Hi,

I am starting CD on Friday, I did the diet previously about 5/6 years ago.

I have found a consultant that will come to my house weekly, she is calling me tonight to have the initial discussions before she comes Thursday night.

I have got to the point where all I can think about is my weight (how awful I look) and no matter what I try and do I am failing so I am looking to do sole source to abstain from food and booze to get a clearer head. I feel that my weight is now stopping me realising my potential (as in jobs).

I remember there being a point last time where my thoughts were not about the next meal and I got time to pamper myself and getting into swimming and felt very comfortable going out with friends and drinking soda water. I also had lots of time to do things around the house (decorating and decluttering).

Anyway, I do feel my head is getting into the right frame of mind and I am not wanting family/friends to know (other than hubby) as they judge!

What are your tips?

Wish me luck!
Twilight76

Wishing you all the very best - you don't need luck, you've got this. :)

Head down, eyes on the prize for the first 3 days, drink the shakes you know you like (don't experiment with new products in the first 3 days), lots of water, loads of distraction activities! It's boring, but going to bed early is always a good idea for the first week or so. Avoid eating out even if you're not planning to eat - why put yourself under extra stress? Try not to think too far ahead. One day at a time, one Cambridge product at a time! If the hunger gets overwhelming, brush your teeth!

A fortnight from now you could be close to a stone down, if not there already! So hang in there and give it everything you've got, cos it'll be worth it.

Hugs

Hey Twilight

How are you doing today? I've just restarted after quite a few years. It feels like the first time again.. I.e. I'm in the zone... I just need to stay in it.

Low carbing before you start will really help if you're not already.... I only had one pesky headache and I'm well and truly in ketosis now.

I also love swimming and can't wait to get back into swimming more often but I'm trying to take it easy this first week or two and not overdo it. Completely agree with sunnyhaze on the product recommendation... stick with what you know and prefer and then try other stuff when you're further in and fancy a change.

I'm 5'9 so I'm doing 3 packs a day plus a 200cal meal, so my day looks like:-
Porridge for breakfast - I have a mix this week cosmi cat remember which I prefer
Bar for lunch - cut up into small pieces, a mix of orange, yoghurt and peanut this week
Tetra for evening when I get in from work - chocolate ... always chocolate - these are my faves
7.30/8ish - chicken with salad, steak with salad, omelette with mushrooms etc

It's keeping me going so far... my weigh in is on Thursday

Hi there Twilight,

All I can say is well done for making the decision and great news you've found a CC who'll you'll be starting your journey with.

I can only add that this forum is amazing and keep drinking water and posting those thoughts whatever they are to keep you busy ;)

you're going to do great lady

xx

Hey Twilight

Welcome!

You are going to smash this! 99% of the diet is your state of mind. If you get your head in the zone nothing will stop you.

We are all here to support you and you will do this.

Water is your new best friend!

Xx

How's it going? Hope you're doing ok x

Only just seen this! I'm ok, still pumped to start. Lady is coming tomorrow night so start Friday. Have a family so Sunday so have said I will drive (will take soda water) and say I ate before I got here (nibbles event). Can't wait to start!

Hey Twilight

How are you doing today? I've just restarted after quite a few years. It feels like the first time again.. I.e. I'm in the zone... I just need to stay in it.

Low carbing before you start will really help if you're not already.... I only had one pesky headache and I'm well and truly in ketosis now.

I also love swimming and can't wait to get back into swimming more often but I'm trying to take it easy this first week or two and not overdo it. Completely agree with sunnyhaze on the product recommendation... stick with what you know and prefer and then try other stuff when you're further in and fancy a change.

I'm 5'9 so I'm doing 3 packs a day plus a 200cal meal, so my day looks like:-
Porridge for breakfast - I have a mix this week cosmi cat remember which I prefer
Bar for lunch - cut up into small pieces, a mix of orange, yoghurt and peanut this week
Tetra for evening when I get in from work - chocolate ... always chocolate - these are my faves
7.30/8ish - chicken with salad, steak with salad, omelette with mushrooms etc

It's keeping me going so far... my weigh in is on Thursday

So start Friday, have reduced carbs a little and alcohol!

Last time I did this I was on 3 products only but the lady has said 3 products and 200cal meal, and also that I am have flavoured teas which I couldn't do last time. I just hope the 200cal meal does affect weight loss. Looking forward to swimming, once I've lost a stone I will rejoin gym. Thanks for the message xx

Hi there Twilight,

All I can say is well done for making the decision and great news you've found a CC who'll you'll be starting your journey with.

I can only add that this forum is amazing and keep drinking water and posting those thoughts whatever they are to keep you busy ;)

you're going to do great lady

xx

Ah thanks, my mind has already got sorted before I have even started, which makes me feel that my mind is in the zone, which it hasn't been for a few years. Thanks for the message

Hey Twilight

Welcome!

You are going to smash this! 99% of the diet is your state of mind. If you get your head in the zone nothing will stop you.

We are all here to support you and you will do this.

Water is your new best friend!

Xx

Thank you, yes water is the answer! I asked my counsellor when I sent my food pack order through if I could try water flavour samples before buying as they are pricy if u don't like it and she said I can now have flavoured teas which is different to last time and might make it a little less boring

So it's day 1, had shake and soup so far. On 3rd pint with watermelon flavouring. Tea is chicken and salad and late will be last shake. Got a bit of a headache but not sure if it's carb withdrawals or I'm coming down with something x

Hi Twilight,

Congrats, on your first day, have a lovely early night. Waking up on day two hopefully no headaches,(water, water everywhere) lol.

How's the soup? Which one are you having, I don't know what it is, but can't manage the soups ...

How are you feeling?

xxx

Hi Summerchic.

Multiple visits to loo during the night, woke up very thirsty! No headache at the moment but not being too active.

I had the chicken and mushroom soup but added more water than was in packed to help fill me up. Will try oriental chilli today.

Had vanilla shake with teaspoon of instant coffee and that was lovely. Wish I had bought bars. So will order them for next week.

Feel ok at the moment, there is a family gathering tomorrow and I have offered to drive so that's my swerve from alcohol, it says nibbles so I hope no one notices me not eating.

Need to fill my mind, so may tackle sorting the spare room out!

How's it going for you?

You're def in that zone lady, I'm well, going through step 2, will be back on 1b from next Wednesday, then another 12 weeks of that, will be interesting to see if my losses slow down, albeit I still have loads of lard to lose and will still on VLCD,

You keep at it, I've managed to lose a few lbs so far this week, but sometimes they come back, fingers crossed I would love to lose a total of 5lbs this week I've had low losses so it could be done :) :)

Xxx

Back