Right, that's it! Time to stop fannying about!

Put a pair of my jeans on today. They're too tight and muffin-top-arama despite being really Lycra-y and what I used to consider my "fat jeans" however am so bored of wearing leggings, boots and jumper/dress. Wearing too tight clothing (especially as I am house-bound today because of snow) means I don't forget that I need to lose weight. Whereas some people on this forum have people around them who are constantly making digs, or cruel remarks or even kindly but bluntly honest I have the opposite problem. My husband/friends/ inlaws etc are always telling me I'm fine/lovely as I am and because I'm tall I can get away with any extra weight. But I weigh two stone more than I did when I got married and I was a lovely size 12/14 then. Really healthy looking. Don't get me wrong in grateful those around me are so kind as it takes the pressure off- but it then means I need to add pressure to myself or I'd sit and eat pizza all day. So tight clothes are a good reminder for me.

Although my three year old has just said 'you look beautiful mummy' - some compliments I'll treasure and won't brush off!

Although he did just pull up my top, poke my squidgy muffin-top and say 'your bottoms out mummy'. *sigh* :)

Good luck with your weight loss journey. Yes i completely understand how you feel about the big portions, feels like its too good to be true. When i first started SW, i thought no way can you eat all that. But it's right, you cant to help but think portions are too big, i still do it now. Good luck again. & maybe your a slow weight loser bcoz you dont have that far to go. If you lose a pound then its weight off in my books. All the best. :)

Although he did just pull up my top, poke my squidgy muffin-top and say 'your bottoms out mummy'. *sigh* :)

Out of the mouth of babes ey? Haha. Well at least with your son you're getting some lovely compliments, alongside a dash of reality? Perfect mix right?

I'd say bodymagic is doing anything that you wouldnt usually do that's active, so yeah. Snowmen are body magic. Why not clear a path outside your front door? Kind to the neighbours sot hey wont slip when it freezes and it gets loads of muscle working you wouldnt usually use.

SNOW!!

Going for a walk with babes in a bit and hopefully will do kettlebell workout tonight for body magic . Just had a mammoth plate of poached eggs, beans, airfryed chips, leeks and broccoli . Those jeans are tighter than ever ha ha ! Re mammoth portions- wonder how many WW points

I know what you mean about tight clothes being a good reminder. My work trousers have started to get too big so I've already moved down to the next size (which is still one size bigger than I'd like to be). They're only a little bit tight but still a good reminder that I've still got some way to go.

I don't think I'll ever get my head around being able to have big portions. That doesn't mean I don't have them though!!

After a walk and play in snow we all headed home for hot chocolate, only I didn't have any so decided to walk on to shop to buy a tub of options- they didn't have any :( however something else caught my eye and I have just had a delicious snack of a banana, some coffee and a curly wurly- nom nom nom. Hoping they're still only 6 syns so I can enjoy a couple of gin and slims later on tonight. Over an hour walking (toddler speed) in the snow with an 18lb baby strapped to my front- god my shoulders are aching now- think she might be getting a bit big for it :(

Couldn't believe I was hungry again already- so I followed the advice- always have a drink to check if its hunger or thirst. And they're right- a few sips of G and T has taken my mind right off food :D hic......

Think one of my suspicions is syns- in the olden days we used to be advised to have around ten syns a day, so I used to aim for ten or under. Have had about 14 today so feel like I've gone over even though we can have up to 15.

What a boring post!

Watched obese: a year to save my life instead. Very moving and now blubbing like a baby

i watched them too and i cried on a few occasions xxx

Hi Hatti!

well done for starting SW! that is the first step! not staying to class does sometimes make you want to quit i complete agree with you there and i have also been there when you only go for a couple of weeks because your not loosing very quick!
been reading through your diary and you doing really well =] looking forward to reading more of your weight loss diary xxx

Thanks HLB. Thought for the day- my jeans fit me beautifully when they're left undone. Would it be easier to start a new fashion rather than bother with all this healthy eating malarkey?........

Thanks HLB. Thought for the day- my jeans fit me beautifully when they're left undone. Would it be easier to start a new fashion rather than bother with all this healthy eating malarkey?........

I'm liking your train of thought lolxxx

Weigh in tomorrow evening (snow permitting). Have been 100% all week and have done some exercise too so will try not to beat myself up about the result on the scales as I could not have done the plan any 'better' if that makes sense.

Pah- who am I kidding?! Prepare for massive stompy hissy fit if the scales are rude tomorrow :)

Weigh in tomorrow evening (snow permitting). Have been 100% all week and have done some exercise too so will try not to beat myself up about the result on the scales as I could not have done the plan any 'better' if that makes sense.

Pah- who am I kidding?! Prepare for massive stompy hissy fit if the scales are rude tomorrow :)

I'm sure you'll be fine, good luck!

Ahem. One pound off. Sigh stomp sulk. Tempted not to stay to meeting but think perhaps I ought to. Oh well- maybe next week that stone and a half will magically slide off :)

Ahem. One pound off. Sigh stomp sulk. Tempted not to stay to meeting but think perhaps I ought to. Oh well- maybe next week that stone and a half will magically slide off :)

We can but hope!! Remember, any loss is still a loss. Keep at it and things might be better next week.

Back