ReTraining My Brain

MarkB

Day 1 on Lipotrim...

Spent most of the day stopping myself doing the things we normally do without thinking.

Trip to the shops , not buying any goodies, Cup of Tea, no biscuits to dip in....

Making the childrens dinner without tasting it or polishing off any left overs....

Had my first "chicken" soup, can't say i enjoyed it but at least it seems to have filled me up .. Trying the strawberry and vanilla shakes tomorrow, like the idea of mixing coffee and ice in with the vanilla one though!!!

I am on day 4 and yes the whole retraining your brain thing is hard. I've had to stop myself many times from picking, and im starting realise actually how much did! I reckon the local shop here will be going into liquidation without my daily need for snacks!!

The hardest thing I have recognised is not to taste the food I am cooking. First night I served up hard oven chips to my family, they weren't impressed lol!

I'm quite an old fashioned cook, lots of casseroles, pies, pasties (I'm actually a cornish gal!) and pasta. I LOVE to cook and have found it hard this week. hence the family having pizza and chips on my first day lol.

But I tend to cook in the morning now, or use a slow cooker for them, I know im less likely to pick at that time.

I remember reading in a magazine years ago that once the kids/hubby etc have finished their meal and if there are left overs to quickly squeeze washing up liquid on the plates to resist temptation. I have a dog, and he is loving this diet I am on!!

Good luck with your journey, and keep telling us how you are getting on :)

Welcome and good luck. It is hard to retrain the brain, I tried snacking on celery and carrots at Christmas and really miss them now!

Take care and keep posting - it helps keep the mind off other things!

x

Well done Mark. I took my first trip to the supermarket yesterday in over 2 weeks and was very proud of myself! I just went in to buy loo roll, went straight to the isle bi-passing the bakery and the smell of the fresh bread that smelt divine. It will take time but you will get there.

Morning Mark and welcome to Lipotrim. The first few days will be the hardest for you then you will soon get into the swing of it. Have a look for a thread called recipes, I have put down how I make them and the variety of things you can do with them.
My only thought on you drinking your shake so early is that you might be hungry later. Maybe its just me, but I tend to have my first one around 10am even when I am working like today. What you could also try is splitting the shakes in the first few days, have half now and half later, thats what some people do and its ok to do that.
Good luck on your journey, just keep popping on the boards, there is so much help and support here.

well done you! enjoy your new mindset and use this time to establish long term habits. good luck on your exciting new journey, it will be so much fun once you start to see the difference xox

hey there, you will get used to it and it will soon become second nature. 3 weeks in and i know not to lick the mayonnaise off my finger when making the hubby a sandwich! I even giggle about it!

I think the fact that you know you will knock yourself out of ketosis if you cheat will help keep you on the straight and narrow :)

Welcome
Lipotrim is fab! Good luck

Well done Mark for starting LT. It's good that you have Nicki to help you on your way. She is very inspiring and her weight loss is amazing. Good luck.

Day 3 am, morning all, biggest minefield of the lot today - back to the office. This is where most of my unnecessary eating stems from. Fortunately i start a new project that i have been preparing since October , so im going to have my hands full(of work) for the next few months. Day 2 was good , a few headaches but little sign of hunger , and im sure i have lost a chin! (5 to go then)

Day 3 am, morning all, biggest minefield of the lot today - back to the office. This is where most of my unnecessary eating stems from. Fortunately i start a new project that i have been preparing since October , so im going to have my hands full(of work) for the next few months. Day 2 was good , a few headaches but little sign of hunger , and im sure i have lost a chin! (5 to go then)

I swear you can notice the weightloss even in a few days! I haven't any scales at home, but am noticing my stomach is not so bloated, my face looks thinner and waistbands have eased a bit.

Well done and keep going, and keep busy! :)

Back