Rissoles 3st to lose - 84 day challenge

Rissole76

Day 1 of 84...:eek: - Weight 86.1kg or 13st 7.8lbs or 189.8lbs.

So I thought if I break my diary down into daily targets, take it one day at a time then cross it off my calendar, then it will arrive before I know it!!
I want to lose 3stone or 42lbs, so if I get there before the 84 days then excellent, but if not, I am only doing 84days then I will go to refeed and lose the last bit by healthy eating.

I have never done anything like this before, but I am sick of being overweight! I can maintain quite well, I have been around my current weight for the last 7 years, but I need to be about 3 stone lighter. So I am determined to stick to this come hell or high water... This may sound terrible but I need to look at it as if I've been told by a doctor that I must lose this weight or else. Because just looking nicer or feeling nicer as a goal never seems to get me there. I just give up. Think I'm happy fat, think I will do it a healthier way by eating healthy and exercising,, I just never get there. But 84 days I CAN do!! One at a time, maybe less if I can stick to it 100% I mean in 8 weeks or 56 days, I could be 30 odd pounds lighter, maybe I will be happy at that weight?

So anyway enough rambling,, here is what I had today -

Breakfast-Porridge (worse than I thought, tasted floury and not cooked enough, but edible)
Lunch-Spagetti (better than I thought, quite spicy, very small amount, about half a mug, but filled a gap)
Snack - Caramel shake (not sweet enough, but again filled a gap)
Dinner- 100g chicken breast roasted with 200g brocolli and courgette (fine)
Water - over 2.5 litres so far

I am glad I have chosen to do the 3 packs with a normal protein and veg meal for dinner, I was quite hungry and looking forward to the real meal and it was filling after having had the packs through the day. I feel quite headachy but I had a headache yesterday before I started so don't think its related to the diet (yet). Feel quite tired though, again this could be first day back at work etc after Easter though.

So thats 1 day under my belt,, woop woop!! 83 to go!!! :D

:wavey:

Very similar stats to me - I'm 5ft 7 and a mere 0.3lb lighter lol

Only started today so will be good to read your posts - funnily enough I had a headache yesterday too...

Time to shift the weight I put on after giving up smoking (not that I should blame it all on that - but I do).

Roll on Saturday!

CC

Day 2 of 84...:eek: - Weight 84.9kg or 13st 5.1lbs or 187.1lbs.

So today I have had a headache pretty much all day, so been popping paracetamol to keep on top of it. The breakfast was loads better, I had the oatmeal instead of the porridge and quite enjoyed it. Lunch was quite tasty too. I still looked forward till dinner and am so glad its an actual meal.

So here is todays food -
Breakfast-Oatmeal (really tasty)
Lunch-Mushroom pasta (quite tasty, filled a gap)
Snack - Vanilla cereal shake (liked the crunchy bits but kind of made if difficult to drink)
Dinner- 100g chicken breast roasted with 200g brocolli and green beans(fine)

So that's 2 days under my belt,, woop woop!! 82 to go!!! :D (nearly in the 70 days bracket))

Welcome to s&s and good luck on your journey, stick at its well worth it :) xx

Day 1 of 84...:eek: - Weight 86.1kg or 13st 7.8lbs or 189.8lbs.

So I thought if I break my diary down into daily targets, take it one day at a time then cross it off my calendar, then it will arrive before I know it!!
I want to lose 3stone or 42lbs, so if I get there before the 84 days then excellent, but if not, I am only doing 84days then I will go to refeed and lose the last bit by healthy eating.

I have never done anything like this before, but I am sick of being overweight! I can maintain quite well, I have been around my current weight for the last 7 years, but I need to be about 3 stone lighter. So I am determined to stick to this come hell or high water... This may sound terrible but I need to look at it as if I've been told by a doctor that I must lose this weight or else. Because just looking nicer or feeling nicer as a goal never seems to get me there. I just give up. Think I'm happy fat, think I will do it a healthier way by eating healthy and exercising,, I just never get there. But 84 days I CAN do!! One at a time, maybe less if I can stick to it 100% I mean in 8 weeks or 56 days, I could be 30 odd pounds lighter, maybe I will be happy at that weight?

