Total Solution Right. Let's finish this!

Hi all!

The history! I woke up one morning back in August 2012 thinking I probably should buy a set of scales as my clothes weren't fitting the way the always had, got on the scales and saw 202lbs flash up. I've always been in and around 10st 7 and to this day I do not know how I didn't notice 50+ lbs piling on, all in the space of one year. I cried for about 3 days and pulled myself together, started eating healthily and working out every single day.

After a few months I managed to get my weight down to around 11st 7 but had hit a plateau, no matter what I did at the gym or how well I ate my body had had enough, I stayed the same weight for around 4 weeks so decided I would give a food replacement diet a shot as I'd never done one before. With exante I managed to get down to 10st 6 in a matter of weeks after having lost nothing for so long, it felt incredible to watch the numbers on the scales go down, sometimes even 2 or 3 digits at a time! I felt great. My original goal was to just get down to 10st 7 which is what my weight tends to stay at if I just eat normally and don't work out, it's like a natural check-point for me and even with Exante it took me 2 whole weeks on TS to push past 10st 7 to 10st 6, to this day 10st 6 is the lightest I have ever been in my adult life.

I have a number in my head, the perfect number I would like to see flash up on the scales: 125lbs. 8st 9lbs. But I'd be happy with 130lbs :) I went on holiday a month back and managed to pile on almost a stone in 12 days! I have shifted some of the weight but now just need to finish this once and for all, I need to get down to as close to my goal weight as I can by Christmas this year so I can just live my life again. I started on Exante again last week but had a colossal slip up on Saturday night involving wine and ice cream. I'm really disappointed and angry with myself but have started again today. I thought I would start a diary as doing this alone has been pretty tough and I'm at a point now where I have to be 100% or I'll never get to the finish line. Hopefully one day I will be able to post my before and afters to inspire others as so many of you have inspired me throughout my journey.

DAY ONE, 30/09/13

Love x

Hi. You've done the right thing starting a diary. It helps keeping you on track as it is somewhere when you can reflect on your progress as well as account for yourself. It also helps to keep up with other people's diaries. You will see that nobody - not even those who have lost vast amounts - have done it without some transgressions. The main thing seems to be able to put minor - or major - blips behind you and keep going! I started on exante at the end of April and did pretty well until the end of July going down from 14st 2lb to 11st 13lb. However trips to Philadelphia and turkey over the Summer resulted in me going back up to 13 stone. This went down to 12st 10lb without really managing to diet. I've been struggling to get back on exante for the last couple of weeks since getting back and eventually managed to do 100% TS yesterday - probably because I'm laid up in bed with a sinus infection and leg pains! When I weighed myself this morning, I'd actually lost 1lb - not bad for one day! I'm definately going to try to keep on track and have set myself a mini goal of 28lb before Christmas (now 27lb!). It also helps to join any challenges going. Good luck with your weight loss journey. Will be following your diary with interest,
Cheers
Lynne

Thank you Lynne :) I normally put on weight when I'm ill, so that's lucky that you lost a pound in one day! I think I might set myself mini goals, I've always just worked towards the 'Big Goal' but now I'm closer than ever, it feels even further because I can't seem to stick to anything and just be good. Also even on TS I never ever had the big loss on week one, I think the first time I ever did Exante I lost 3.6lbs on my first week then it kind of averages out at about 2-3lbs per week. My body seems to hold on to its fat stores pretty well! Everyone always says "what's the point of not eating any food and only losing 2lbs a week"...well, even on a low carb diet where I'm eating proper food and working out I normally lose about 0.5-1lb a week if I'm lucky and be good 100% of the time. I can't wait until I get to my goal weight and can just maitain. Now on to set my mini goals! Good luck with your journey :) x

DAY 2, 01/10/2013
Highlights: Headache. Definitely not in keto yet, tired, fuzzy brain, feel like a zombie- Exante is doing its thing!:clap:

Okay...well, yesterday didn't go as planned! I had my breakfast shake in the morning then ended up being in back to back meetings at work until 4pm so didn't have time to have a lunch shake. I just left it and thought I would have 2 at home but by 6pm I was starving and ended up eating 3 chicken drumsticks - without skin! but still didn't have my other 2 shakes. So for the entire day I had my morning shake, 3 chicken drumsticks, 3 litres of water and a lot of black coffee in between...oh and a can of coke zero. Didn't even manage to get it right on day 1! Sigh. But at least I didn't binge, I under-ate if anything, so it could have been worse.

Today I've had a chocolate shake for breakfast and vanilla for lunch...seem to have a lot of strawberry shakes left so reluctantly will probably have to have one for dinner, strawberry used to be my favourite and now I hate it! Any ideas on how I could make the strawberry shake taste better will be very much appreciated!

x

I think you're doing really well! I really like the strawberry milk shakes - the chocolate ones are my least favorite and the vanilla ones are best!

Update!

I haven't been around for a little while. I'm doing okay, but I'm not on Total Solution any more. I recently joined my local gym and I have been going (or plan on going!) at least 5 times a week. I worked out that I burn around 700/800 calories in exercise alone on the days that I go to the gym so TS was a no no, I'm not even going to try to pretend that I will be able to have 3 shakes a day and work out to that same level without hurting myself. I now have a shake and a bar in the day time, then go to the gym and have a normal meal in the evening when I have done my workout. So far....not so good. I have put on 4lbs since I started the gym, I don't really feel or look any bigger really, so I'm not sure if it's water retention from the exercise...or maybe just the fact that I'm eating again. Feeling a little bit lost because I've been loving the work outs but the numbers going up scare me and it just makes me not want to eat. I remember the last time I joined a gym the same thing happened, I put on around 5lbs in the first 2 weeks and I ended up quitting and promising myself I'd never go again. Here I am now, 4lbs up and determined to ride it out, hopefully my body will settle and I will drop back down - or at least I hope so. Who would have thought it would be this difficult! :sigh:

Back