Roll Call

Hi all,
I am seriously considering xenical, but am a bit scared to make that final leap. I am pointing food on weightwatchers, and avoid anything with more than 5% fat wherever possible.
I want to lose 5+ stone, but I always seem to come to a full stop after losing two, then get depressed and pile it all and then some, but this time I want to get it off and keep it off, not least because I have severe arthritis, and although I am only 48, often feel 20 yrs older!

I have three boys (eldest two, 18 and 16.5 are on the autistic spectrum), the youngest, almost 16 is NT, and I think I have spent so many years looking out for their needs and also home educating them(not that i regret a minute of it), that I've forgotten about myself.

Do you think I would be a good candidate for Xenical, and would you recommend having it prescribed rather than get it over the counter?

Would it be ok for me to hang around here a bit?

Debs x

Welcome Gemma & Debs :)

Debs, I have 1 SN daughter and my son also comes under ASD.

I was following WW and managed to lose 22lbs but then plateaued :( and so my Dr suggested the Xenical.

It took me awhile to decide to start it as I was still BF my youngest but I also have cholesterol problems and had to stop feeding to take medication for that so decided to take the plunge. I am into week 2 and SO FAR have had no side effects at all :D (watch me fall from a great height now lol).

I would definately ask your Dr. They are very expensive to buy.

Good luck both of you

Xxx

Ok here goes...
I'm Amanda, 21 years old. Live with my other half. I used to be really slim until age of about 16 when a lot of stuff happened in my life and I ended up agoraphobic and it got to the point I couldn't leave the house and also became very depressed. I started comfort eating and weight started piling on. I was suffering with this for over a year before a doctor would prescribe me anything and help me. I'm still on anti depressants now, zero self esteem still. But then when I was 18 I got Bells Palsy so went on loads of drugs including steroids which steadily got my weight upto about 20 stone. I'm down to 16 stone but its taken 2 years to do that. Got stuck in a rut and just accepted being overweight as both my mum and dad have always been. Had a **** life to be fair but finally decided I don't have to put up with it because I'll be my Mums age before I know it and have same problems she has. Oh its like going to see a Physciatrist

Everyone here has had there fair share of crap in there lifes so im really feeling better that we can all pull together and share something here.. i see a lot of you as friends spec lisa who i call mum (not coz shes old) she looks out for me and keeps me sane when i start going off on one thanks lisa xxx

DebsC if you can prove your willing to loose weight (have or willing to loose 2lbs or something) then your doctor will pescribe you them , you have to be over a certain BMI/WEIGHT. best thing to do is ask.. let us know how you get on xx

Hi all,
I am seriously considering xenical, but am a bit scared to make that final leap. I am pointing food on weightwatchers, and avoid anything with more than 5% fat wherever possible.
I want to lose 5+ stone, but I always seem to come to a full stop after losing two, then get depressed and pile it all and then some, but this time I want to get it off and keep it off, not least because I have severe arthritis, and although I am only 48, often feel 20 yrs older!

I have three boys (eldest two, 18 and 16.5 are on the autistic spectrum), the youngest, almost 16 is NT, and I think I have spent so many years looking out for their needs and also home educating them(not that i regret a minute of it), that I've forgotten about myself.

Do you think I would be a good candidate for Xenical, and would you recommend having it prescribed rather than get it over the counter?

Would it be ok for me to hang around here a bit?

Debs x

I agree with Lise, in that I would go to the docs ( much much cheaper than buying them over the counter, and plus I think any med like Xenical should only be taken under supervision of your GP). From a losing weight point of view, WW is really good, and if you're following a 5% fat diet already, then that is fab too :) Xenical will not make the weight come off quicker, BUT it will help you with re assessing your eating habits, and could really help you get over your *sticking point* ( every diet I've done before, I lost about 2 stone, and then seemed to let old habits creep back in till I regained that 2 stone plus another 1 for company :rolleyes:).
I'm not on Xenical anymore, but it really really helped me turn my life around. I've set no goals, no target weight, so I cannot sabbotage myself, therefore breaking my binge cycle too. I'm at Rosemary Conley now, but the main thing for me, is that I'm not on adiet, I've changed my life, and its permanent :)
xx

Love that Ali.... I am not on a diet either, I am ready to eat healther and make better choices, went to the eat in fish and chip shop with the family last night and ordered poached salmon (give me no problem) and new pots without butter. I sat there and can honestly say i enjoyed every last bit, didnt even eat the coleslaw!

