River's LL Diary

good luck river x

Good luck River, fingers crossed.
Nutty x

Drum roll please.. Weee lost 4lbs ! soo happy :bliss:! Thanks everyone and as of now im bining my scales, it just isnt good to be weighing every five minutes !

Thanks lovely :)

Well done River!! thats a great amount.X

yipee :) well done river x

Well done River,
Good decision about the scales. I think we can become slaves to them.
Love your Avatar pic -is it a Phoenix rising?

You have been through so much already you poor thing. Im ten days in to lighter life and i havent done it before but lost four stones three years ago with rosemary connelly (yes I became obsessed with exercise), since then had a baby and put on two stones more since he was born. It s so hard when you have a weight problem and you love food. I found the first three days very hard but since then I have got used to it except for the bittersweet taste in my mouth and always being thirsty!! Hope you get your form signed and good luck. I lost eight pounds in first five days, my next weigh in is tomorrow x x x x

Wow, well done Sarah - FAB start.
:happy096::welcome:

Thanks everyone so greatfull of your support :)

Yes it is Slendablenda :) New beginings now and i thought it was quite apt hehe !

Ah thank you Sarahsquires and well done loosing 8lbs and your previous 4 stone too! Im sure youll do it again no problem.
It is quite difficult to start but i think if you want something so badly its nothing really compared to being comfortable in your own skin again.

Last edited:
Day 15 and ive been wedding planning (yeh im insane). Ive yet to book anything as im slightly afraid i wont loose 7 and a half stone before June next year.. am i being unrealistic? I just cant see it anyway, so i dont want to put down deposits just incase, maybe ill wait till January.

This probably sounds completely stupid but im just finding my days so much better at the moment, i guess its different for everyone but ive suffered from depression all my life and ive just never felt better i seem to actually want to get up in the morning. Sorry if i repeat this i just havent been this happy in a long time, i just hope it stays this way :).

Funny how people are willing to say things about you behind your back to other people but when you come face to face theyre nice as pie, i just never got that.. whats wrong with being honest?

Starting to find my favorite packs, adore the porridge and have a thing for the chili even though to me it looks like cat food :(. Last night i made a muffin thing from the recipe thread on the forums but i dont know if id do it again kinda like my even treat hot choccy!

Im trying my best to avoid the scales and have weighed myself only once so i guess thats better than once a day.

Nearly had a slight accident tonight blending my hot choccy! Thank god i didnt loose a finger but ended up with a hot chocolate full of kitchen roll. God knows what i was thinking haha my minds been slightly forgetful lately.

Nervous for my weigh in on tuesday, im just worried im not loosing an awful lot because i cant drink that much water. I can only manage 2.5 ish litres a day, i try to aim for 3 but i just cant manage it and i dont want to be gulping it down. Someone told me they drink 4 litres and its slightly worried me a bit because she also said i wasnt drinking enough.

On a postive not atleast ill get my counselling on tuesday and can hopefully make some friends as i hardly know anyone here :(.

Thought id add this quickly as im a bit weirded out. Ive put this in the LL symptoms thread but has anyone whilst on the diet experienced pins and needles in hands and feet ? Tonight whilst standing on my tip toes to reach something i got massive cramp in my foot which turned into pins and needles when i put my foot down.
Also might be a bit too much info :eek: haha but when i was in the shower shaving my legs, i got the same cramp then pins and needles, when i tried to get up it traveled from my foot and up my leg to the base of my back like an electric shock (but a numb feeling). Soon as i move about it goes but ive never experienced this before.

Hi Lucy,
You do know us on here. It just takes a little while to "feel" part of it, but everyone is so supportive and welcoming.
It was BL who told me about Minimins - and I've never been away for long. You can usually find someone who understands how you're feeling.
The support in your groupp should really be helpful too. It was very important when I was on abstinence and luckily we had an excellent LLC too. I still go almost every week to the Maintainers group which is free.
Regarding the pins and needles. I haven't experienced that myself.
LL has medical advice, you can phone them up or send them an e-mail.
Doing a VLCD definitely does has an effect on your metabolism/circulation. e.g. coldness in fingers and toes.
When I was about half way through my weight loss I used to get light headed and dizzy occasionally if I had forgotten to drink enough water and then towards the end I used to lose my balance or stumble slightly occasionally. The reason for that was that my centre of gravity had changed dramatically and it took a while to adjust to being half the woman I used to be.
Don't get anxious about the pins and needles. Ask your LLC, she may have come across it before.
About the 7stone by next year for your wedding. It is easily achievavle on this programme and what better motivation could you have?
Good luck. xx

Lucy id get that checked out, would definitely be asking LLC x

Hi guys and thank you, as all your replies always give me that boost to keep going :).

It is a great forum Slenda, ive found it very helpful and everyones so lovely and full of great advice :) but yes it does take a while to sort of settle and feel part of the forum.
I just cant wait now for the group,i mean i just need it for the emotional hunger pangs i get when i see everyone else eating or im feeling low, it would just be nice to hear how i can tackle that and get everything out of my system.

Deffinatly going to mention it to LLC and im gonna give the helpline a ring too. I was thinking maybe it might be sciatica but then im getting it in my hands so who knows.

Feeling tired lately and not so chirpy as last week! but my sleeping pattern has gone out the window (mainly because i gave up the battle today and slept through till 2pm :(), early night tonight i guess.

Weigh in tomorrow and im excited to see what ive lost now ! 2 or 3lbs would be nice as that means ive reached my stone mark! but anythings good.

Its my birthday on Sunday, ill be at home with the OH so i know i can stick to the packs for it. My only problem is from the 6th till the 10th im down my parents and my sister and friends are keen to do something for me.. I just dont know what to suggest. Might try get them to settle for a night in with sparkling water :(.

Back