Restarting and its only my...oh 53rd time?

fatbegone

Why cant I stick to a diet, when losing weight is the one thing i want most in the whole world?

Im new...and at my wits end. Just posted an intro in the other forum. Would love for people to chat to :)

Caz

I know exactly how you feel. I am in the same boat. i want to lose weight but at the same time I love eating,drinking &cooking. I know what to do but sabotage myself daily. So any help please

I know exactly what you mean Caz and Chinababe. I always sabotage my own diet and have no idea why!

I had my first weigh in yesterday and really pleased with my loss - then picked later on that day! Why? No idea, but I'm off to buy as self help type book later to try and deal with my head AND body at the same time.

Good luck Caz

I fully understand. I was on a downward spiral yesterday after putting the weight I only lost 2 weeks ago, straight back on again by 'cheating' all weekend! I too lost weight, 5 stone and put it all back on and more to keep it company!
Something just clicked in my head that time and I was off and running and actually enjoying healthy eating, but I'm struggling to feel that way again. I've got loads to lose and want to lose it so badly I am going to my docs next week to discuss options or just get more advice to get me motivated the way I once was.
I KNOW it can be done, that's what is so frustrating for me..but the motivation and lightbulb moment is struggling to get through this time for me!
GOOD LUCK.

Why cant I stick to a diet, when losing weight is the one thing i want most in the whole world?

Hello Caz. I think the answer to the question is that diets in general are letting you down. They just don't work in the long term for most people, and they seem to cause so much misery and yo-yo weight gains and associated health problems.

Maybe it's just time to draw a line under the dieting concept altogether and decide that you're going to embrace a relationship with food that you can comfortably sustain for the rest of your life, not just while you lose weight. I really do think that cutting out the short term thought patterns and behaviours is one way of finally getting a real handle on the food demons.

Doesn't have to be about starvation or punishment, just good portions of good food, regular treats, heaps of fruit and vegetables, and a resolution to be patient and kind to your body and mind, and nourish them properly for life.

If you don't regard it as a diet, but more a positive shift in how you live, then you can't fall off the wagon again and you can't fail!

Hello Caz. I think the answer to the question is that diets in general are letting you down. They just don't work in the long term for most people, and they seem to cause so much misery and yo-yo weight gains and associated health problems.

Maybe it's just time to draw a line under the dieting concept altogether and decide that you're going to embrace a relationship with food that you can comfortably sustain for the rest of your life, not just while you lose weight. I really do think that cutting out the short term thought patterns and behaviours is one way of finally getting a real handle on the food demons.

Doesn't have to be about starvation or punishment, just good portions of good food, regular treats, heaps of fruit and vegetables, and a resolution to be patient and kind to your body and mind, and nourish them properly for life.

If you don't regard it as a diet, but more a positive shift in how you live, then you can't fall off the wagon again and you can't fail!
what a good perspective on things :thankyou:

Good advice above, i would also recommend you drink LOTS and LOTS of water as it is such a big key to weight loss.

I am a food addict and love every kind of food in big portions! That's why the diet i think (hopefully) is going to work best for me is Lipotrim as it is a all or nothing diet. Taking time out from food will allow me to re-establish a relationship with food.

It is alot about willpower and one thing i found so useful yesterday is hanging up a really shirt i used to love wearing when i was not so over weight and when i get hunger pangs and want to cheat i think about my goal and the shirt/clothes i used to wear are great motivators and reminders!

It took me a while to 'hit the wall'.

You know, where you just reach the point you ask yourself truthfully: "What do I want more, to lose weight, or eat this piece of delicious caek?". If at that point you aren't in a mental position where you can give that caek an angry stare followed by slam dunking that mother****er into the trash as if your name were Michael ****ing Jordan, you aren't truthfully there yet.

I know all our heads work differently, but that self-induced metaphorical *****-slap so to speak was my final straw, from that point onwards it was all going to change for me, and no silly chocolate or pizza craving was ever going to get the better of me. Am I saying you can't enjoy a slice of Pizza or square of chocolate from time to time? Of course not. But as a lifestyle and your primary choice of food, forget it.

Now 140 pounds lighter, I can mentally afford to be a little more relaxed with my diet, although without of course ever letting things get too out of hand.

When it comes down to it though, the same old truth always remains:

Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels. Absolutely no ****ing exceptions.

(no offense intended by the numerous *'s, they're only for dramatic effect :))

Last edited:
Back