Romance?

Sarahv25

Always welcome new m8's!
Ok sort of not a thread for here but i need advice.
Im 25 and never had a real date and it sounds daft but i can hear my life ticking away! friends from school are married with a family or in love and its so depressing.

Ive never loved myself so i guess thats why i have never been successful in love.

Should i wait until im more confident or start "looking"? and how the hell do i do that anyway as i dont go out much.

Im so lost!:cry:

Hi Hun, well I would say get out with friends and enjoy yourself first off, love will come along when you least expect it. Once you do that you will find that people will be "attracted" to you and you can find someone who deserves you. xx

p.s. you are just up the road from me !!

p.s.

ahh its hard to meet people when you dont have the self confidence i recently broke up with a bf and alreayd looking for something new but sincei been with him i put on the weight and cant imagine anyone else finding me attractive so im kinda workin on myself for a while before i go looking and if i find someone in the mean time thats a bonus :) i want to be really happy in myself tho!!

ps i think im just down the road from you too (kinda) ;)

aw you should defo go. i started going out more about a year ago and i love it now :D plus you get to dress up which gives u a confidence boost

find me one while ur there lol

Lol cheers Nicki, like im not struggling enough :D

Yeah i might Charisma, depends money wise but i hope i can

I'm 38 and all I can say is enjoy yourself, your 20's will go soooo quickly. As someone else said the right person will just turn up, and don't settle for second best, and for me kindness is the most important thing.

Ok sort of not a thread for here but i need advice.
Im 25 and never had a real date and it sounds daft but i can hear my life ticking away! friends from school are married with a family or in love and its so depressing.

Ive never loved myself so i guess thats why i have never been successful in love.

Should i wait until im more confident or start "looking"? and how the hell do i do that anyway as i dont go out much.

Im so lost!:cry:

Hiya

I totally get this! I've never really liked myself therefore find it hard to see why other people would. I've let good guys slip away from this, guys who didnt give a damn what I looked like but liked me for me.

I'm becomming (sp) happier with myself though and looking forward to losing weight and hitting the dancefloor in a gorgeous dress. Bring on the boys!

we get ourselves into such vicious circles dont we? We fel crap so we eat, we gain weight feel crap so eat la di da di da. We find ourselves unattractive/ugly/fat whatever, and so crave the validation that comes from someone else finding us attractive, yet have so convinced ourselves that we're undeserving that even when someone DOES like us we don't believe it!! I'd advise you to work on your self image. Get out with mates, find things in you that YOU like then deal with romance if and when. I promise that someone will see the beauty in you, just don't waste your life waiting for it. Life is too precious and too short.

Good Luck, oxo

Know the feeling i work all hours am going to college and trying to raise two kids on my own I dont have time for a man but wuould love to meet one so Sarahv25 if you go out and find any spare men please send one my direction

Dont laugh but I met my hubby on the internet.
Friends reunited classifieds (cant believe I am admiting this lol). I was drunk one weekend, single parent, kept meeting idiots or married men that said they werent & had pretty much given up on men & quite liked my life but wanted friends & company my age (all my friends were married off etc)
Anyway long story short he replied on april fools day so I had to reply expecting it being a joke, we spoke for hours that week & he came up (from Cheshire to Leeds) on the Sunday & NEVER WENT HOME lol
That was 9 years ago, I was 27 & we have now been married 5years & have 2 gorgeous toddlers :) & I still cant get rid of him lol

Cant say its for everyone but give it a go hun, ya never know

Niki
x

What if she went to an all girls school???:D:D:D:D

Ive done the internet dating thing DISASTER all I met were famers who were more interested in telling me their Milk Quota and asking if I could bake bread

lol.... So can you make bread? lol

lol yeah being stuck in the fens and near newmarket you get either druggies, farmers or jockeys out here!

Il keep an eye out.

thanks peeps

ps. Cankster you look hot, you will find someone!!

Back