Returning in the New Year

212degrees

112lbs lost - 28 to go!
Hey hey guys and girls! Ok brief history, I started properly on the Cambridge Diet last January (after messing around with it on and off for a couple of years) and stuck to it 100% until I had lost 6 and a half stone by the end of June. Very happy with this I came off CD and went back to normal meals. I may have over insulated every now and then with takeaways and nights out but I didn't return to my old eating habits which I'm very proud of! No binge eating in my room or eating for the sake of it etc! I have put back on a little, maybe a stone or so but I'm still so happy with how far I've come! I didn't get to my goal weight last time but was ready to leave CD so I think I made the beat decision for myself t the time - what would be the point if my head and heart wasn't in it anymore and I risked rebelling and going right back to where I started! Anyways, I think I'm ready now to get down to my goal weight so will be back on CD as soon in January as possible and remembering how wonderful the support on this site was and how many hard times it got me through I thought I would suck back in now and say hi and looking forward to the many hours I will spend on here once again! Also I think it'll help me as I have now put in writing that I WILL go back to CD and WILL get to my goal weight after knowing I can cope without going back to my old bad ways! So all help and support is appreciated and any advice and support I can offer will always be there :) xx

Hello!
I am also a returner, who will be starting after Christmas.
I wasn't as successful as you so am now 2 and a half stone heavier than when I started CD last time.
How much did you lose last time? How long did it take?
How much are you wanting to lose this time?

Hey there! I lost 6 stone in 6 months. I want to hit my target goal this time not sue how much it'll be until I go for weigh in (broken scales at the mo!) but I think it'll be about 3-4 stone if I expect the worst, which being me I do! Lol! I was happy with. Stopping when I did, I had lost enough to actually enjoy a summer which I don't ever remember being able to do but would vey much like to achieve my goal now. I have a new bloke as well and think that it's a good time for me to focus on hitting my weight loss again rather than getting to the comfortable 'I'll eat what you do because it's easier' and see my weight creep (or snowball) back to what it was. This way it'll be my pattern not falling into his which is something I've done many times before!

I wouldn't stress over your gain, the main thing is that you've recognised that you want to remedy it and are coming back! Better now than later :) how long were you on CD before? How much did you lose?

I'm imagining i'm gonna find it harder this time so if you would like a diet buddy i'd be very very happy! Need someone to kick my butt if I don't behave and I would like to have someone to share advice, support and focus! :) I'm hoping to start as close to the start of January as possible (depending on when I can see my CDC) x

Good luck hun - your story so far is very inspiring!

Well done on the huge weight loss in 2010 and more or less maintaining!

Will you cope with CD with your new bloke in tow? Will he understand the not eating and not going for meals/McDonalds thing?

Xxx

Thanks Jill! Yeah my bloke is an absolute star! He been my housemate (along with two other friends of mine) since February so when he met me I was only about a month into the diet so he knows me from when I was bigger and while I was on the the diet which is a huge bonus and so reassuring! He doesn't fully understand what a big deal this is to me to hit my target because I've lost so much since I've known him but he is 100% behind me doing what I want to do and to be fair he couldn't stop me if he tried! Lol! We both work alot of evenings (I have 2 jobs and he's a bartender) so food isn't a routine for us which I think will really help.

Thank you for your kind words, I just hope my journey can help others as much as al the amazing stories on here helped me!! Xx

Hello! It would be great to have a diet buddy! PM me when you know when you're starting, and we can catch up in the new year.

I have about 8stone to lose ideally (definitely a minimum of 6stone)

Last time I lost 2 and a half in about one month, but I only managed to SS 100% for about 2weeks, then fell of the wagon.

I think I am more up for the challenge this time. Also, I get married 2years today (!) so I need to stay motivated.

Currently I am hoping I can cover most of my journey by about September 2011, just in time for me to start wedding dress shopping! I also have my 30th in spring next year, which will motivate me to have a great start for the first 4months!

(sorry for the life story!)

Life stories are good, they help with advice and experience so don't worry about that! :D

I would love it to buddy up! A birthday is a great goal and a wedding is just fantastic!

Your goal is what mine was when I started and it will just fly past once you get into it! I haven't really though of a goal date this time round but I'm sure something will crop up! Will definitely pm you when I have my start date and anytime in the meanwhile you wanna chat more than happy! :) so excited to get back to it!!! X

Welcome back ladies!!

Congratulations on - new boyfriends, huge weight loss, spring 30th's and up and coming weddings!!!!!

Good luck with your restart

Xxxxxxx

I am also excited to announce I have made an appointment with my cdc to buy in products ready to start back in January(although having mini break to Euro Disney off at end of month).
Feel I finally made some changes that have hugely improved my marriage(which some of you may remember was hanging by a thread in September), have had a very hard few months with my dad being admitted to hospital for his dementia.....but due to finally transfer to a nursing home this week, realised although I love the recipes and foods for slimming world it just doesn't work for me- only Cambridge can help me ,I need a break from the food n booze to help me find other ways to feed my emotions or entertain myself.
Also I have found out what I want to do now Master T at nursery and school in Sept', I want to campaign for improvements in dementia care and Santa is getting me a net book for xmas so I can play on that when I get a chance to be bored instead of just sitting watching tv guzzling and munching.
I also have finally had/having some excellent counselling to help me deal with the loss of my mum, struggles with my dad's situation and how it all impacted on my marriage so I feel like I am finally in a good position to re-start cambridge.
Am as embarrassed to say I can't stop eating at the moment and am almost the same weight as when I started in Aug 2009,and will be after xmas.
However I hope to lose at least 5st again(was actually 4st12), ideally 6 and a half.....7 would be amazing, then go up the plans not just off!
Have a great xmas everyone, am looking forward to being on here from Jan 2nd x

