Right, what are the first few days like?

Sunflowers

Wants to be a yummy mummy
I've met my cdc, I have 2 trays of chocolate tetras all lined up and ready to go and I start on Sunday!

What are the first few days like? It's been 2 years or so since I did it last time and I've honestly forgotten (which must mean it can't be too bad!) - any hints, reminders and tips would be hugely appreciated!

I don't drink tea or coffee and drink 2-3 litres of water a day anyway so that won't be a problem!

potential - sore head, tiredness, hungry, grouchy, weepy/mood swings

These are all potentials and vary from person to person. I have to say my husband was worse than I was. Personally I found the self doubt about day 2 was the worst, That feeling of "What the f** have I done? I must be mental, WW would be far easier" was a killer for me.But it did pass!

As always hang in there and it will get better/easier!

I had huge feelings too of OMG what have a done!
I also felt total fear of failure as to me this really was my last ever diet!
I felt excitement too.
Physically, I felt tired, had a pounding headache on day 3, But I never felt hungry even at the beginning, I think the thrill of the first days tied me over till Ketosis came in.
Good luck on your journey, It seemed i started yesterday but am on day 56 already.... amazing!
x

It's been 2 years since I was first on Cambridge and I am also re-starting on sunday, I remember crying A LOT! excitement on WI day, the mother and father of all headaches in the first week. My crying/moods lasted for the WHOLE duration of my CD experience (2.5 months) Hahaha! Good luck!!!! XX

My suggestion is to start reducing your carb intake NOW to try and ease into the diet and make the first few days a little easier. One thing to be aware of is that (generally) people find SS much harder after the first time. There is just something about the first time you ever do this diet that it is just "easier" somehow. Be prepared for it to be harder than you remember, but hold fast and go for it!

I remember it being a lot harder second time round too but you will cope if you are determined!! Good luck x

Thank you all, that's appreciated! I think as well when I did it first time, it was 12 weeks before I got married when I started the diet and my wedding dress was, at that point, still 4 inches too small.. So I had no choice but to do it really!! I do want to lose weight though, I've been at this weight since I gave birth and, now she's stopping breastfeeding, it's time for it to go!

Thank you guys for your advice, I have started cutting out sugars, getting used to sweetner, drinking more plain water, reducing food portions and reducing carbs so fingers crossed.

My determination comes from the fact that the first time I did it I thought I was the bees knees and Ive let myself slip back to square one, I'm even 1lb heavier than square one!

I have every faith in us re-starters,,, I WILL BE SLIM - OH YES!!!

Good luck Sunflowers and to you all!! X

I struggled for the first six days and wondered "what have I done?" constantly. Once I'd got over that I found it really easy, especially once I'd had my first weigh-in - it's true that nothing tastes as good as slim feels!! That's my mantra now. Good luck with your first week and don't forget to come on here for lots of support if you find it tough going. We all understand!

I'm just starting week 2 of my restart. Last week was tough, but I got through it, kept looking at myself in the mirror (had to force myself to do it) to see what I was doing it for. I also put a big pic of me on the pc desktop, so when I put the pc on, it was there staring back at me.

Something I did the first time was look at food and break it into it's components. I'd see bread and visualise carbs, fats and sugars, chocolate and see sugar, fat, calories. It helped to talk me out of eating any of it.

The restart has definitely been harder, I felt hungrier more, I had headaches all week, but it's definitely worth it when you get on the scales and see those losses.

Thank you Andrea, I hope you continue to do well with it - keep going!!

Back