River's LL Diary

Well done Lucy you have done so well.I bet your grinning from ear to ear.
Good Luck with RTM
Cathy

Good luck hunny, I will be watching to see how you find it, so please keep us updated I am going onto it really soon now xxx

Thank you so much everyone, i dont know what id of done if i didnt have you and other lovely ladies on this forum to help me when i needed help or just to let everything out and have a listener. So thank you for all your support and help, it means the world to me it really does :hug99:.

Forgot to say earlier i had a kind of compliment lol. My other half is away on business and i got a cab (hadnt used this company since last year) but anyway he got me to my front door and said "Oh you live here do you i drop another woman off here.." and im like "Oh well only me here weve been here for 3 years" and hes like "No no, was it your mum?" and i nearly laughed and said then "No it was me ive lost over 8 stone" and he looked at me like i was insane lol and kept going "Oh my god well done thats amazing you look great well done!".
Well i got in and i couldnt stop giggling.. i dont know if i take it as a compliment looking like my mum back then though despite her looking fab as always lol its just a bit weird lol.

Sweet dreams everyone :) xxx

Aw that's fab, how proud you must have felt and so you should! We all need those kinds of compliments xx

Exciting times lovely girl. Exciting times x

Had an emergency with my kitty as she had a bit of an accident and wow i thought id crash earlier but held it together but i just felt so terrible (there goes my crooked thinking) and thought.. i need milk in my damn tea and ended up having a mini rant at myself that i couldnt have milk because it was only semi skimmed not skimmed and to stop being an idiot! Yes im slightly insane i think.. but all the same sticking to plan and denying these comforts :) but the stress nearly pushed me.

Ive been trying to stick to a sort of meal plan.. i was never good at eating on time and eating breakfast so before i actually started RTM id eat at the same time everyday and its turning out to be good. I actually look forward to my toffee bar and cup of tea in the morning and then my vanilla coffee before 9pm as my "bed drink".
So i bought a huge monthly planner from staples and ive written down what i plan to eat each day and by the side of the weeks the basics of what im allowed and stuck it in my kitchen to remind myself and so far its coming in handy. Ive planned salmon for tonight and then taste chicken salad for tomorrow and friday then tuna salad for saturday and so on. I think its the best thing ive ever done as i feel more in control and can calculate my calorie intake then for each meal each day :).

Im now currently go relax as ive never been so panicked in my life lol, my babies ok bless her shes a ragdoll so shes chilled in her nature but i feel like crud for a better word lol. x

Thanks sweety :) I have to say i do feel alot better and im not nodding off sitting up anymore lol. My parents are visiting us for a change! and my mum said straight away i look alot less pale and tired, so im glad :).

Well day 4 today and ive had chicken marinaded in my own spice mix and spinach/celery but im finding out what i can and cant eat without my gallbladder and chinese 5 spice is deffinatly one of the things. I currently have baaad tummy pain and indigestion but everythings learning curve now i guess and also alot easier as i can learn what sets me off at the same time.

Im not sure wether im still in ketosis but i dont feel the hunger pang at all and i feel so full after my meal i could barely eat my last pack tonight. Also drinking water as i eat just totally fills me so ive started doing it with packs too just to get the "satisfied" feeling incase i do get hungry.

I have a slight question if anyone can help, how much milk should i be drinking? I drink alot of tea and coffee through out the day with my 2 litres of water and ive filled a small jug with the LL lite recommended daily amount but im worried this is wrong as im adjusting to eating like a "normal" person now and i cant measure my milk forever like this. Any advice is great anyway :) x

No idea about the milk, glad to hear you are managing well with the next phase xx

Thanks clara :) losses are looking fab chick :D!

I actually found it in the book (thought id seen it somewhere) and yeh its recommended to not exceed half a pint a day apparently think i went over slighty though by 10/15ml :(.

I was glancing at next week and week 3 and started having a mini panic attack about all this new food and going to two packs. I like to plan ahead but i wish i hadnt looked! I just feel really sick now at the prospect of having snacks back and as much jelly as i want.. do i have to eat them and what if i make them and eat them when i dont need to? Soo much feels going on right now and im petrified lol! I think im going to stop reading ahead until i get to the actual weeks to ease myself into it as i just worried so much last night about eating fruit, what second meals to have and the snacks i couldnt sleep.

One step at a time. One challenge at a time. One day at a time. Don't go borrowing worries that may or may not lie ahead of you. The things that floor us are usually the ones we are unable to plan for. xx

Thanks huni, i really like that, think ill stick it up on my wall to remind myself if you dont mind hehe :) xx

Excellent advice from Clara. I think I'll borrow it too.
Don't stress Lucy. I know you'll be fine. A few grammes or millilitres of something isn't going to make a difference. As my LLC says -
It wasn't the protein that got us here!"
It is scary when you start to introduce food. You get so used to not eating and you get paranoid that anything that passes your lips will put you back to square1. I think we all feel like that at first.
You don't have to have the jelly at all if you don't want to, but I found it a Godsend at the start. If I did get the munchies it was always there in the fridge. I like the sugar free raspberry best with a bit of fruit and fat free natural yogurt. Yum. xx
Good luck hun. xx

That cabbie's words must have made you feel amazing and made you realise that you LOOK amazing, too! Well done and stay focussed through RTM - it's the key to keeping it off for good. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hehe that is very true SB! I have eased off the milk slightly.. i bought some twinings sugar free fruit tea, its the moment of calm selection and they are so lovely (and 3 boxes for £2.50 in tesco, bargain!!). I was wondering though if i could make ice tea out of them? havent tried yet as i wasnt sure if that was allowed.
Yes i bought some raspberry sugar free! I think im frightened because im not hungry at the moment and i might be still in ketosis (because i still have bad breath). Its just a worry ill eat them when im bored or just pick. So im planning to make one or two to start off to "test the waters" as it might be more difficult come week 3 when i go to 2 packs a day.

