Roast potatoes

lexie-k

Anyone have any idea what the value of roasties are in goose fat? in-laws father insists on using it and I feel obliged to at least pick at 2 small ones and not be an ungrateful mare!

Many thanks

The syn value of pre packed goose fat roasties varies from 2 to 3.5 per 100g. A tablespoon of goose fat is 6.5 though so I guess it depends how much he used.

Last edited:
Thanks Jaq I have syned around that anyway as wasn't a lot used to be fair

Thanks Anna, I understand that but after 3 years off knowing them and me previous to SW they are well aware I am not allergic haha.. thanks for the advice though.

Eurghh... I have been there Lexie-k! I am obese but still people keep saying 'sure, that'll do you no harm'; so frustrating. Sometimes you feel you just have to use all your syns on things you would never dream of... Nightmare!

Definitely! The "one won't do you any harm" phrase is quite often used towards me but its so hard trying to explain its not just the one it's the ten I've had afterwards that will though!!

I wasn't suggesting that you say you are allergic. Any responsible medical advice would probably say that cutting down on animal fats is a good thing.

But I suppose what I was really saying is that none of us is obliged to eat anything just because someone else expects us to, wants us to, will be upset if we don't, etc., etc. We all have a choice.

My grandfather had an interesting trick - he used to go to meetings where everyone drank whisky, which he didn't like. No amount of saying so made any difference, so in the end he would accept a glass of whisky, and it would sit in front of him all night. He never drank it, and no-one seemed to notice!

Back