So anyway enough rambling,, here is what I had today -

Breakfast-Porridge (worse than I thought, tasted floury and not cooked enough, but edible)
Lunch-Spagetti (better than I thought, quite spicy, very small amount, about half a mug, but filled a gap)
Snack - Caramel shake (not sweet enough, but again filled a gap)
Dinner- 100g chicken breast roasted with 200g brocolli and courgette (fine)

I am glad I have chosen to do the 3 packs with a normal protein and veg meal for dinner, I was quite hungry and looking forward to the real meal and it was filling after having had the packs through the day. I feel quite headachy but I had a headache yesterday before I started so don't think its related to the diet (yet). Feel quite tired though, again this could be first day back at work etc after Easter though.

So thats 1 day under my belt,, woop woop!! 83 to go!!! :D

So far so good eh? Keep it up hun :D
Also, tell me about Fitbit, I'm intrigued!!! ;)

Jackie xx

welcome!! we will be running this at a similar time.... good luck!! ive done VLCD before, the headaches do shift... usually its partley caffeine withdrawals too xxx

i'm on day 3 and feel shattered! have tell tale yucky taste in mouth so will be hoping ketosis kicks in soonish :) sounds like it has kicked in for you though! well done

Day 3 of 84...:) - Weight 83.9kg or 13st 3lbs or 185lbs. Not Obese anymore!!! only overweight!! Woop woop!! (thats 5lbs lost since starting Mon :eek:)So felt loads better today, headaches gone, no need for paracetamol. Still felt a bit light headed and hungry today, but not famished or anything. Keeping my water intake up, so Im using the loo alot :eek:. If I can lose another 5lbs, I will be down to my lowest weight in the last 7 years, so thats exciting, then from there its new territory. The last low weight I can remember, was being at school and being upset that I was no longer 9stone something, I was in the 10's (if only!!) After that my weight just kept creeping up to my pre-baby weight of about 12 stone 7. So anything under that is super exciting!! Im aiming for 10st 7lbs, but I will see how I feel at each half stone milestone, maybe Ill be happy at 11stone, so lets get there and see!!

So here is todays food -
Lunch-Cottage pie (bleughhh, really not my cup of tea)
Snack - Vanilla cereal shake (made it hot with one tsp of coffee, ok, think I preferred it cold)

So that's 3 days under my belt,, woop woop!! 81 to go!!! :D (nearly in the 70 days bracket))

Day 3 of 84...:) - Weight 83.9kg or 13st 3lbs or 185lbs. Not Obese anymore!!! only overweight!! Woop woop!! (thats 5lbs lost since starting Mon :eek:)So felt loads better today, headaches gone, no need for paracetamol. Still felt a bit light headed and hungry today, but not famished or anything. Keeping my water intake up, so Im using the loo alot :eek:. If I can lose another 5lbs, I will be down to my lowest weight in the last 7 years, so thats exciting, then from there its new territory. The last low weight I can remember, was being at school and being upset that I was no longer 9stone something, I was in the 10's (if only!!) After that my weight just kept creeping up to my pre-baby weight of about 12 stone 7. So anything under that is super exciting!! Im aiming for 10st 7lbs, but I will see how I feel at each half stone milestone, maybe Ill be happy at 11stone, so lets get there and see!!

So here is todays food -
Lunch-Cottage pie (bleughhh, really not my cup of tea)
Snack - Vanilla cereal shake (made it hot with one tsp of coffee, ok, think I preferred it cold)

So that's 3 days under my belt,, woop woop!! 81 to go!!! :D (nearly in the 70 days bracket))

I want to me overweight!!!!! *Pouts*

Lol.....

X

Day 4 of 84...:) - Weight 83.2kg or 13st 1.6lbs or 183.6lbs. Not Obese anymore!!! only overweight!! Woop woop!! (thats 6lbs lost since starting Mon :eek:)

Didnt get round till typing this till Friday, but was a good day, loved the dinner, still light headed, but all in all good day!

