Ribena Plus

Caz

Repeat Offender
I spent quite a while in Sainsbury's yesterday looking through all the ingredients on different drinks for ones that didn't have citric or lactic acid in them. I had heard their strawberry and kiwi sparkling water didn't but seems the recipe has been changed unfortunately, that's one of my favourite waters. I drink tea and squash at work so need to find an alternative and I discovered Ribena Plus. Normal Ribena has citric acid in it but the Plus flavours don't. There's raspberry and apple, which I bought and it's lovely, blackcurrent and also a cherry and something flavour as well. Just thought I'd let you all know.

The raspberry and apple is the only one that seems to have no critic acid think I'll have to pick some up ( just looked on their site)

Haha I know, I'm surprised I didn't have the security guard coming up and asking me what I was doing I was looking so long! Pretty sure the blackcurrent doesn't either, though I can't stand blackcurrent personally.

Help! i have just had two 2ltr bottles of sainsburys sparkling water, after reading your thread i looked at my bottle and it has citric acid! what is it going to do to me lol?? I just needed something different and totally forgot the citric bit! carbs weren't too bad and i though that would be ok! x x

Bugger!

So how much citric acid would it take do you think? i have 2 bottles left!

There isn't a set amount. For some people, it doesn't make any difference, others are really sensitive to it and just one or two cans of something could throw them out.

I had some squash with citric acid throughout my 7 weeks and my losses were just as good as in the past when I havent. Don't worry about it, just avoid it from now on if it worries u. X

Just been to sainsburys to get another bottle and checked the blackcurrent, definitely no citric or lactic acid.

Just found out citric is only in the strawbebby and kiwi! so the peach and cherry and berry are good to go x

Bugger! Love the Sainsburys strawberry and kiwi sparkling water. Didn't realise they have changed ingredients. Had two glasses last night! Will need to check if I have new or old bottles when I get home :( x

can I just say that its not just the citric acid we need to watch , ribena plus contains real fruit juice which is not allowed , so really its a no no , although if you decide to try it thats a personal choice but it could effect losses x

did you check it handbagAnnie? are we able to drink these??

Well I've just bought 2 bottles of it, one for home and one for school, so I'm going to keep drinking it. There isn't a great deal in there anyway and I'm not sensitive to stuff when it comes to ketosis so should be fine.

Yeah I did a post the other day about sainsburys strawberry and kiwi water after I'd had 16 bottles delivered I saw they'd changed ingredients.

Does anyone know about dr pepper normal can as I just checked it when hubs was drinking it and it says phosphoric acid. Is that allowed then?

Yeah I did a post the other day about sainsburys strawberry and kiwi water after I'd had 16 bottles delivered I saw they'd changed ingredients.

Does anyone know about dr pepper normal can as I just checked it when hubs was drinking it and it says phosphoric acid. Is that allowed then?

normal dr pepper has sugar in , so high in cals and carbs

Back