roast potato and roast parsnip

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by animallover, 23 February 2011 Social URL.

1. animallover

animallover New Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm doing extra easy and my friend had some mixed veg with her lunch wchich i shared the boiled carrots are free but i ate one tiny roast potato (half a golf ball size) and one thin slice of roast parsnip could anyone estimate the syns in this please? Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Potatoes and parsnips are FREE on extra easy, so you dont need to syn them. They just are not a superfree food.

So you can't use them towards your 1/3 superfree of each meal.

They will be synned on a Original (Red) day though.

Unless of course you mean she cooked them in oil and not frylight, in which case it will depend on how much oil she used. It is 2 syns per teaspoon of oil used.

4. animallover

animallover New Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks

thanks for that, i'm new to this! but they were in the work cafe so will not be in fry light, i don't think there could be more than an teaspoon of oil in them so will count them as two syns cheers x

5. Becs35

Becs35 Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(14.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My father in law very generously gave us an actifry for Xmas and we do roast potatoes and parsnips ( no parboiling though) with appx 1/2 teaspoon of oil for the 2 of us and they are the best! I never thought I would ever say it but I am a complete convert from goosefat now. Absolutely delicious!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.