Mrs Taurus, I'm so glad things are looking up for you! I'm hoping to start back on the 2nd too, just waiting for my CDC to get back to me to book in an appointment :D be great to keep each other motivated and I look forward to reading your posts and progress! Good luck! X

Looking forward to it already! Guess that's weird huh?
I have my doctors appointment booked for Wednesday. Fingers crossed I get my forms signed!

I'm sure you'll get them signed no problem! It is kinda weird looking forward to it but I miss the strictness of it and also I have let things slip slightly more than I intended but I think that's natural. Went from having a really bad beginning of the year to an amazing one so it was gonna affect my weight at least I haven't returned to my old awful habits!!! Just over indulged in a food way if that makes sense x

its great to see so many of you starting in Jan - As of today I'm half way through my journey - but still a long way to go so will be great to have some more support in the new year (and hopefully offer some back too). Hope you all have a great Christmas etc and look forward to seeing your journeys in 2011!

Just wanted to say hi - I am restarting in January too assuming I can find a counsellor and can get my forms signed by the Dr (want to start 31st December but seem to be running out of time!!). Bit about me:

I started originally in June 2008, did really well and lost 5 stone in 3 months. Then my mum was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease in September 2008. Managed to pretty much maintain my weight until about January 2009, but my depression kicked in watching mum deteriorate and I wasn't even remotely in the right place to continue. Unfortunately the depression meant that I undid all the good work I had done, and between Jan - July 2009 I regained every lb I had lost and then some! At my heaviest I topped 25stone.

Managed to lose a bit and get back down to around the 23 stone 8lb weight, which appears to be a resting weight for me - this is about where I started last time and about where I will start again in January...GAH.

Planning initially to lose 10 stone, but I will be really happy once I just below 20 stone again. Me and the other half have some big plans in the pipeline for the next year or 2 - we are hoping to move to America! I want to start my new life at a "normal" size - I think it will help me with maintaining my weight in the long term!

Good luck!

Wow I'm so jelouse. Love to live in America. Spent six months in Florida doing my pilot training. Love it. Very easy to make bad food choices there tho. Hope you ge on well with the plan :) xx

Hi Starlit_Cazza! There seems to be quite a few returnees for the new year which is great! Quite a few newbies too! I'm sure as ever we will all be overwhelmed by support on this site, really was my saviour last time! Heres to a slimmer new year! X

Yay! After a drama (doctor was one hour late,didn't apologise and then couldn't even be bothered to weigh me or read the form, or even ask what diet it was) has signed the forms!
Now I can start! Really excited! Looking forward to it! Now just need to find out when my cdc is available for an appointment! Yay!

Congrats on getting your forms signed. I just went to the doctors to have a check up before coming back to cambridge (mainly for my own piece of mind) and I have put on a shocking 3 stone since coming off the diet in June!!!!! I'm gutted - had no idea it as that much! I was expect ideally one but probably hitting up 2, but 3! But, I'm staying positive and made the following list/goals to keep me on track:
1. I've reassessed my goal and am going to set it at 11 stone (originally my goal was 10.5) which I think is more realistic and manageable for me and being 5ft 10 it's a healthy goal which means I have 3.5 to loose.
2. I also have to keep reminding myself how far I've come, at my heaviest I was 21 stone so I've come a long way and this is the final bit before maintaining PROPERLY
3. I had an awesome summer :D and wasn't that careful so this should be expected to a certain degree
4. Settling into a very happy but still new relationship with an amazing guy - I do not need to eat what/the amount that he does
5. I know longer have time to go to the gym so am going to start walking in my lunch breaks
6. I have caught this before it got too bad and I care so that's a good thing
7. Need to get a decent set of scales so I can keep track of my weight. I'm not obsessive but I find it helps me to weigh myself daily just so I know what's going on and when o may be more bloated etc (ie time of the month) and think that it will definitely help with maintaining.if I had been weighing myself at all since coming off the cambridge I would have caught this earlier
8. I'm still wearing size 12 dresses ( I have a stoplight small waist) and carry most of my weight on my bum and legs, but more importantly I'm swearing dresses! Never imagined that when I was a size 24-26!

Sorry to go on but needed to vent and put all this down on (electronic) paper! I have also bought a little diary to keep track of everything like exercise, weigh ins etc and have set myself the target of 1.5 stone by the end of January. I would like to be at goal by April but my main goal is to hit my goal weight and stay there. So plan:

1. Enjoy Christmas without eating like the worlds going to end because I'm going back on Cambridge
2. From Monday, reduce carbs in my meals in preparation
3. NOT get upset or ashamed at my CDC appointment next Thursday.
4. Not to think of this as a redraft or a failure this is merely part 2 of my Cambridge journey.

Phew! Sorry for the smega long post but I feel better now. And haven't reached for any form of food or alcohol to make myself feel bette. I think I've had a mini break through. Mini yay for me! :) x

Back