Right, that's it! Time to stop fannying about!

Chubby chick 2023

Silver Member
In an effort to lose weight after baby number two i have jumped from diet to diet to binge. Although I am not weighing myself at home my clothes tell me I have not lost the baby weight. I still don't fit into my jeans and quite frankly I have been in complete denial- thanks to Lycra and complimentary friends. But a recent shopping trip has helped me to see that I am not the size 12 I want to be.... Nor am I the size 14 I thought I was! So it's off to join a SW class tonight. I am prepared to weigh in at my heaviest ever and just deal with that fact and get on with it!

I pledge to break the following SW habits:

Joining and then quitting after two weigh ins declaring I'm not paying a fiver to be told I'm only losing a pound a week. I'm a slow loser but I know if I don't stick to class I'll be a fast gainer. So- I will not quit.

Not going to weigh in when I've had a 'bad' week. Recipe for disaster and quittage!

Sticking to same easy to make food thinking 'I'll eat interesting things when I've lost weight'. Instead I'll try one new recipe each week.

These are my worst habits. I'm bored of making the same mistakes! Am nervous about tonight though- I hate weigh ins!!!!! Still- I've had my kids now, and if I stick to plan I never again have to weigh as heavy as I will tonight......

Back from group- ****** that hall was cold! And its a really big group so took ages. Anyway, weighing in at 12st 9. Hmmmm. Could be worse - could have been a lot better! So- interim target of 11 and a half set. Off we go!

Good luck!

thanks Bev :)

so SW Goals for today:

shop for food

cook an extra easy meal

kettlebell workout

complete at least one of the two application forms I have to do.(that one's not a slimming goal but the mistake I often make is to get obsessive about dieting then get bored of it all)

Good luck hatti! So true about the 'not going to group after a bad week' - if I don't go, one bad week turns in to two and so on and on and on...!

also- think I'll set a time frame for my first target. let's see..... 16 lbs at a rate of 1lb a week (I'm a slow loser) takes me to 13 May. two weeks off for good behaviour (hoping to lose more than a pound sometimes) end of April.

A good day- cooked the fish pie recipe in this months magazine- with a couple of tweaks (couldn't afford prawns so just bought fish pie mix). Was nice but way too much fish stock I found- so was a bit watery, next time won't use half as much. Was really pleased though that my three year old ate all his portion with added broccoli and beans.

Did a big shop stocking up on SW food. So weird. Because I've previously been doing (or trying to do) lo- carb I've been able to buy the cheaper cuts of meat at the supermarket, and forking out for extra lean mince was an eye opener! However have invested in a large slow-cooker today (previously only had a little one which was frustrating) so am looking forward to cooking up some stews etc- which takes the faff out of cooking loads if veg separately. (Sorry if I sound lazy, but with a three year old and a four month old am a big fan of anything remotely labour-saving!!)

Can't believe how lush rocky road are- would much rather have one of them with a cuppa than a bar of chocolate, and might get some as an alternative treat for my little one.

Have just done my kettlebell express workout, first workout I've done in well over a week and I really enjoyed it. Just notice there's a section on the DVD about drawing up a fitness schedule, so will have a look at that in a bit.

Going to watch embarrassing fat bodies in a bit- find it fascinating but I do feel a bit bad as clearly the only reason people appear on it is because channel 4 pay for their surgery- and it seems a bit hard to have to parade yourself naked to get such severe problems fixed. I love the happy endings tho! (On the programme- not in a dodgy massage way!).

A good day.

Watched obese: a year to save my life instead. Very moving and now blubbing like a baby

Hmmm. Not happy, came down this morning to find my 3 yr old had carried out a raid on the fridge- bang goes my laughing cow light blue cheese which I hadn't even TRIED yet :s.

Hmmm. Not happy, came down this morning to find my 3 yr old had carried out a raid on the fridge- bang goes my laughing cow light blue cheese which I hadn't even TRIED yet :s.

I've tried them and after eating the whole pack (not in one go though!) I still can't decide if I like them. My consultant said they are nice melted into cooked pasta but I haven't tried that. My sister has and absolutely hated it so not sure if I'll bother.

