Returning and Burning

Gecko

Returned and having a successful journey this time. Started back in July and I've lost over 80lb so far. I'm doing low-carb but allowing myself a lot of freedom so I enjoy the process more. It's been working so far. I'll try to check in once a week or so. :)

Last edited:
Forgot to come back here, lol. It's a bit of a dead forum sadly, being active doesn't feel as worthwhile in this case.

Anyway, I've hit a bit of a plateau but I'm not letting it hurt my morale. I haven't done any exercise during this diet so I think it's time to introduce some and also try to increase my water intake. That should help speed up the loss. Still, I will definitely have surpassed 100lb in a year and then some so I'm not complaining. :woohoo:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your results! Anyone (like me :D) see this post. Low-carb is a really good thing, you can reach your goal!

I wonder about low-carb - do you always have this or on certain days?

Last edited:
Thank you. Low-carb is typically a long-term process, which includes keto and Atkins. You're relying on changes to your body that come from eating a small amount of carbs to help you lose more weight than usual. But since it can take several days or over a week for those changes to happen, you can't just go back and forth from low-carb to high-carb. Those who do cheat days would usually only do that around once a month on these diets.

Many start low-carb at 20g of carbohydrates a day which can feel quite extreme as it really limits food choices. After a while, some people like myself can increase those limits. I'm now allowing myself 40g a day and it's enjoyable. I have substitutes for many foods that are low-carb-friendly such as bread, cereal, milk and chocolate.

I'd probably recommend the diet to those who have struggled with different dieting beforehand, and most of all to those who are at a higher weight. I've tried various diets over the years and none of it worked until I started doing low-carb while giving myself more freedom.

Thank you. Low-carb is typically a long-term process, which includes keto and Atkins. You're relying on changes to your body that come from eating a small amount of carbs to help you lose more weight than usual. But since it can take several days or over a week for those changes to happen, you can't just go back and forth from low-carb to high-carb. Those who do cheat days would usually only do that around once a month on these diets.

Many start low-carb at 20g of carbohydrates a day which can feel quite extreme as it really limits food choices. After a while, some people like myself can increase those limits. I'm now allowing myself 40g a day and it's enjoyable. I have substitutes for many foods that are low-carb-friendly such as bread, cereal, milk and chocolate.

I'd probably recommend the diet to those who have struggled with different dieting beforehand, and most of all to those who are at a higher weight. I've tried various diets over the years and none of it worked until I started doing low-carb while giving myself more freedom.
Thank you for telling about low-carb. I heard that cheat days could be once a week, but I believe you.
So, do you usually have one and the same amount of carb (for a week or for another period) or you can change it?

Oh I feel like low-carb is going to be a hard but useful journey. Try do reduce its amount day be day...

Another problem is that doing exercises is very boring to me. I hate the process of going to the gym, changing clothes... seems to me a great time loss :rolleyes:
Want to ask you about jumping - is it useful for losing weight? It seems to be really fun especially using trampoline e. g. like these ones, but I'm not sure about it. I'm afraid to have a trauma using it! But I want to enjoy my activities, so I'm not sure... Have you tried this?

Thank you!

To be honest I've never actually had a cheat day in the sense of freely being able to gorge on carbohydrates. There's only been a few days in the past nine months when I went over the carb limit. As long as I stay within my 40g carb limit (I recommend starting at 20g or possibly 30g and working towards 40g several months later), any day can potentially be a cheat day really. I can have bread, milk, cereal, sweet and more because there are substitutes that fall within the limit. I even have low-carb brownies here.

I can usually enjoy myself without needing more carbs. But once a month I have a glass bottle of full-sugar Coke. It's not high-carb enough that it exceeds my daily 40g limit but high enough that I can have almost nothing else with carbs on the day. Rare treats taste better anyway.

If you ever want to do low-carb (or keto), one of the biggest mistakes starting out is not using any kind of tool to track what you eat. A lot of people assume that you can eat what you want at whatever point you like because you'll be satiated more easily. However, it's so easy to lose track or have a certain food that you thought was low-carb but was in fact high-carb. I use an app called Carb Manager which is perfect for my needs. A similar app is MyFitnessPal.

Back