on SW

katsmad64

After doing CC for a week have decided to go back to SW (from home) I've been so hungry and that's on 1800 cals a day should of been on 1200 don't think I could survive on that ! Especially with winter so close need lots of lovely filling foods and unlimited quantities . I also don't want to be watching ever single item that I eat and drink I will be doing a food diary for a couple of weeks basically the meals I eat plus hex and syns . Only thing I was wondering about is after cutting down so much if it will take me a few weeks to loose any weight as I'll probs be having a lot more cals on SW ? I will have to watch portion sizes as I can over do it : / ! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hiya, welcome back to SW! I did a similar thing to you where I switched from SW to a low cal diet for a couple of weeks that my OH suggested but I found I couldn't keep it up for long as although it worked ok in the first week, it was leading to binges towards the end. I'm now back on SW and am much happier!

I think it's a good idea to do a food diary for a couple of weeks and I'm sure that as long as you stick to plan you'll still lose well on SW. With regard to watching portion sizes, SW does say to eat until you're satisfied so I wouldn't restrict yourself too much in terms of portion size as you could end up not eating enough, getting hungry again quickly and then straying off plan. However, it also means that when you're full you should stop eating so don't feel like you should eat it just because it's there. If you stick to the plan and these rules then I'm sure you'll be seeing steady losses again in no time :)

I'll be rooting for you!

Thanks Anti222 been good so far although it's only day 2 ! But defiantly feeling full and not starving like last week . Best of luck with your weight loss x

I have re-starting SW after coming off of it and attempting and low cal diet........ it was rubbish, always hungry, hooray for Slimming World! Day 3 and feeling good! Good luck to you ;)

I think the "secret" to SW is the type of food you're consuming, not so much the calories. You may be technically eating more calories that on your restricted intake, but they're probably "better" calories, if you catch my drift. I can count on one hand (possibly even one finger) the number of people who haven't started to lose straight away when they're following the plan properly. Good luck and, as Anti222 says, listen to your appetite!

Lauramikks what options have you got to cook things for lunch? Are you at work? Is there a microwave? I batch cook chilli, soups, pasta dishes and anything else that can be stuffed with superfree, and then whack it in the freezer. Each evening when I'm getting things ready for work I play freezer roulette and see what treasures I can pull out of there to bang in the microwave next day! When I fancy a change and have the time, I add cherry toms and chopped peppers and carrots to spiced couscous, and then throw in any meat/fish/protein I have to hand with a pot of fat free dressing to pour over the top. Very filling, and especially lovely with tinned mackerel!

I'm sure there's lots of threads on here where people have discussed the subject ad infinitum. And failing that, have you tried the little book of lunches available from the bookshop in group? It's got lots of ideas in...

Having been good on plan went shopping with my daughter and went to MandS got a sandwich and mince pie I know the mince pie is 11.5 syns but not sandwich was wholemeal bread so using as hex and I'm guessing 15 syns then had some oven chips with chops and veg for evening meal so I'm way over on syns today ! Fresh start tomorrow but think I'll eat lots of speed food to try and make up for damage done today . Also having family around sat for Chinese so going to look through book to find lowest syn value something with boiled rice I think . On ward we go well down ward hopefully !!! X

OMG I've blown it even more 2x rolls with marg and peanut butter and a small bag of popcorn plus something else I can't remember ! I know what's thrown me off track I couldn't help myself and weighed this morning normal weigh in Monday and I'd put 1/2 lb on ! Although I really had 3 good days on plan thought I'd at least sts and like I said been doing CC not really eating much and now I'm eating lots more doing SW I am so annoyed with myself for doing this and know I should of given it the full week . The only up side is that I know why and I will only weigh once a week from now on I really want to do this as I'm fed up with it . It really is amazing tho how it can mess with your head very complicated . Must have more faith in SW and myself x

Hi katsmad64. I know exactly how you feel, I've been there more times than I can even begin to remember! First of all, don't beat yourself up over it, we all have slips and days where we eat everything we shouldn't. You've already realised that you've strayed off plan and it was only one day so it's easily fixed, just stick to plan for the rest of the week and I'm sure you'll soon get back on track.

I know what you mean about it messing with your head and being complicated. In the past I've tried every diet I could think of - SW, WW, low cal, meal replacement with shakes, Harcombe, low fat, low carb and they all tell us completely different things! I find that switching diets gets confusing because you spend X amount of time convincing yourself that the diet you're on is the right way to eat, then you get to a point where you can't stick to it any more, switch diets and then have to convince yourself that what you're doing this time is the right thing. After a while everything seems to contradict itself and you don't know where you are. The best thing to do if you want to follow SW is to forget everything you've taught yourself before and to fully focus and follow the SW plan. It does work, we've all seen the proof, as long as you stick with it.

I still have days when I stray and think about making up my own rules so that they fit in with my diet because 'that's what I did once in the past and I lost 3lbs doing that' but in the end it just comes back to bite me in the @$$. Just try not to beat yourself up on the slips, draw a line under them and get back on plan as soon as you can.

Try to stay off those scales too, your weight will fluctuate on a daily basis regardless of what you eat, it's only natural, so weighing once a week should be the minimum amount of time you leave between weigh-ins, if only for your own peace of mind.

Good luck, I know you can do it! :)

Anti222 thanks so much am defiantly going to stick with the SW plan and I agree with everything you have said . Best of luck :) x

Im starting back too!! Was ok today but had to contend with whatever food was in the house so im committing to 100% from tomorrow. I ve lots of healthy superfree food in now so plan is to make some lovely soup and keep warm:) Best of luck to all xx

Back