Rice noodles

Tinkerbell2051

Hey im now half way through my first week and things have been going quite well.
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the syn value was for a packet of fresh rice noodles outa tesco? cant find it in any of my books or on the website...

Thanks!

Did you ever find out about your rice noodles?
I have the same question about plain rice noodles, except mine are dried. I've looked all over this site, googled like mad and I've even done the syns calc on the SW website but I'm thoroughly confused! It came up with 18 syns/serving! But so many people are saying that rice noodles are free. 0_0
I thought all plain dried noodles are free, until last night someone told me they weren't ALL free. So maybe this explains why I've had a tough time lately loosing weight on plan. I thought these were FREE so I eat them nearly everyday in a soup for lunch...eeek!
Can anyone else help please?
(100g 'Thai Gold' thai rice noodles:363kcals/7prot/86carbs/0fat)

did you select a free food, when inputting the rice noodles into the calculator?

As long as they are plain and dried, then they should be free.

fresh noodles or pasta however has syns, usually because there is oil etc added.

did you select a free food, when inputting the rice noodles into the calculator?

I tired to put it in as a free food allowance, but when I click on "pasta/noodles" it only gives options for egg noodles, savoury noodles or pasta. This is where I went into panic-stations thinking for weeks and weeks I've been eating these b/c I thought they were free!

So you think these are free? That would be good and bad news, cause I'd still have to figure out what's hindering me! Oh well!
Thanks! and Congrats on the bump!!!

Last edited:
Try posting a food diary in the food diary section, that way people can check it for you to make sure there is nowhere you are going wrong.

BritMumInCanada said:
Try posting a food diary in the food diary section, that way people can check it for you to make sure there is nowhere you are going wrong.

Sounds good...I might just do that. I'm obsessive and I already write everything down anyways!

Back