Of course I ate a chip and a bit of sister's whitebait but that was it...

I am off to the indian tomorrow and I will make good choices because I'm almost at the 2 stone mark and I want to keep going.

I can feel my hip bones now :D:D

xx

DebsC if you can prove your willing to loose weight (have or willing to loose 2lbs or something) then your doctor will pescribe you them , you have to be over a certain BMI/WEIGHT. best thing to do is ask.. let us know how you get on xx

You should ask your Dr. When I went to see mine the other day, 3 days after registering with the surgery, and he was more than happy to prescribe me a month's supply of Xenical without question. I went in there, told him I wanted to lose weight, asked for the pills and a referral to the surgery's gym where you get a "personal trainer". And I walked out two minutes later. He was more than happy to do anything he could for me.

Hi!
Im sorry but would rather not state real names.
Im SONA! I am 28, have been married 3.5 years now and have a 13month old baby boy!

I went up to 15s during my pregnancy, some of that came off as soon as my son was born.. i went from 14.6 to 13.3 last year between june and october and weight has not dropped since then no matter what i tried!!

Im work as a technical support advisor so im sat down most of the day and i work full time so thats ALOT of sitting!!

Im looking for help and inspiration to lose about 3.5 stone but even if i get back to 10st i will be happy!!

**Bump**

HI
I'm Jodie and I'm a foodaholic :D I've just joined and am on the over the counter version of xenical, I'm on day 2. I'm 27 and live in Ireland. I have two four legged and hairy minimins (dogs) and no children. Over the last two years I've put on four stone for various reasons including clincial depression. I want to get back to what I was two years ago minus half a stone! So my goal is 10st 7lbs I was that before and was very happy, I was a size 12 (UK Sizes) and I could wear almost anything I liked. I am trying very hard now and I am loving this forum!

Welcome Jodie and good luck with your weight loss Xx

Hiya Jodie and welcome from me too :D Good luck on your weight loss journey xxx

Hello

I'm a Xenical newbie...I started on 23rd April, so I thought it's time to join up and start sharing.

(I did write a long introduction ..but then seemed to lose it when I tried to post so I'm going to try this new shorter version first, see if it works - I'm new to this whole forum lark too)

Big Smiles :D

Helen

Hi Helen and welcome to Minis :D Good luck on your weight loss journey xxxx

Welcome Helen & Good Luck x

Hello All

My name is Annie. I am 35 years old and live just outside Southampton. I am married to Steve (7yrs married on the 18th ITCH ITCH LOL) and we have a daughter Jade-Lee who is 14 (Both very supportive and certainly do alot to help)

I have been up and down over the years. Did Lighterlife 3 and a bit years ago and lost 6 stone but it crept back on quite quickly. It wasnt till bout 5 weeks ago I said enuff was enuff and went and saw my Doctor who prescribed Xenical!!! I have been on them 4 weeks tomorrow so first weigh in!!!

I have recently bought a Wii fit and do that bout 5 times a week (thats my aim) so far so good - some days I just get a ooo wanna sit on the sofa but my daughter is very supportive and turns it on and gets my backside up off the sofa. 17'13 I started at...............and I would like to get down to at least 13'5 !!

Happy weight loss :)

Welcome Annie :)

Eastleigh isn`t so far from me I think? Mebbe 45 mins?

I started off over 17st too and am currently 15st 1lb tho I lost most of my weight so far on WW and with exercise before I started on the Xenical.

I also love my Wii Fit! :D And tomorrow I have a cross trainer arriving :D

Good Luck for your weigh in, Mine is next week!

LiSe Xx

Thanks for the welcome folks...looks like I know how to use a forum now :D I'm going to have a lurk around on here in an hour or so (well, once I've stopped listening to the new Depeche Mode album on constant repeat)....any ideas where I should lurk to first?

Helen x

Back