Roll on 12.30......

Red77

my stomach is a rumbling!

yay! Time to unwrap!

It comes & goes Red
You'll get used to it
have a tea or a coffee (something with caffiene in it)
or try a glass of water

you'll get busy & then realise you are not hungry anymore

Honest

I am ALWAYS hungry (or I was pre diet)

visualise it as if its eating at the fat on your belly :D

I have an 11.15 starving moment & a midafternoon moment
we all do

I am trying to learn to accept the hunger and embrace it as part of the process. I used to be afraid of being hungry, not sure if that stems from coming from a big family where it was every man for themselves in the food department sometimes, but whatever the reason I used to eat at the slightest feeling of hunger, boredom, sadness and am trying very hard to change my mindset around food. Oops sorry, don't want to preach, it is just the way I am approaching it these days.
Bren xx

I am trying to learn to accept the hunger and embrace it as part of the process... Oops sorry, don't want to preach, it is just the way I am approaching it these days.
Bren xx

Call me masochistic but I'm enjoying feeling hungry! I hardly ever used to get hungry cos I continually grazed throughout the day rather than have proper meals. I still think I'm going to be a bit like that when I'm back on real food 100% but I'm trying to teach myself to have 5 small meals a day like I'm doing with the packs.

Sharing your wealth of experience, Quak (your stats are staggering :D), definitely isn't preaching in my book :)

rosie kate, I so know what you mean about being masochistic about it, I think it is good to actually feel hungry, and I mean properly hungry not just head hungry so that you have a reference point for when you start eating again, I tried to practice the stopping before bursting school of eating on holiday and mostly it worked so things are improving.
Thanks for your lovely comment too.
Bren xx

Hi there everyone

I did this Exante last year (gave up when after 2 weeks felt really ill & weak) but after much soul searching and having lots of packs to use up im back!!!

Nice to see so many new members on here, there was hardly any one when I started. Is Sarah P still about? She became a consultant but im guessing with people saying they dont use them anymore she isnt now?

Thanks
Becky x

Rosie and Quak , you are both masochistic, in fact I am changing the word to maso quak stic ! Geddit ?

Oh come on people what sort of person goes on holiday and LOSES weight !! perhaps she has transended to a higher state of being. Keep all those tips coming Quakster, I want what you've got.

OK, well seeing as I did give in to my hunger, real, imagined, emotional, probably all three and definitely demanding... with a pack at at 11.30 am !!! I am now putting on the kettle for more coffee... and don't spare the sweeteners ! [ that's like when people in the movies say , and don't spare the horses ! in case you just think I'm being toootally random, which I kind of am but there is a thread of a thread in there somewhere if you look hard enough, tilt your head to the side and let your eyes go out of focus]

Last edited:
Hi there everyone

I did this Exante last year (gave up when after 2 weeks felt really ill & weak) but after much soul searching and having lots of packs to use up im back!!!

Nice to see so many new members on here, there was hardly any one when I started. Is Sarah P still about? She became a consultant but im guessing with people saying they dont use them anymore she isnt now?

Thanks
Becky x

Welcome back Becky, hope it works better for you this time round. Not heard from Sarah for a while so not sure what is going on with her consultant job.
Bren xx

Wotcha Becky, welcome back. It's a bit busier here now. They're mostly mad as pants, but it's quite entertaining :)

I'm actually proper hungry this evening. I don't mind feeling 'empty' as I usually do (that's a strangely positive feeling), but this is proper rumbling. Don't get it very often, but I think it's soup time.

Vegetable today, methinks.

Nice to see some familiar names, the new ones all sound mad!!! (maybe something to do with the diet lol).

Day 2 and the headaches kicked in (forgot what all this feels like but must do better this time)!

Thanks for replying Bren & Miss D.

Love to all B x

I'm blaming it on the fact I'm hopped up on cold medicine at the moment... :D I'm perfectly sane most of the time.

I did this Exante last year (gave up when after 2 weeks felt really ill & weak)

Hello Becky,
I am interested to know more about your episode as I have also suffered a weird couple of days and I am 2 weeks in. My head is telling me I ought to add another pack per day or do WS but my heart does not want to :cry:

Love Myr xxx

Hi there Exante people,

How do you keep going without the support - is itlike LighterLife but online? Is it any good? What do the packs taste like? Sorry to fire so many questions but trying to decide which 'plunge' to take still - or is it just avoidance?

Annie

Hi there Exante people,

How do you keep going without the support - is itlike LighterLife but online? Is it any good? What do the packs taste like? Sorry to fire so many questions but trying to decide which 'plunge' to take still - or is it just avoidance?

Annie

Re support - I prefer not to have to pay a middleman to take advantage of my misery, I've got friends, a finacé and this site for that ;) But seriously, When ever I did go to diet groups, I never felt sufficiently supported, or couldn't get a word in edgeways, or felt a bit 'admonished' if I didn't say the right things at the right time. So I wish every LL/WW/SW/CD 'counsellor' or group leader all the best for their business (for that's exactly what it is) but I won't be contributing to it. So actually, I'm doing fine. I'm happy to buy products from the manufacturer and just get on with it, and not pay for the pleasure of not being listened to or understood. If you need to let it out, write a blog/diary. I do.

Is it any good? again, subjective. However look at assorted people's results, they speak for themselves.

What do the packs taste like? it's down to personal taste, really. it's not as nice as slimfast (which has more sugar and to which you add milk) and they're definitely not things you would rush out and eat for fun. But they are an effective nutrient delivery system. There's a couple of flavours I don't get on with, but other people like them. It's horses for courses. But on the whole, they're not bad. And besides, it was tasty things that got me in this state in the first place! Just don't expect gourmet meals, and keep it in context. It is VCLD diet food. However you *do* get used to it, and there are various ways and means to adjust them to your taste.

Avoidance? yep :) Most of the online suppliers will do sample packs, or individual items.

All the best with it.

Hi there Exante people,

Annie

I don't start this diet till the 14th.....but i have done lighterlife which i personally would not go back to again.

I had to sign a minimum 13 week contract with LL....so had to pay no matter what....i got quite ill on it towards the end and all the counseller was interested in was the money.

I had a girl that had discovered she was pregnant in the group who could not continue.....they would not even give her the money back.....they gave her the value in foodpacks.

Maybe we were just unlucky with our counseller..... i can only talk of my own experience.

One thing i do definitely know..... Exante is soooo much cheaper than LL.

Think you need to ask as many questions as possible and make your own decision.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Shaz x

Back