Right track?

ChicaConCurvas

Hi
I sort of started on monday but I'm totally new to Slimming World, can't do class for a couple of reasons and not at all convinced I'm doing it right. I'm doing EE (I think :p) but wondered if someone would look over what i've had to see if I'm on the right track please.....

Monday
B - oats so simple HEB Milk .75 HEA Tangerine
L - Dyno rod soup
D - Ham & mushroom omelette with s/w chips

Tuesday
B - weetabix x 2 HEB milk .5 HEA vanilla mullerlite
S - banana
L - ham with pack morrisons crispy salad & tomato
D - chicken potato & spinich curry (recipe said free on EE) and included tomatoes, onions & mushrooms

Today
B - Oats so simple HEB Milk .75 HEA Tangerine
L - curry as yesterday
T - Tuna salad

I've used the rest of my milk for coffee and have also been drinking green tea with lime which I think will be free

TIA

What on earth is Dyno Rod soup? (not sure if I dare ask!!)
Looks okay food wise, just make sure you are having a third superfree with each meal which, other than the omelette and chips, it looks like you are.
Are you hungry? If so, up the superfree snacks (ie fruit and veg)

I think Dyno Rod soup refers to a vegetable speed soup?!

Other than that, it looks fine, like jaylou has mentioned just make sure 1/3 of your meal is superfree.

I think I'd still be hungry eating that, but everyone's appetites are different.

Thanks for getting back to me! I've been 'researching' (putting off) for about 5/6 weeks now and DynoRod is what they call the 10 speed soup (?) on another forum and you're right you really don't want to know the reasons why! ;) I did have loads of mushrooms in the omelette and sort of hoped my soup would make up the rest of my third over the day! I'm not hungry at the moment but I'm sure that will kick in over the weekend when I'm going to miss my 'normal' beer and takeaway routine! :cry:

You can have your 1/3 superfree over the course of the day rather than at every meal time,

This I did not know. Is this a consultant's opinion hun? I've not seen it in any mag or book and looking through the weekly food plan in the mag they have it with each meal, even breakfast has a load of fruit thrown in!

I think it's best to try and have it with each meal if possible.

I don't go to group hun, so I don't have a consultant, but it seems to be quite well-accepted with a lot of people on here. Sorry, I shouldn't bandy it about as if gospel :eek::eek:

What I should have added was that if you were going to have your 1/3 superfree over the course of the day rather than with each meal, then you'd have to cut the meal sizes down by 1/3 to compensate. That's what I've been doing over the last 29 weeks anyway. I'm just muddling through really, lol! xx

Fair enough. I wouldn't suggest it to a newbie though, it really is best to do it at each meal and then snack on superfree.

It has worked for you though!

Yes, I would try having it with every meal, the only time I ever do the 1/3 in the whole day is if I really fancy something that can't really have 1/3 SF with the meal, but then I would usually have a bowl of fruit afterwards. It sounds strange, but my plate kind of feels naked now if there isn't 1/3 SF.

when i used to go to group, a few months back, my consultant said it was fine to include it throughout ur day as he knew that sumtimes it wasnt possible to have it with every meal, sumtimes if i dont have it with every meal il have sum fruit after or extra with another meal, altho i do try xx

Thanks for the comments everyone! I've been to asda tonight to stock up and the checkout operator asked me if I was doing Slimming World :p Looks like the mullerlites, shape zero, quark and extra lean mince gave me away! :D

I think it was the milk rather than the yoghurt the OP was taking as a HEA

Lesley - are you not using any of your syns? You should be using about 10 to 15 a day - no reason not to use them! :)

Hi - yes it was the milk that was the HEA
I haven't needed my syns to be honest but I also have in my mind that we're out a couple of nights at the weekend so I was saving them for vodka. ;). I don't really have a problem being good during the week but I am worried about the weekend so I've 'stored' my syns to cover that. My local Indian takeaway also does a chicken tikka starter that's just lumps of marinated chicken done on a skewer in a clay oven and served on salad - would that be free? I'm just planning in advance as we will walk past it on the way home on Friday and I can see what's going to happen.....

Hi Lesley - not so sure that any "outside" cooked would be free but if you are "saving" syns then go ahead with the Tikka - I have consistantly had carryout Chicken Tikka Main Course(No sauce) with some Pilau Rice plus Pompadom(sp) with salad or carryout chinese usually chow mein although I wouldn't have these close to weigh-in night (mines Wednesday)

Happy eating.

Using your syns IS being good. You say you have no problem being good in the week, but you need to use your syns to be properly on plan.
Will you use 70 syns (the weekly amount) on vodka over the weekend? That's an awful lot of vodka!!
Try to have 5 a day. They do help, especially long term and are as much a part of the plan as A's B's, free and superfree food.

Hi Lesley - not so sure that any "outside" cooked would be free but if you are "saving" syns then go ahead with the Tikka - I have consistantly had carryout Chicken Tikka Main Course(No sauce) with some Pilau Rice plus Pompadom(sp) with salad or carryout chinese usually chow mein although I wouldn't have these close to weigh-in night (mines Wednesday)

Happy eating.

Deg that's brilliant to hear and you've lost SO much! :) well done you - it helps when I can see that I don't have to change my life completely because that's why I've failed before! OH is already moaning about me saying I'm not having pizza on Sunday and we haven't even started the weekend yet! :cry:

Jaylou - By being good I mean not having beer and takeaways :p I'm not deliberately depriving myself of my syns I would have them if I'm hungry but I haven't been so thought I'd hang on to them! 70 syns is a lot of vodka isn't it :eek: I had it in my head that each one was 5 syns and I wanted to allow 12 for over the 3 nights of the weekend which I got to 60 syns - it only being 30 is a real bonus!
Anyway food today:

B- 2 weetabix milk & banana
L - Ham & pea soup with carrot & onion included & shape zero
D - Huge veg stir fry with chicken & soy sauce

So - if I'd have wanted bread or scanbran or something like that with my soup I'd have had to syn it? Is that right? Alternatively I have something other than cereal/porridge for breakfast and then I can use my HEB on bread/crackers? I WILL get my head round this! :p Oh and thanks again for the replies so far!

Back