So here is todays food -
Breakfast-Porridge (really disgusting)
Lunch-Mushroom pasta with 100g chicken & 100g mushies mixed in (lush!)
Dinner- Chilli con carne with 100g brocolli and green beans(fine)

So that's 4 days under my belt,, woop woop!! 80 to go!!! :D (nearly in the 70 days bracket))

Day 5 of 84...:) - Weight 83kg or 13st 1lbs or 183lbs. Not Obese anymore!!! only overweight!! Woop woop!! (thats 6.8lbs lost since starting Mon :eek:)

Felt really good today, woke up with no headaches or lightheadedness, didnt even feel hungry when I woke up, whereas the previous mornings felt like I needed food quickly! Only problem today I went out expecting to be back home for lunch but didnt make it and desperately needed food (was feeling woozy) So I did what I though best and had 100g of a cooked sausage, higher in cals than I would have liked but minimal carbs, so hopefully not too much damage. Tomorrow will be the same, we have guest, so I will have my protein and veg when they eat, but cant really take the shake out with me (dont want them to know what diet Im doing, cause I know they will give me earache, so may take some meat to snack on?)

So here is todays food -
Lunch-Meat sausage 100g (had to pick something quickly as I was unprepared)
Dinner- Spicy spaghetti with 200g brocolli and green beans(really yummy!!)

So that's 5 days under my belt,, woop woop!! 79 to go!!! :D ( in the 70's days bracket!!!))

Last edited:
Rissole76 said:
Day 5 of 84...:) - Weight 83kg or 13st 1lbs or 183lbs. Not Obese anymore!!! only overweight!! Woop woop!! (thats 6.8lbs lost since starting Mon :eek:)

So that's 5 days under my belt,, woop woop!! 79 to go!!! :D ( in the 70's days bracket!!!))

well done xx

Day 6 of 84...:) - Weight 82.8kg or 13st 0.6lbs or 182.6lbs. (thats 7.2lbs lost since starting Mon :eek:)

So proud of myself today, we had 11 people round visiting, and I cooked big homemade angus steak and a chicken pie, with mash & veg, followed by apple pie and icecream, then later on in the day, two huge pan pizzas (bbq chicken, and feta and olives), with booze, and I stuck to plan!!! I had some of the brocoli and some chicken, then a shake in the car on the way to our outing, then after everyone went home I had the chilli with some brocoli!! No one even realised I had different as I was in the kitchen getting everything ready and said I had eaten, but then ate the last of the brocoli in front of everyone. I really wasnt hungry, yes the food smelt good, but I just wasnt bothered, and the scales going down is motivating for me, the quicker I can get to goal the better. I truly love this plan so far, I wouldnt want to be doing it forever but I am enjoying doing it at the moment to get to goal and look forward to getting to the maintaining,,yippee!!

So here is todays food -
Breakfast-Oatmeal (lush)
Lunch-Chicken & brocolli
Snack - Cafe latte shake (didn't really like this one)
Dinner- Chilli with 200g brocolli (really yummy!!)

So that's 6 days under my belt,, woop woop!! 78 to go!!! :D ( in the 70's days bracket!!!))

Day 7 of 84...:) - Weight 82.2kg or 12st 13.2lbs or 181.2lbs. (thats 8.6lbs lost since starting Mon :eek:)

Another good day, feeling lighter, jeans feel looser, cant wait for tomorrows weigh in to see official first week loss. After tomorrows weigh in I am only going to weigh in weekly, as I know it will slow down and dont want to be a slave to the numbers!! Hubby says I look slimmer too!!

So here is todays food -
Breakfast-Porridge - added some sweetner, tasted slightly better.
Lunch-Meat sausage 100g (had to pick something quickly as I was unprepared)
Dinner- Not sure yet
Snack - Vanilla caramel shake - yummy

So that's 7 days under my belt,, woop woop!! 77 to go!!! :D ( in the 70's days bracket!!!))

Back