Yes I thought I could melt them into tagliatelle with some smoked salmon. That idea has now been scuppered! However I do have a lovely spag Bol bubbling away in my new slow-cooker- just need to check syns for red wine..... Not a proper bolognaise without it :)

Seems wrong to be using one of my baby's bottles to measure out red wine but I haven't got a small jug. Hope the health visitor doesn't drop by, she'll jump to her own conclusions as to why little one is a good sleeper!

Seems wrong to be using one of my baby's bottles to measure out red wine but I haven't got a small jug. Hope the health visitor doesn't drop by, she'll jump to her own conclusions as to why little one is a good sleeper!

Love it! :giggle:

So a good day food-wise and have done my kettlebell workout too *polishes halo.

Had a battle with myself earlier. Decided to weigh out spaghetti for my spag Bol (made in my brand new slow-cooker Doncha know) as I know I always pile about a kg on my plate so went with 100 grams dried- telling myself if I was still hungry afterwards I could always have more as its free. I always clear my plate regardless of amount- a real throwback to my binge eating days. I wolfed it down and my tummy was still rumbling but I felt bad about cooking another portion. In the end I settled on having a cup of tea, a yoghurt and a pink and white wafer and told myself if I was still hungry after that I could cook some more. I wasn't so that was fine, but I can't help wondering if it would have actually been healthier to have had another portion of nutritious bolognaise rather than fill up on empty calories. Almost a battle between the SW and the Weight watcher side of me. I somehow feel its not 'normal' to have huge portions of 'free' food- and more acceptable to have low calorie snacks. But I know that isn't the SW way. Anyway, enough angsting- all the more bolognaise for tomorrow :)

Ooh- have set myself another goal- have realised that though over the last 10 years I have joined SW six times (6!) I have only ever lasted a maximum of six weigh ins- and actually that was only the first time I joined- normally it's just two or three. What I really want is to keep going until it all becomes second nature- so my first goal is to reach weigh in 7. And as I've a weeks holiday booked in feb that'll be 8 weeks from now. I'd feel really pleased if I can change that habit.

Hi, just started reading your thread. Nice one one starting again and good luck!!

It'll take a while to adjust to the SW lifestyle, so far I've been doing it for just over a week and already have started to think differently about food. Still in LOVE with chocolate though, small steps ey?! It seems odd that you can eat LOADS of food and it's all good for you, but i managed to lose 4lbs in my first week and had loads of carbs etc, time to stop thinking that certain foods are bad for us I guess.

Anyhoo, best of luck and I'll be sure to keep track of your journey.

x Becca

After a lazy lie in with baby am going to do myself a cooked breakie. Two quorn sausages (2syns) with bacon, scrambled egg and beans. But how to get my super free in? Can grill a couple of tomatoes but can't think of anything else. Any suggestions?

After a lazy lie in with baby am going to do myself a cooked breakie. Two quorn sausages (2syns) with bacon, scrambled egg and beans. But how to get my super free in? Can grill a couple of tomatoes but can't think of anything else. Any suggestions?

I usually grill some mushrooms with my cooked breakfast. Or, if all else fails, just have some fruit afterwards.

Thanks Bev, I hate mushrooms so had two tomatoes and followed it up with a plum.

Was a real gut buster of a breakfast. Am trying so hard to mix my food up this time round. Previously on SW I always ended up eating the same thing. Chopped fruit and muller for breakfast. Batchelors pasta and sauce for lunch and spaghetti with quorn mince and sauce from a jar in the evening with maybe some weetabix as a snack. A ridiculously limited menu full of processed food considering SW encourages large amounts of fresh food.

How can it only be day 3?! The first week of a diet just lasts forever......

How can it only be day 3?! The first week of a diet just lasts forever......

So true, I felt like that my first week. I was itching to get on the scales to see if it had actually worked because I just couldn't believe how much I could eat. I lost 3lb first week - result! Last night I actually overheard my consultant telling some new members last for the first week or two they might feel like they're on a diet but that will only be until they get their head around the plan and realise how much you can actually eat while still losing weight.

Back