Rosemary's 10 Tips for Success

AmandaJayne

Trainee Maintainer
Just got this off an RC e-mail and thought I would share it with you all...

Try these 10 top tips to help you stay on track.
10 Tips for Success

1. Set yourself some new goals. Why not take up a lifelong dream challenge such as walking the Great Wall of China, parachuting out of an aeroplane or running the London Marathon and raising money for charity? Such a challenge will give you the motivation to keep exercising, which will help keep you slim!
  2. Take all your ‘big’ clothes to the charity shop – except for your very largest garment, which you should keep as a memento of your achievements.
  3. Make a conscious effort NOT to slip back into your old eating habits such as spreading butter on your bread. Keep on eating and cooking the low-fat way. It should become a normal way of life – for ever.
  4. Remember that you are not actually ‘dieting’ now, so if it’s someone’s birthday and it’s cream cakes all round, have one. Thoroughly enjoy it and appreciate it as a treat. That’s what I do!
  5. Stay active. If you have joined a gym and enjoy going regularly, you should definitely keep going. If you are a member of one of our classes, keep attending every week as the workout will keep you fit and in good shape and you can pop on the scales to check your weight maintenance. I have 15 members at my own classes who have been joining me on a Monday night for more than 25 years! They are fit and healthy as a result.
  6. Now that you’ve reached your goal you may be tempted to think you can go back to indulging as you used to. If you start eating or drinking too much again, the weight will pile back on in no time. It’s much harder to lose it the second time around, so don’t be tempted!
  7. Enjoy being fit and slim. Enjoy buying new clothes. Enjoy feeling your flat stomach. Enjoy running around with your children and appreciate your feeling of ‘lightness’. And enjoy the compliments from your husband or partner who puts their arm around your waist and comments on how slim you feel.
  8. Chill out about food and calories. That isn’t a licence to eat anything and everything you see but it is important for you to learn to train your brain away from food. I used to think about food all the time. Now I only think about food when my body tells me I need some because I’m hungry. I’ve retrained my brain and I’m not a slave to food any more. You can do this, too.
  9. Take a photograph of yourself looking your best. Appreciate how far you have come and keep that photograph handy, together with your ‘before’ picture, to remind you of your fantastic achievement.
  10. Avoid stepping on the scales every day. You will know from the way your clothes fit whether you have gained or lost weight. Scales can motivate and de-motivate. If you have lost weight you can be tempted to eat more ‘because you’re in credit’. If you’ve gained a pound you can go into panic mode and find yourself stressed and diving for your ‘weakest-link’ food such as chocolate or crisps. If my clothes start feeling tight I eat a bit less and do a bit more activity for three days and the inches disappear. That, I have found, is the secret – being chilled and happy with my weight. And yes, I want to be slim more than I want to eat that chocolate bar. Why not try to get there, too?
There is some really good advice here for people trying to maintain.

Wow what an amazing post. I love it. I will defo be printing this off and sticking it on my wall.

I would love to walk the great wall of china, wow, and you know something that is now one of my life goals :)

:thankyou: xx

Back