Reward/Treat to yourself for your weightloss - What`s yours?

As has been mentioned in Kiiras topic and some others, we are going to treat ourselves for our weight loss.

Rewarding ourselves for our weight loss is a great insentive and also makes us feel good about ourselves! :D

So far, I have bought clothes because I have dropped a size or two, But I have only been buying cheap stuff as I hope not to stay in them so don`t really see them as rewards as such unless it is something particularly pretty or for a special occasion. I also treated myself to 2 new tattoos ;)

I am thinking of getting some star tattoos somewhere to represent each stone I lose (so far 2 and a half afaik) as I have a few to go yet (at least 3 :( ). But haven`t decided where or if they`ll def be stars. I also like the idea of a Pheonix somewhere.

So.. What is yours going to be?

LiSe Xxxx

well i lurve girly stuff an pampering so what ive been doing is putting a £1 in a jar every day i am good no snacking etc At the end of the month im going to open the box and go have my nails or hair done or buy some expensive make up or some nice under wear!!

Not all at once of course!! but thats my idea anyway!!

love katie
xxxx

Ooo Kae that's a lovely idea!!!

I'm thinking of buying myself a pandora charm for every stone i lose then hopefully by christmas i'll have more than 2 charms on it lol!!!!

ooooh i luv them, id be to scared to wear it tho!! Id be thinking i'd loose it!! ha

Any way missy!! your only 4lbs off your first stone so im sure youd have a lot more than two by xmas:xmastree:!!! Dont be hard on ya self!!

Well done on your weight loss:clap::happy036:

Love katie:D
xx

I'm trying to be realistic Kae, always start off diets really well with really good weight losses but ive not been below 17stone since I was 19 so if i get there it'll be a mega breakthrough :-D. The bracelet was a leaving gift from work in April came with 2 beautiful charms that i'm yet to add to even though i've got a huge wish list lol. I'm hoping this diet will be different coz this time i'm not only doing it for a vain reason, last time it was to look good for my wedding, but we want a baby and having just being diagnosed with PCOS and being told it's not recommended to have treatment til my bmi is under 32 if my desire for a child can't keep me on the straight and narrow then i don't think anything ever will. That and of course the good health, morbidity rates etc but sometimes we needa more personal pressing reason to shift the lbs.

Yes i cant think of a better reason for it!! Im sure you will get there!! Slowly but surely is defo the way!! If you lost 1 pound a week from now up till xmas you could loose almost two stone!

I wish you every sucess in your weight loss!! Such personal reasons!! I have every thing crossed for you chick!!!

xxxx

mine is going out and actually feeling comfortable in my skinny jeans...and yup that night is planned lol....

friday night, me and my fellow colleagues are off out for a partay!

pics MAY follow lol

oooo missy that sounds fun, bet you can't wait :)

i havent been out on the town for a while so yup...its gonna get messy lol:eek:

all those ideas sound lovely. i love my angels faeries and crystals so i am still debating which to go with proberbly angels but i am going to get an extra special one for every stone i loose.:D

ooooh sounds lurvly too!!

my girls (1 and 3) got these beautiful pink glass angels for xmas. I keep them by thier beds

x x x x

Sounds great!! I love everyones ideas for treats :D

Ninja, Don`t lose hope for a baby. I was told highly unlikely I would ever have more as I also have PCOS and an underactive Thyroid. I wasn`t on the pill or anything as it made me ill but I still have my beautiful 3yr old daughter <3 There is 10 yrs between her and my son but she is here!! :D

I was given Metformin, Has your Dr mentioned trying that?

Good Luck Xxx

And good luck to everyone else - Onwards and downwards eh? :D Xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm trying to be realistic Kae, always start off diets really well with really good weight losses but ive not been below 17stone since I was 19 so if i get there it'll be a mega breakthrough :-D. The bracelet was a leaving gift from work in April came with 2 beautiful charms that i'm yet to add to even though i've got a huge wish list lol. I'm hoping this diet will be different coz this time i'm not only doing it for a vain reason, last time it was to look good for my wedding, but we want a baby and having just being diagnosed with PCOS and being told it's not recommended to have treatment til my bmi is under 32 if my desire for a child can't keep me on the straight and narrow then i don't think anything ever will. That and of course the good health, morbidity rates etc but sometimes we needa more personal pressing reason to shift the lbs.

one of my relatives suffered from pcos and eventually had 2 beautiful daughters it may not be as easy to get pregnant but not impossible either good luck.xx:)

Hi... your post could have been written by me!

I'm on Xenical because we went for fertility treatment (I have PCOS) and I can't get any treatment until my BMI is at 35 so I went to the drs to ask for Reductil as I had been prescribed it previously. He refused (in a nice way!) and persuaded me to try Xenical, 4 weeks ago now.

I just wanted to post because someone else mentioned Metformin... I was prescribed Metformin and although I showed a small weightloss, the side effects were horrendous. I felt really awful and to get the best out of the treatment you are meant to take a high dose of Metformin, and I just couldn't tolerate it anymore, regardless of how determined I was to take it.

I have researched a bit about Xenical and PCOS on the internet and I've found some interesting things, one thing I found most recently: -

The prescription weight-loss drug orlistat (brand name Xenical), appears to be as effective as the drug metformin (brand name Glucophage), in the treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), according to researchers at the University of Hull in England.

In this study, 21 women received either metformin or orlistat three times a day. After 3 months, both drugs produced a significant reduction in testosterone levels. (As you know, many women with PCOS have testosterone levels that are too high).

Moreover, those in the orlistat group showed a greater weight reduction than those in the metformin group. Results of this study would suggest that you would benefit by taking orlistat, especially if you are overweight.

I have the link if you want to look at it more yourself but for me I know that as I don't have any side effects on Xenical, I'm going to stick at that as Metformin was just intolerable.

If you want to chat more, give me a shout... its nice to hear that there is someone on this journey for exactly the same reason as myself! xxx

Back