Restarting

Gorgeous_x

I was on CD for about 6 weeks back in April, lost about 15 pounds and was happy. I came off for 2 weeks, which lead into 2 months during which my eating habits were back to normal (junk for breakfast, junk for lunch and junk for dinner). After the 2 months I tried to get back on CD twice. Once I lasted until the 3rd evening, the second time until the 1st.

I feel ready to go back on BUT I am afraid that I don't have the emotional skills to change my habits post CD. I fear that I will again put the weight back on. Once I am on CD I am on and do well but when I come off I go haywire regardless of the fact that I have good intentions. Also, this is my final year of school and it is a very stressful time.

Any advice? Should I start back or should I not? My 18th is at the end of November but after that I think Christmas won't phase me.

start back up and go for it... you need to work on your relationship with food... i had to do the same. and yes i worry about what happens when i get to goal... but ive come to learn that i have to eat in moderation!!... hopefully that will come to you too...

During CD I thought it had come to me, but shortly into my break I realized it hadn't.

I really, really want this but do worry about school stress and the cost of it (brother started college, dad made redundant).

I love how I don't need to worry about food and can just not bother thinking about it on CD.

My heart is saying do it but my head is saying don't!

maybe have a go.. see how you go. if you dont feel like you are getting on, change to something different. :)

maybe have a go.. see how you go. if you dont feel like you are getting on, change to something different. :)

But for me there is nothing different.. I just don't know if I can factor it into life at the moment.

there are loads of other diets... why do you say that you couldnt factor in anything else? (if you dont mind me asking)
im not saying do this, but ive learnt alot about what i was putting into my mouth from taking xenical (dr prescribed double strength version of Ali)

there are loads of other diets... why do you say that you couldnt factor in anything else? (if you dont mind me asking)
im not saying do this, but ive learnt alot about what i was putting into my mouth from taking xenical (dr prescribed double strength version of Ali)

What I mean is that for me to lose weight successfully nothing works but CD but I don't know if I can factor CD in to life at the moment.

School stress, money, fear of weight gain etc.

I say go for it because I think you will learn from what happened when you put the weight back on. Good luck.

Thanks girls..! :)

I'll talk to mum about it and hopefully I'll start either for December or January.

:)

I feel ready to go back on BUT I am afraid that I don't have the emotional skills to change my habits post CD.
QUOTE]

Hi Gorgeous

Firstly I think you need help clarifying why you want to be slim (apart from the usual "I want to be healthy" thing because that is too ambiguous). Can I suggest you look at www.dietguy.co.uk which is an excellent blog that looks precisely at that. Down the left hand side column you'll see a section named "Categories" and in that is "General Mindset" and "NLP Techniques" ... these are both excellent places to start and will give you a sense of direction and motivation.

Also IMHO I honestly believe that you have to use CD as a tool to examine your beliefs/behaviours as you do the plan.. not after. You won't be able to use food to hide any more so you'll need support to help you change your beliefs systems regarding how you cope with stress via formal support or accessing self help strategies (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)) is a good place to start.

You've already also got the "emotional eating" doc I posted earlier? If not i've attached here. My concern would be that, without the proper tools to help you in your journey (like above) you will be trying to battle uphill in a force 10 gale and then get disheartened and give out to yourself when you struggle.

Hope that helps hon

xx

Attachments

• Emotional Eating 101.zip
    27.8 KB · Views: 9
Back