Total Solution return of the muff

nomoremuffintop

Gold Member
Sooo.. I was here 2011 on January the 4th and I started lipotrim then switched to exante and got down from 17.4 to 10.6 but I went off the rails big time. My lifes been upside down with Bipolar struggles. My Autistic sons issues and my epilepsy returned with a jolt and I got to my heaviest ever weight of 18.2 over xmas. My pic is of me after I lost my weight over 5 months in 2011 and of me now :(

Im now on day 6 100% exante sole source and I'm plucking up the courage to return to minimins.

I have 10 weeks stock of packs and I am very very serious this time.

I deleted everyone from here off of my Facebook and cut everyone out of my life because I was in denial that I needed support and after a zillion retries I never managed to do it alone.

I have 1 day this month planned (26th) to have off plan as I'm taking my mum to see the Jersey boys and for a meal and 1 weekend in February for my husbands birthday/valentines weekend.

Other than fizzy flavoured water from asda (I'm in ketosis fine don't worry) I'm having nothing but exante packs.

I have tried to write a diary by hand but it doesn't feel the same so I'm here to ramble on about my day to day life just to pass the time away while giving my opinion on exante products as I try the new flavours that have been introduced over the past 5 years.

I didn't come back for advice, I know exactly what I need to do. I came here for the therapy :eek:

Positive thoughts muffy

Hi muffy, sounds like you're in the zone.

Hi muffy don't beat yourself up it has happened to most of us. It's so easy to just shut everyone out but that's usually the warning sign to myself that I'm going off the rails, i have just come back after having a break, I lost 3stone in 4 months and went from 17.4 to 13.4 but regained a stone and I'm at 14.5 right now. I've lost 6lb since new year so back on track. My weight bounces around and I'm not perfect at maintaining I've been a dieter as long as I can remember. I can check in with you if you like? Kind of buddy up if your interested, I need to stay focused xx

Hi Muff, welcome! Sweetas is right, I think a lot of us are here for a re-start. I lost 4 stone in 2o13 and it has crept on and then some despite restarts in between. There is a lot of dedication on the forum this year so I think we will all make it this time :)

What fizzy water do you drink and stay in ketosis?

Hi every one. I've totally lost my 'reply style' It's been a long time

Thanks for pipping in to say hi. Please feel free to keep in touch but be warned i do drone one a bit haha.

I personally find ketosis easy and my tollerance to citric acid in flavoured water is pretty high. The need to feel i am having water that i enjoy outweighs the risks of not being in ketosis and i have way more chances of meeting my water target if i drink flavoured fizzy water as aposed to plain. I am not saying its 'ok' but it works for me.

I dont even check for citric acid i just chose flavoured water that i like. At the moment my favourite is coconut and pinapple flavour and it has 1.2 carbs and 0.4g fat and 24 calories per litre.

Im in ketosis and feel full so citric acid is not an issue for me. I am on day 7 and am on track for a 12 lb loss on my first weigh in tomorrow xx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-10-15-47-00.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-10-15-47-00.png
    360.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Im i no way at all a fussy eater. In fact the only 1 food in the whole world that i do not like is tinned marrofat peas.
So tasting new things is what keeping me going i think. Having new meals to look forward to is a bonus on such a strict diet.

Iv had a few newer packs this week that I'd never tasted.

1) The apple crumble and custard pack.
I found it ok, although it didn't taste of much. It was custard like and had a few bits in that tasted a bit apple like so on the whole not bad. I will have it again. 4/10

2) pasta ham and mushroom soup.
I hated everything about the soups when I started 5 years ago there were not many to chose from. I hates Thai chicken as it tasted of nothing and the vegetable and the tomato were all that was available back then and those were ok but quickly bored me, so I gave them all away.
I didn't order any other soups this time but the pasta ham and mushroom and I am so pleased I did order that because it's really nice. Creamy thick and filling. Really pleased. 7/10

3) lemon and raspberry shake.
Yuk. Bitter and strange. Its a shame i have 11 of them 1/10

Off to bed.

Iv done well today.
I cooked a roast chicken as my autistic 6 year old wont eat anything else and a steak stew for my husband and other 3 sons. It was very hard. I'm not hungry but i miss the habit of eating. I have an empty feeling on a cold sunday that only having a yummy roast chicken, creamy mash & vegetables can fulfill my day. But it's not true at all. The feeling soon passes and the feeling of pride replaces it.

Tomorrow is weigh day.
I'm hoping for 17.5

Good luck for the weigh in! :)

Hi

Thanks smidge

I am so pleased I am now 17.2 I didn't weigh in properly this week but I'm on day 10 and iv lost around a stone and im still going! the scales are going down so that's what's important.

I tried the burgers on Monday and hated them so won't be having them again any time soon.

I also tried the gooey salted caramel pudding which was nice.

Today iv had an apple and cinnamon porridge and 1 litre of water.

Its a lazy day at home in my pj's today as yesterday was food shopping day and had a meeting with sons school so I need a day at home to relax (I have fibromyalgia) im just waiting for my husband to go and pick up my new anti epileptics and migraine medication from the chemist which has made me feel quite anxious. I hate to start new meds. I'm probably going to sleep alot over the next 24 hours which always helps to pass the days as the fat melts away I suppose .

Fab loss, no wonder you are pleased :)

Haha, I bet lots of us are going to bed early these days!

I am still up

Forgot to have 2 of my packs so I had to fit them in.

