roosnanny wombles back :-)

Morning Lainey, shame about the steak.

Claire, you only get rats in RAF accommodation ;)

ah well I'll amend that, you only get rats where RAF pers are staying. :D

well i braved the rain today,and went forth with brolly
in hand,i would have taken the dog,but i don't have one. :D
i'm so in the mood for lamb shank,talking about it in the food thread,might get one tomorrow.
going to make chicken kebab thingies....yum
thinking that the forman grill might be the thing to use ?rather than the frying pan.
sugar sugar playing on the iPod....might have a shimmy round
the living room. :banana dancer:
wii fit,says i lean more to the right,working on that one lol
it still squeaks when i get on it,however onwards and downwards
wonder if it will give me a whoop whoop when i reach my goal.
i need a mat for the yoga because the wooden floor is a little
umm well hard lol...
claire your rat story is intrieging (sp) what happened ?

Oooo noo it's horrid not intriguing!! But seeing as u asked -

A few yrs back whilst serving in the junior but best force - RAF (Just a lil joke for jim), I was out on detachment in Qatar staying on an American base. Well they ran out of portacabins for us to stay in so we had to slum it in huge 40-person tent structures (I did not n still don't do camping). They were sort of semi perm built things with bunk beds n that's it. Anyway, the camp must've had a rat problem n we saw loads of rat traps everywhere. Well one time I was sleeping off nights n woke up to a loud scratching/screaming sound coming from behind my head end of the bunk bed towards the floor. So I kinda peeked over the top of my pillow (with one eye open only n it was done squintily). I saw this big rat stuck by its feet to a sticky sheet about a4 size. It was a cheap n nasty rat catcher sheet. The poor thing was stuck by all four feet. It kept trying to pull a foot up off the stickiness but couldn't do it. So much so it then tried to gnaw its own foot off to escape!! This was all taking place about 2 foot from my head! I couldn't bare it so legged it out to the bathroom for a pee (u always need a pee out in hot n sandy as u drink so much water) but went via the locals cleaning hut they had nearby. I told this local cleaning lady through broken English n some charades about the rat. Anyway when I was walking back from the toilet block to the tent dreading what was there I saw the same cleaning lady walk out the tent. She was carrying the rat and said sticky paper. Except she held the paper n the rat was hanging upside down off it still stuck by its feet. She then just wanged it in the big skip n that was that. I was horrified.

Trying to skip the rat story!! Lol had them the other side of my walls in a previous flat and hardly ever slept .. A wee bit terrifying Claire lol x

Evening Lainey xxx you did make me chuckle with the dog comment!! Xxx

so ratty was still alive...... that's rather cruel. :(

lol yeah i often think i'd take a dog for a walk if i had one,:)
mane i'll get a lead for bert,wonder if he'll sit if i ask him ?

bit of a sad note,i had to euthanise one of my fish tonight,
and now the female looks really lost.:(
it was a fire mouth cichlid for any fishie peeps out there lol

Sorry about your fish :( Hope the rest of your day went well x

thanks guys,the female really looks lost bless her,
i might have to give her up to the LFS,she is a very good
spawner....
ok anorak off....
wii fit,but just for a little while...half hour,but that's better than nothing,i had a meeting to go to,and i won't exersise in front of one of my LAC anyway.
i'm down 4 bls :eek: :D :D
was in an awful mood this morning and tearful...don't know why
but it's passed like a cloud in front of the sun thankfully.
Anorak back on.....did i tell you my oriental fire belly toads
are mating,and producing spawn ? ..... interesting days to come.
coat off:D
right off to see what you nutters have been up too....:D

Oh Lainey! Just love your diary !!! And so well done on the 4lbs down! That's huge!! Xxx

hello my lovelies,
thank you all i was quite surprised.:D
anorak on....
no piccies of the froggies being busy:eek: but plenty of frog spawn,
shouldn't take long to hatch apparently, then i have to buy super small live food :( but hay on the bright side,baby froggies,how cute will they be huh huh :D will take piccies if they hatch,and share in my new squidgy friends.
Bren..yes i'm thinking of asking OH if he'd take me tomorrow,
as she just looks so lost...well that's my per on it.perhaps
she's thinking thank god for that ?
anorak off :D

Ooo I can't wait to see some pics. Could u take one of the big frogs n ur fishie wishies for me please? I'd love to see what they look like. I don't need the anorak - I'm a geek most the time! Even have the uniform to prove it lol.

a couple of pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0950.jpg
    IMG_0950.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 29
Back