Right...so here goes!!!

Yet again, I'm dieting! A statement which seems somewhat familiar - maybe because I've announced it to the world enthusiastically and with gusto at least four times a year for the past 20 years! The problem is, I make this statement, and my will power subsequently goes into retreat after about a week and I console myself with a massive bag of malteasers. I lose a bit of weight and I put it back on again. I end up feeling the fool.

But this time, I am determined things will be different. You see, I was admitted to hospital in October, not feeling all that special and they found a mass in my pelvis...scary ****! I'm a nurse, so understand all the big and frightening words the doctors use...and whilst I should be concentrating all the stuff they are telling me in my pre-assessment, all I am thinking about is that they are going to have to weigh me, and my colleagues will know exactly what a fat cow I am and "Oh my God, people are going to see my tummy!!!". I guess it has taken this to put things into perspective.

Anyway, I've pulled myself out of my tizz and decided to kick my butt into shape. Life is far too short to keep making excuses and feeling ashamed about what I look like. My operation is on the 19th December and I would like to be 11st7lbs by then, and then after that I can set myself other weightloss goals. So on Tuesday (26/11/13) I started following the slimming world diet - the extra easy option mainly, and joined the gym.

I've been good with the diet so far, only having a square of dark chocolate to ward off the cravings, and have done a couple of sessions in the gym. Even did a spin class, although I did think I may cough up a lung!

So while I am not able to get to SW classes, I thought it would be good to put up my progress on here, glean tips from other users and enjoy the camaraderie of other dieters.

My starting weight is 12st 4.5lbs.

Wish me luck!!!:eek:

Hi Skinny Bean.. :D .. Welcome to the forum.
I think most of us on here can echo your words...Dieting Again!! .. but you have certainly come to the right place for support and advice etc.
Sorry that you are having that problem at the mo' and hope things turn out okay... in the meantime try not to be downhearted if you have a blip or two.. happens to the best of us.
All the very best to you on your journey.. :girlpower:

Onwards and Downwards!!

Thanks for the reply.

Well, today had been going relatively well. I had done another spin class this morning (my knees did not appreciate this!), and felt great afterwards. Really pleased with myself. However, was absolutely starving by the time I got home and felt that I could have eaten a scabby horse! Most of my lunch was syn-free, up until the point I shoved a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar in my gob!

The only redeeming factor was it was a small chocolate bar (instead of the normal share-between-friends-packet-but-actually-eat-it-all-yourself!!!) and a bag of quavers. Still, felt disappointed with myself, after all the hard work in the gym. Going to use this feeling to help prevent further slip-ups. And rather than think "sod it, I've already been bad today, so what the heck", I am back on the slimming world band wagon and am enjoying a Satsuma :D

Hi SB!

Welcome to the forum, I noticed you are from my neck of the woods(ish) and I've recently started SW too. There is a great sub forum here for SW with LOADS of recipes and tips etc. I find preparation is key to avoid situations like you had today. I have a couple of sweet & sour mugshots in my cupboard and when I come back REALLY hungry I will grab one, it's filling and tasty but free on EE (I usually add some sliced roast chicken too to bulk it up), I prep a tupperware full of fruit salad too and bananas/muller lights are great when you don't have loads of time!

Hey good luck with your diet I am now a gym addict and have actually been to 4 spin classes this week!! :D it's brill for making you sweat and work hard it will also counteracts your naughty days!! we are only human after all!! ;) Am the same height as you just been watching what I eat most of the time have lost 2 stone since August now am under where I said I wanted to be.. keep going to the gym hun the hardwork is deffinatly worth it!! :)

Back