I had a cherry almond bar which was nice but a bit too soft and sweet for me. I prefer the old version choc orange cereal bar type.

I also had a choc mint shake with lots of Ice and beanies Irish cream flavoured coffee blended in to a frappe type shake.

Its been an emotional day. Had a fall out with my baby boy (eldest who is 15) such a small thing ended up huge and I have been crying for hours. I'm such a mess and I found it really hard not to be able to turn to comfort eating. Its so hard for him coping with my bipolar I feel so guilty

Im quite proud of myself, I could have filled my face. I'm very happy I stayed strong. Day 10 over and I'm off to bed.

I'll try and read some diaries tomorrow and get to know a few of the people that joined since I was last about and see if I can find some of the members I used to be really close to xx

Sorry to hear you had such a tough day. And well done for not falling off the wagon. I'm sure you and your boy will make up :) Try not to beat yourself up about it x

Well done for sticking to it :)

Sooooo..... I'm back again

I reached my heaviest ever this xmas I was 18 stone 6lb

I managed to lose 8lb just by not having an appetite since new year.

I decided it's a good time to start again, seen as I hardly eat anyway.

I weighed myself at boots on 2/3/17 and I was 17 stone 12lb.

Started exante on Monday 6/3/17 and I'll weigh at Tesco before doing my weekly food shop every Tuesday. I thought this might help me not to pick up anything I shouldn't while there.

So far I've been good. Exante 100% Bars, meals and shakes + water and mint tea.

I'm not stopping until my brothers engagement party 13/5/17 then I'll start again and carry on up until the kids are on summer break. I'll enjoy the holidays and my birthday on 9/9/17 then plan on getting back to lose any gain until xmas. I think that's the only way I can manage. Big bursts of exante to detox knowing I have a few weeks to enjoy myself after is my motivation.

This diary is more for me at the moment so I'm sorry if anyone reads it and it's really boring x

Hello! I'm on day 3 restart today, I also lost quite a bit of weight on Lipotrim in 2009 4 stone to be precise, but of course it's all gone back on, so here I am again, I did start in January but gave up after 3wks, was planning on restarting but kept on changing the date.... Anyway so here I am, I put on half of the 7kgs I lost, I was quite surprised i thought I'd put it all back on... maybe we could be inspiration for each other on our journeys, I love to read others diaries to spur me on, I'm having a mix of bars and meals, and there's not many shakes I like.. Anyway good luck and keep posting if only for yourself in find it really helps.. btw lovely picture...

Hi I'm still on plan!

Couldn't log in to post as the 2 step verification wouldn't work. I miss the old app

I weighed on Tuesday and I'd lost 8lb. It was TOTM so not a bad loss.

I've just received my Mother's Day present.... a 4 week shakes box from exante

I had a raspberry porridge for breakfast.

I had a cup of tea made with some alpro unsweetened almond milk for a little treat.

I am going to try the lemon cheesecake smoothie and vanilla almond shake for the first time today.

How are you getting on silverlady?

Almost at the end of week 2.

Week one was totm and I only lost 8lb (I normally drop 10-15 lb in my 1st week)

I have been doing total solution. I was having whatever 3 packs I fancied so could be a pasta carbonara a bar and a shake or porridge or pancakes each day. I did add the odd cup of tea made with almond milk in the first 8 days but my losses were slower than I'd expected.

So I decided to do strict 100% total solution with just shakes and water. 3 shakes and plenty of water every day and expected that I'd lose a good amount has no more totm to hinder my losses but I've weighed today and I've only lost 5lb

I know it's still a loss but I'm friends with a lot of people that are losing with slimming world, are never hungry and they still lose 3-4 lb a week even after a month and they're not as heavy as me I just feel a bit left out.

I'm not saying I'm giving in. Not at all. I will continue, I have 8 weeks until my mini goal of being 15 stone. So I have a realistic chance of meeting my target. If I lose 4lb a week I should do it just in time. I don't mind being 15 stone....

I went to Tunisia for my honey moon in 2013 at 15 stone 7 after failing to lose weight in time but I felt more or less happy and the holiday went fine and I made the most of the once in a life time 2 weeks away. I was adamant I wouldn't let my weight ruin my holiday. I went out in short shorts and dresses and sat around the pool topless every single day in a tie side bikini bottom in a size 18 with my 36 JJ boobies and had a lovely time.

So 15 stone isn't a terrible weight. My main goal is to lose 3 more stone after my brothers engagement party in may before the kids are on the summer holiday and that would make me 12 stone. Hopefully I don't go mad but I won't be dieting over the summer holidays and by the time I go away on holiday to Spain for 2 weeks just me and my mum in September I will still be around 12 stone.

Here's 2 photos of me in Tunisia at 15 stone 7 for a bit of inspiration to myself

Attachments

• IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    418.6 KB · Views: 47
I made a beautiful dinner for hubby and 4 sons. A big BBQ pulled pork shoulder and fresh crusty baguettes with salad and cheese! (Sorry). The smell of it cooking in the slow cooker drove me mad. I didn't touch the pork but I caved in and had exante maple syrup pancakes
I really wanted to do just shakes for a week to see the effect but I failed.
Not the end of the world and I probably sound pathetic but I just want to be in control of what I put in my mouth!! Argh!

I had a white chocolate and raspberry shake for breakfast and then pancakes at dinner time so I'll have another shake later on and start again tomorrow X

Back