Rosacea??

JoozzyJoo

Hi, hoping someone can give me some advice. For awhile now i've noticed my face becoming red. Its on my cheeks, my forehead, and 1 side of my face. Its not majorly noticeable (yet) looks like a rash close up. Now it seems to be worse since i've been exercising (most days). I'm finding that I'm having to wear foundation to work which I hate doing. I'm starting to feel conscious about it. Hope someone can offer some advice! thanks x

I have rosacea. I always had rosy cheeks, but around the time I turned 30 it really kicked in; Red cheeks and forehead, sometimes my nose too, for ages I just put up with it - I tried sensitive skin products etc. which improved the general quality of my skin but did nothing to combat the redness.

About 6 months ago a friend of a friend (who also suffers from rosacea) recommended that I go to the doctors, so I did and they were really helpful. We tried a few different things (Cream, gel and a couple of different tablets) before finally settling on Oxytetracycline tablets which is what I take now. They took about 6 weeks to really work but I noticed an improvement after just a few days.

My advice is to head to the doctors, if you think it's rosacea then don't wait for it to get worse like I did! Get help now :)

I've had this on and off over the years and tablets solved it. Last week it came back after being clear for a few years and I've a nose rudolph would be proud of. I've a repeat prescription for 100mg minocycline two a day which work for me though as said above they do take time to fully clear it.

Hi,

you could pop along to your local clinique counter as they have a redness solutions range which does help with redness. A consultation is free but certainly push your GP for a referral to see a dermatologist.

xxx

Back