River's LL Diary

Hi guys and thank you :), Im feeling bit better now looking at it. I wouldnt loose that much on anything else and my weigh in day should be tomorrow technically as i started last wednesday. So maybe ill ask to be weighed on wednesday in future as im seeing my LLC on Saturday.

Yeh i stopped drinking around 1pm except for a few sips and my weigh in was at 5pm. I thought i was to be honest the last two days i was just 100ml or so from the full 2 litres ive been drinking and ive been exercising every day or so.

Im not that active, i dont have a job or anything and i was thinking maybe 30 minutes a day on the wii fit at the moment isnt going to cut it and i need to do more.

Oh also i did go loo :eek:.. Thank you both :)

Well its my true weigh in day and ive lost 9 1/2 lbs ! so im more than happy now :). Gonna try not be so hard on myself as im going to be on this for a long time, i dont want to beat myself up everytime. A loss is a loss and anythings good at this point as my weights not budged for 5 months !

Well its my true weigh in day and ive lost 9 1/2 lbs ! so im more than happy now :). Gonna try not be so hard on myself as im going to be on this for a long time, i dont want to beat myself up everytime. A loss is a loss and anythings good at this point as my weights not budged for 5 months !

9 1/2 ibs is an amazing loss!! Well done you :) Sounds like you have the right attitude, no point beating yourself up every week. Just take it day by day and stay determined and you'll get there!
xxx

Glad to see you sounding happier River. I don't want to be the one to discourage anyone from exercise - however, AJB has found out recently that if she exercises moderately while doing LL it slows down her losses. Pete used to find the same thing too.
Our body knows it's only getting limited calories on this programme and if you start using them up in exercising it sometimes seems to go into panic mode and slow down your losing weight.
Strange I know, just something to be aware of.
Everyone is different.

Thanks hanmac huni :).
Seriously slendablenda? oh dear ive been going great guns because i thought that was why ! Only today i did more than i should, I think i might slow down and see at my weigh in.

I did i must admit aswell exercise every day last week more than i normally do, thanks for letting me know :).

Wow - what a great diary!! I started off where you are now (except I was 279lbs when I started). I have mucked about a bit over the past year and have put on about 2.5 stone of the 8 stone l lost.

I am staring again for my wedding in may (a beach wedding in the Antigua). So we can help each other.

Keep up the diary!!

Oh thank you melarnz :) Would be great too, yes! Wow 8 stone? thats awesome work, can only hope that i loose that amount but good on you for coming back :).
Well mines supposed to be september 2011 hehe ! but i dont think ill loose 8 stone before then.. and if i do itll be a mega rush. Oh Antigua, how lovely ! mine will be in Wales lol so ill be lucky if i get a ray of sun hehe.

Struggling at the moment to keep this updated as its been a bit harder this week.

So this week my gp who denied me for LL thinks LL is the problem for my menorrhagia.. dont know how that works ? Ive had menorrhagia for 2 years and ive been on LL for 2 weeks. Im having blood tests so im hoping she doesnt kick up a fuss and try to make me stop LL.

We had guests this week and ive been thinking and dreaming about the "F" word as its been everywhere. I had to cook twice too and although i thought it would be easy it certainly wasnt, but i did it without cheating and i stayed at home when they went out for food even though they pressured me to "treat myself". It just narked me off a little when they brought a take away back to the house when my OH has been trying so hard not to cook around me.

Its made me quite emotional, so i just need the counciling now and hopefully it starts in the next 2 weeks as im only having weighins currently.

Im so determined not to give up on this now and i just cant believe how much food can take over your life especially now im seeing this through a different light.
I think i just need to prove to myself, that everything that happens, i dont need food to feel better because it doesnt fix my problems.. if anything it makes them worse.

Thanks for all your messages so far everybody :) youve all given me hope and that boost to keep going. x

River, I think you're doing really well. 8lbs is over half a stone! Fantastic. I'd be over the moon if I lost that! I'm just hoping that I will lose something, anything!

Thank you lovely :) Im just very hard on myself and have a tendancy to compare myself with others which isnt really good :eek:.

Im sure you will, top tip here seems to be stick to it with no little mishaps and youll loose it (which seems really obvious i know). Have you started yet ? x

Hi River,
Stick with it. Sounds like you are stronger than you think.
Isn't it strange when people think they are being nice to us when they encourage us to have a "treat" or torment us with things like take-aways. I'm never sure whether they think they are being nice or just tormenting us.
Sometimes it works if you just say something like, "if you are really my friend and want to help me please support me in doing this because it;'s really important to me. I want to give it my best shot."
When they realise you really are serious most people want to be
helpful. If not - do you really need them as friends?

Thanks Slendablenda :) and yes well said! Im too afraid of offending people (its how i got to this weight i guess :(!) but i did say several times "no, diet means alot to me" and then i got asked again and had to get my partner to back me up. It just kinda made me feel like they thought oh well a treats nothing shell fail anyway so itll do no harm! My OH thought it was well intended but after the 7th time of saying and talking about the food is it really? They wont be staying again anyway until ive finished LL :p.

Think ill sum up the courage next time it happens and take your advice ! x

Well done river!! If u stick with ll you could easily lose 8 stone by next year (if u wanted to). I lost it in about 6 months.

I had some awkard friends whilst in this. My so called best friend told me (as I was fast approaching being thinner than her) that she had better lose some weight, cos I couldn't he skinnier than her. She said I was her buffer and felt
comfortable going out with me as she knew she wasn't going to be the fattest one there as I was going!! Nice hey!
Needless to say, I did get skinnier than her. We then stopped going out. She has put on loads and we are about
the same size now. However, I use her as a motivation also to say 'stick it up you a**s - I'll give u buffer' lol

use these times as inspiration to 'stick it to the man' and feel smug in the knowledge that most people wouldn't have the strength to do what your doing!!

Thats terrible melarnz! If people are going to be like that then you really dont need them. Im quite lucky so far i think.. my close friends have been quite supportive, its just the family members who have been a bit nasty and its suprised me.

Thats fab, well done loosing 8 stone! I really cant imagine loosing that in 6 months for me, was that including foundation ? because ive told people that i think its going to take me 10 months or more. Yeh i mean idealy id like to go to 9st 5 so a little bit more to loose as im worried ill gain some on rtm.

Really inspiring diary :) You are meant to lose around a stone a month so you should realistically expect to lost 6 stone in 6 months or more :rolleyes:

Hi Jennifer and thank you :) Yeh i figured as much but its just i cant really see me doing it if you know what i mean ! Been battling for so long and it normally takes me a month or more to get 8 pounds off! x

Going for my weigh in today ! Hopefully ive lost atleast 4lbs, think id be happy with that! Havent overdone the exercise this week just been walking which im quite enjoying so i think ill walk to my weigh in instead of being my usual lazy self and getting a taxi... Im truely amazed at how i feel, im just so full of energy and have been the happiest i have in a long time :). Cross fingers and wish me luck !

Thanks hun :) Starting to get nervous now ! and its at 5pm, god help me gonna drive me nuts..

Back