Restart SS on Tuesday

redhead66

This will be my year
Hi,

I'm new to the site - just found it while browsing for inspiration to restart SS on Tuesday. I got weighed this morning and am absolutely disgusted with myself and my lack of willpower, so I've made an appointment with my CD counsellor for Tuesday to restart SS :( I lost over 42lb previously on SS, but then lost sight of how far I'd come and have gained the 3 stones plus a bit more :sigh:

As an extra kick in the butt, I've booked a boudoir photo shoot as my OH's Xmas pressie and have until 26th November to make sure that a wide angled lens isn't required on the day ;)

It's a while since I lost the weight first time, so please can anybody tell me what sort of weight loss I can expect by then - btw, I'm 5'9" and 17st 12lb, and any tips/advice on how to keep focussed?

Thanks in advance for any advice

V x

Hey there,

you are in good company here! I am currently restarting at 17 stone, with 7 to lose so there are lots of peeps in a similar situation. The good news is, you know this diet works... once you have got through the first few days, ketosis kicks in, and you start seeing losses. If you want this enough- you can do it!

Keep posting! and coming here for support!

x

Hi,

I'm new to the site - just found it while browsing for inspiration to restart SS on Tuesday. I got weighed this morning and am absolutely disgusted with myself and my lack of willpower, so I've made an appointment with my CD counsellor for Tuesday to restart SS :( I lost over 42lb previously on SS, but then lost sight of how far I'd come and have gained the 3 stones plus a bit more :sigh:

As an extra kick in the butt, I've booked a boudoir photo shoot as my OH's Xmas pressie and have until 26th November to make sure that a wide angled lens isn't required on the day ;)

It's a while since I lost the weight first time, so please can anybody tell me what sort of weight loss I can expect by then - btw, I'm 5'9" and 17st 12lb, and any tips/advice on how to keep focussed?

Thanks in advance for any advice

V x

hey - good luck with your weight loss journey :)

keep us posted !

Debz x

Thanks for your support ladies :)

Scarlett, I've just found your post from a couple of weeks ago and you summed it up exactly... I'm feeling so conspicuous and uncomfortable in my own body too.

My OH doesn't see any reason for me to lose weight, he loves me as I am. I know that I'm more fortunate than a lot of ladies whose partners give them a hard time about their weight, but the honest answer is I don't love me as I am :( He went away yesterday with work for 6 weeks, so I have the time to devote to myself (no children, only a dog) and no excuse to keep the fridge full of anything but tetra paks.

I'm feeling sooo motivated now, having read some of the posts, that I know I can and will do it this time :superwoman:

x

Hey hun

sounds like you have the perfect opportunity to get in the zone and focus on the diet. Nothing is easy about those first few days but now I'm finally on day 4 (the first time I've stuck to more than 1 day) I really feel like I have broke a barrier and got through the worst of carb withdrawal. I am trying to focus on my new routine which involves lots of water, a relaxing bath each night and lots of minimims plus reading. Keep me posted on how you are doing!

Hey redhead - you can do it ! I'm a fellow south yorkshirite lol come on northern girl power !!
I started at over 17stone, lost a stone on ww then no more for about a year. I started this several times and gave up very quickly, so last week i restarted after doing a week of low carb prep (i suggest it - it really helps with the first few days of ss) and i'm losing weight now so its all good !!!
what i love about this site and the other cambridge one i go on, is that everyone knows how you feel, and lots of people share your views on hating themself etc (i certainly do lol) and its a real help to come on here and get support. It really helps me when i'm feeling crap. just try and stay focussed on your goals - as for your question about how much you can lose, i've always been told to expect about a stone a month to come off, although it can be a bit more at start.
good luck, i will look out for you on here
Brina x

You could look totally different by the time your old man gets back. Don't tell him how well you are doing whilst he is away and then enjoy the moment when he first sets eyes on you.
Jools
x

Back