Rhubarb

Ems1987

Hi all,

I am new to the site but am currently midway through cruise and have decided to introduce some rhubarb into my meals for a bit of variety. I have bought the frozen pack from Asda but just wondering how everyone cooks it as it is quite big so will last me a while! Do people generally cook it all then split and re-freeze in separate portions? :)

You'll be surprised Em at how it shrinks in cooking. I asked my OH to buy two 1K packs, and we both thought I'd gone OTT when I saw the size of the packages. BUT, in reality, 250g (1/4 of a pack) barely fills a ramekin when cooked.

I simply follow the instructions on the packet - frozen into a dish (one layer) - and bake 20-30 mins. I usually leave it in when I turn the oven off... and spoon some sweetener on.

Others might be more inventive.

Is that straight from frozen or having defrosted it first lou?[/QUOTE

straight from frozen, I put it on for 2 minutes then check it, if it's not soft enough for me I put it on for another minute, sometimes it needs some of the liquid straining off. I add sweetner when its done

someone on the forum makes rhubarb & ginger muffins - I tried them and they are lovely!!

edit - Think it's Ellie who suggested rhubarb muffins!

yup i make rhubarb muffins a lot LOL they are a very nice treat for breakfast, lunch or pudding LOL

Back