Rigby restarts

Thanks! :) I did enjoy it and I've been good the rest of the day so won't do any harm. I'll be sensible again tomorrow :)

C25K W6D2 is done :D That one was tough, not helped by the pouring rain. I'm soaked :rolleyes: I didn't give up though and that's the main thing :) 10mins running, 3mins walking, 10mins running. Another tough one coming up in the next couple of days too!

Running night tonight. Just done C25K W6D3 - twenty-five minutes of jogging with no breaks. So much easier than I expected it to be, I'm feeling very proud of myself and how far I've come with C25K :)

C25K week 6 is DONE :D

Good news and bad news today - the good news is that I've lost 1lb so I'm now down to 13st 1lb, the bad news is that it's a day off calorie counting because I've been at a jubilee party. I've not gone completely mad with eating things but I've had cakes and drinks that aren't zero-calories, but I've enjoyed it and it's back to being sensible tomorrow :)

Also, that -1lb means that I've officially lost 1 stone since I restarted my diet at the end of April :D

After the planned day-off yesterday for the jubilee I'm back to calorie counting and I've had a good day. Just been out for a run - it was less enjoyable than usual but only because I'd worn different trousers and they kept trying to fall down :D Tonight was C25K W7D1 - another twenty-five minutes of running without any walking/stopping. I'm shocked every time I do it, I really feel like I'm almost a 'runner' now :D

Oh, and 1.5" off my waist in the past week :) I've also lost 0.75" off each calf in the last four weeks :)

Stocked up on Innocent veg pots on my way home tonight - they're ~350 calories/pot and they will make excellent treats over the weekend. They're not cheap but they are less money than a takeaway would be and much healthier too! :)

Just been out and completed C25K W7D2 (another 25mins running). Very proud of this one because I usually run pretty much on the flat but I changed my route tonight and today's route had hills. It was a lot tougher but I did it :D

You are so so impressive! I can't run a bath, and here you are running all that way and with hills too!!

My legs are very wonky when I run and I'm so unfit I doubt I could manage 30 seconds! Rather than couch to 25k I could do with floor to 25k hehe

How long is the whole program? Are you enjoying the running or just the awesome feeling when you get back and have done it?

Kate x

You are so so impressive! I can't run a bath, and here you are running all that way and with hills too!!

My legs are very wonky when I run and I'm so unfit I doubt I could manage 30 seconds! Rather than couch to 25k I could do with floor to 25k hehe

How long is the whole program? Are you enjoying the running or just the awesome feeling when you get back and have done it?

Kate x

Thank you :D Couch to 5K is a nine week programme, although if you need to take a bit longer with it then you can do. It's three runs a week over the nine weeks - I started in the last week of April. The first week's runs are 60secs walking, then 90secs walking, all repeated eight times.

I'm really enjoying the running itself! I never thought I would, I always hated running when I was at school (C25K has really opened my eyes about how starting to run should be done, not just throwing teenagers in at the deep end, as seemed to be the case certainly back when I did PE!). It's such a good feeling though to think "I'm actually running, I can do this!" :) I can't recommend the programme highly enough!

C25K week 7 = done :D

I normally walk a bit on my non-running days anyway (I have a dog so it has to be done :)) but today I was on a course with work and had to park a distance from the place - mapped it and it worked out at just over three miles for the walk there and back, so that's some extra calories burned :)

W8D1 (28mins running) is done :D I'm having an ice-cream treat that I've been looking forward to all day in celebration :) (not going over my calorie allowance, of course ;))

In the past week I've lost 0.25" off each calf, 0.5" off the top of each arm and 1" off my waist :)

I need to run tonight, hoping it doesn't start raining again but expecting to get drenched! I've had a couple of exercise DVDs arrive today to try over the next few days too :)

Just done C25K W8D2 - another 28mins, this time on a route including hills again. I think I covered 2.35 miles (3.8km) - I know I did the 2 miles because I ran to the end of my road and back and I know how far that is, but then made up the extra by doing smaller laps and I've added those onto my distance :) This means that I'm running at about 4.7mph - slow, I know, but at the moment I'm more excited about the length of time I can keep running for :D

The hills were definitely easier tonight - the last couple of runs have been all on the flat and I struggled with the hills last time but I'm getting better at them already :)

Just finished week 8 of C25K :D

Well done! You'll be marathoning in no time!! X

I wish :D

Just done W9D1 - very tiring and the first ten minutes were tough but so worth it :)

Back