rewards for weight loss?

mantha16

as I'm about to start my journey I was thinking about what to do about rewarding myself for reaching my goals as I go along as my old method of food rewards won't work. Im a tattoo enthusiast and I've alwys said when I reach my ideal goal I am going to get a back piece of a cascade of sweets cupcakes etc to show that I have control over food now not the other way around, I always refer to food as my friend, my lover, my enemy my nemesis

I'm just curious what do other people use as rewards? and do you have any big plans when you acheive your goal?

My plan... Once I reach the lower bracket of the 10 Stone range... I'm going to go and stalk/meet Dwayne Johnson hahah.... Hopefully he'll be filming a movie or something!

Hmmm..... not rewards as such, but I do enjoy treating myself to a) new clothes (down 4 sizes so far), including workout gear; and b) gadgets and gizmos to support my new healthier lifestyle. I was utterly thrilled with my fitbit wireless activity tracker..... until I lost it last week when out walking in the Lake District, boo hoo. However, I am consoled in my loss by the acquisition of a Garmin forerunner GPS enabled running watch with heart rate monitor.

Do I need these things? Probably not. Do they motivate me to be more active? Absolutely. Do I enjoy them? You betcha!

Barbara

I think it's a nice piece of motivation, if you have something to look forward to... Something that will help push you through the tough times! :)

Everyone motivates themselves in different ways. I personally like having a reward- I am having a hair cut this week to celebrate my one and a half stone target. But its all up to you if you do that sort of thing or not!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

I think we should all reward ourselves for me I use food treats and non food treats, its important for me to use food treats to keep me on track as whilst I love my healthy eating I do love a nice treat food wise as well, for me the treat has to be planned as I never have any trigger foods in my house as a binge eater I can't so I tend to go for a nice meal out with friends where I enjoy myself and eat what I like, that said its much smaller portions than I would have eaten in the past and always come home feeling better and more motivated again. The worst thing for me is not allowing myself any food treats for me that makes for certain failure of a plan as I feel hard done by whereas if 95% of the time I am on track and 5 % of the time I have some treats that works much better plus my weight is coming off well so I know the treats don't hurt my overall weight loss. Non food treats for me have to be something I love so for me its theatre tickets, trips to the cinema, days out with friends or family and as time goes on will be clothes. Its all about finding what treats work for you. Em

I would be far too much of a coward to ever get a tattoo ha ha, my friend has loads inc a whole sleeve on one arm, shes always getting new ones, I can't keep up!

I have four and when I went in for my first one, I was convinced that I'd be crying as I have an extremely low pain threshold! But no, no crying! Love gettin them done! Bit addictive hahah

I have crohns disease, ulcerative colitis and oral crohns so aswell as slimming world my food options are very basic and due to ingredients more so than fat content i cant have crisps, which are my weakness (probably why im doing so well on my diet, ha!) So my treat for reaching my 1st stone marker will be to buy myself one packet of crisps! HOORAH! 3lb to go!!

I'm also planning on Having a tattoo when I get to goal, already have one on my lower back but would like a bigger one on my back which when I get to goal I plan to have. Then it will be shown off in a bikini :) not to say I won't have any more before then mind u elsewhere already have 5 and I am addicted bloody love em.

Not sure what my next rewards gunna be for my club 10......

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I decided on my first reward today. A food treat of mini fish and cone of chips, sitting by the river in the sun. That's my reward for getting to 14st. Thing is I know I'll get to 14 but not so sure about the sun, not this summer anyway.

As for the tattoos, I'd love a new one but I still need to get my lower leg sleeve finished yet. And yes, they are addictive.

i swore after my first tattoo i would never have one again i currently have 7 lol im having my food themed one and then prob a half sleeve inspired by picasso dali, kandinsky and escher and maybe a small hello kitty then I have to stop otherwise ill end up with a full body suit.

weird thing is i hate being tattoed and can only sit for 2 hrs at a time due to my pain threshold lol i did toy with the idea of a collar piece (you know above the boobies but below the neck but i really dont think i could hack the pain there lol

There are some amazing chest pieces around but you're right they would really hurt.

What I find a bit bemusing is that some people still have this archaic notion that only sailors and criminals get tattooed. Ok some pieces look like they have been done with a guitar string in Strangeways but a nice piece should get the respect it deserves. Kids stare at tattoos in amazement, pastel shade wearing retired house wives cross the street.

If I find that I've lost weight on my Wednesday morning Weight In, then I get myself 2 white breadrolls and a packet of crisps for my Wednesday lunch... That's my mini reward.

Once I reach my goal, my rewards will be to go to Comic Con in San Diego, and also to try and meet Dwayne Johnson somewhere......

It motivates me to keep on struggling ;)

If I find that I've lost weight on my Wednesday morning Weight In, then I get myself 2 white breadrolls and a packet of crisps for my Wednesday lunch... That's my mini reward.

Once I reach my goal, my rewards will be to go to Comic Con in San Diego, and also to try and meet Dwayne Johnson somewhere......

It motivates me to keep on struggling ;)

ooh comic con im not into comics but i do love supernatural and all things seth macfarlane who also do comic con for me if i went the best thing would be not having to ask for a seatbelt extender on the plane hey maybe we could get dwayne johnson to guest on family guy/american dad then i can stalk seth macfarlane at the same time at comic con ha ha

There are some amazing chest pieces around but you're right they would really hurt.

What I find a bit bemusing is that some people still have this archaic notion that only sailors and criminals get tattooed. Ok some pieces look like they have been done with a guitar string in Strangeways but a nice piece should get the respect it deserves. Kids stare at tattoos in amazement, pastel shade wearing retired house wives cross the street.

thats so funny you said that I did criminology at uni and we had an awesome tutor who let us write an essay on pretty much anything we wanted as long as it was connected in someway to crim so I wrote about the deviance of tattoos and how tattooing has changed I got a 2:1 for that so good memorys lol and the research was more fun than my dissertation which required me to look at radical pro-life websites lol

oh would love to go to comic con even though its so far away, I love "Supernatural", "Dexter", "Vampire Diaries" etc and the cast of those always seem to be there. I had satisfied my fan crush a couple of years ago by meeting Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles out of "Supernatural", only regret was I looked massive in the photos with them!! Em

Back