Rice pudding help please!

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
I bought some pudding rice but I dont have a decent non stick tray to do it in the oven and I dont have a slow cooker.

I do have a very heavy,decent stock pot.
Do you think I could cook the rice pudding slowly on the hob?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help! Im really lookinf forward to a bit of sw 'free' stodgy pudding lol!!!! x

Ive made it and its stunning! Going to have some for my pudding with a little cinimmon in it

xx

I make mine in the oven, but not on a non stick tray, just in a lasagne style dish. Does stick a bit but works pretty well.
I may try it on the hob though after these posts...

I used to make it in the oven in a ceramic dish but after reading some of the posts on here tried it on the hob. I have to say I prefer it on the hob and it is way quicker. I have had it for pudding yesterday and the day before it is so yummy!

Hi thelandlady,

There are quite a few different recipes on here. There is a search function at the top of the recipes forum that says search this forum, type in rice pudding and you should find a few ideas. The one I make is really done by eye but tends to be around 65g pudding rice in a saucepan with 150ml water and 100ml milk. Simmer until rice is nearly soft (around 15-20 mins usually for me). I then add the remaining of my HEXA milk (150ml) and leave for about 5 minutes until creamy and soft. Hope this helps.

Back