Aw thank you Karamac :) hehe, i find taking compliments difficult :eek: but i guess i better get used to it! P.s Wow wow on your first week loss and the rest!! Thats amazing hun! x

Mini update! - Its funny all the years ive cooked and ive never really bothered with marinades but its the new way for me now! Its just amazing how lovely things can taste when you make up your own spice mixes, ive always turned to jars never thinking i could create a tasty meal myself without jars of sauces. I actually dont think ill use a jar again myself because its just so damn easy to make and i love the fact i know whats going in and that im in control.

I tried a worchester sauce, ground ginger and powdered garlic last night on some chicken and it was delicious! Just truely amazing how good food tastes now, its like ive got new taste buds hehe!

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day as its very warm and sunny here so im off to sunbathe lol x

Thought id just post a quick update of RTM Week 2 before i went to bed :).

Went for my weigh in and lost a pound! Well it was a pound and a half but ill save the half just incase for next week lol. So i came home and went for a mini walk (me wanting to walk is amazing?! but it felt nice ) and then cooked myself as a treat (for getting to my final goal!) a yummy salmon fillet marinaded in soy sauce, garlic and ginger powder and oh my gosh was it delicious.. funny aswell as i added a mushroom to my spinach salad and it was quite nice as i usually dont have taste for them raw. Being incredible scared i might add lol.. I made my first and only glass of squash and then a jelly pot and had it with the vanilla pack and yum too but im still not feeling hungry.. and i was quite happy not having it to be honest after the big meal id had but i sort of thought ive put it out of the way of not being a threat to me on this and its there if i want it but i dont think ill make a habbit of eating them until im actually hungry.
Its such a nice feeling really to feel that full and not hungry feeling, if that makes sense lol? All my life ive ate and ate and not felt satisfied or "full" but now i finally know and its such an amazing feeling in a way to know im in control of it now and also scary because i dont want to loose it ever again.

On another note i bought myself a dalmation jasper healing ring that promotes success and most importantly drives away negativity lol! Im never taking this thing off through RTM infact ever if this is true hehe!

Sweet dreams all x

Not much of an update as such but i had a break through!! Infact two lol and im quite proud of myself. Firstly im a picker as i cook its one for me and then one for each plate and tonight i caught myself in the act and i thought no not one for me one for the plate because im not eating now im serving! and then secondly for my lunch i was uming and ahhing and i spotted the jelly and though oh its wasting ill just have it with vanilla pack and i got it out and looked at it and then thought to myself are you really hungry? Do you need it? so what if it wastes your not hungry so leave it and i did so no jelly :D.

Its probably insanely stupid to some of you lol but im so proud i did both those things i thought id never be able to but i did it! Im becoming a thin thinker lol :).

Hope all you lovely ladies are well and losing those pounds xx

River not stupid to us, we are all pleased fir you, you have recognised hunger and when you are nit you don't need the food, so well done! You should be proud! Those of us who are still on total will be going through the same stuff when we get there, so reading your journey is an insight as to what we can expect!
Stay possitive and in control, well done on the 1lb loss as well!
Jx

River said:
Thanks everyone for your positive support it really does help :).

Not a mega update, but this was my last week of total as ive decided for my healths sake to go onto my RTM. Its just been so hard and tiring and i need energy as its quite scary feeling like this and not actually doing anything to make myself feel like this.. i mean ive been tired after long days of work but nothing compared to this and when i was staying with my family i was experiencing dizzy spells and palpitations.

So come Tuesday i will be journeying into my future lol and im scared and excited at the same time.. Ive written a healthy recipe book and pinched some from the RTM subforum too! I wont deny it will be nice to get back to normality again and be a normal person who doesnt eat dust lol! but within reason of course. My partner has his food and i just look at it now within a new light i guess.. and mostly when he has his takeaways (my hindrance i might add) i just think its not really worth it for something that when i remember i use to eat didnt even taste that great!

Ive not yet had my weigh in, so i hope ive knocked it down a bit for trigger weeks but wish me luck and from now on i guess ill update through my 12 weeks of RTM. I really do think this is a vital part to success with LL and keeping the weight off, so ill try and fill in every detail for you as it is, as i have found hard to find info on! xxx

Hello river just been reading some of your posts ! You are really motivational ! I'm going for my LL consultation on Friday I'm quite apprehensive ! But really need to shift some £££ x

Thanks Julz huni :) I just felt incredibly stupid when i told my "skinny" sister that i didnt eat when i wasnt hungry as she said well i never do that anyway so she didnt understand the big deal. I dont really have anyone that understands how special that was for me and how big of an achievement it was. Im just happy of any help i can give to people starting LL or on total as it is possible cause ive succeeded lol! and trust me id be the last person youd think to do this and give up but its worth it a million times over.

Thank you Borris hun :) I wish you all the best of success on your journey and hope to be reading your amazing and motivational diary very soon! If i can offer any help at all please give me a message, i dont mind at all and even if i cant all the lovely people on here are so awesome and willing to help too. I dont know if i could of done this without them and their support :). x

Back