Rotisserie Chickens

thanks Rachael,and a nice bit of advertising there too-LOL

Nano, that's really really useful info thanks!

Re: brine: SW suggest no more than 1/2 teaspoon of salt per day for optimum weight loss, so even though no fat is added, brine would up your salt content. Same with tinned tuna and all convenience foods, eg pasta n sauce. This being the case, I suggest that this means Slimming World think you should (I paraphrase) eat these in moderation, for 'emergencies' and use them as an 'added bonus' to the plan for when you're too tired/busy to cook, but not all the time?

What does everyone else think?

PS rotisserie chickens were once my weigh-day meal of choice! *cry* may as well just go the chippy and get me beef mushroom and rice by the sounds of it!

Our SWC hasn't said anything about salt..But it's something to consider, thank you x

Nano, that's really really useful info thanks!

Re: brine: SW suggest no more than 1/2 teaspoon of salt per day for optimum weight loss, so even though no fat is added, brine would up your salt content. Same with tinned tuna and all convenience foods, eg pasta n sauce. This being the case, I suggest that this means Slimming World think you should (I paraphrase) eat these in moderation, for 'emergencies' and use them as an 'added bonus' to the plan for when you're too tired/busy to cook, but not all the time?
I know that if i eat too much salt i get fluid retention = weight gain

I have bought the odd one in the past but ONLY if they have just come fresh out of the rotissere. The last time I was tempted, I looked at the sticker on package which showed that the chicken had been sitting in the hot cabinet after cooking for 4 hours - not exactly fresh.

I must admit though that I am a fan of free range chicken and buy them from my local butcher. He actually visits the farms where he gets produce from so knows exactly what he is selling. Although they cost a couple of pounds more than ordinary, it well worth it as the flavour and texture is soooo much better. The only additives needed when roasting is a little bit of salt and pepper.

i work at waitrose and get their AMAZING rottisserie free range chickens all the time, they are not injected with anything, only herbs and spiced added to the skin for the flavoured ones (which you wouldnt eat anyway) i looove them.

i work at waitrose and get their AMAZING rottisserie free range chickens all the time, they are not injected with anything, only herbs and spiced added to the skin for the flavoured ones (which you wouldnt eat anyway) i looove them.
Are you able to confirm that these chickens are not "treated" prior to delivery at waitrose? Are they exactly the same as the fresh ones you receive?Most of the other supermarkets cook the chickens they receive that are labelled for especially rotisserie use.

in reality ladies... all meat/poultry and fish are 'treated' by supermarkets. Fish/meat have added colour and chemical tenderisers added to lamb, pork and beef. If the chickens are a genuine concern, Slimming World i am sure would react accordingly. BUt bear in mind, we assume alot about the foods we buy and to be honest only organic foods can really be 100% guaranteed to not be 'treated'!
We have enough to concentrate on with various food plans adn life getting in the way.............. chicken is chicken and the less we think about whats rubbed on/pushed in etc the better!

in reality ladies... all meat/poultry and fish are 'treated' by supermarkets. Fish/meat have added colour and chemical tenderisers added to lamb, pork and beef. If the chickens are a genuine concern, Slimming World i am sure would react accordingly. BUt bear in mind, we assume alot about the foods we buy and to be honest only organic foods can really be 100% guaranteed to not be 'treated'!
We have enough to concentrate on with various food plans adn life getting in the way.............. chicken is chicken and the less we think about whats rubbed on/pushed in etc the better!
The only problem with that is there is a risk of going over syns if they contain over 40 syns each. Shame because I really like them but then moan when I haven't lost weight x

Well guess where i'm going this week!!

If the chickens are a genuine concern, Slimming World i am sure would react accordingly.

That is what they have done; They have told their SWC's who have passed the info on to the members.

If any members know better, or want to do so, they can continue to eat them as much as they want :D

Like somone else has already said, i dont think its a problem if you only have them once in a while,but if you were eating them on a regular basis it would probably cause you a problem

Easy solution.......buy a fresh one and cook it yourself.....eat free food whilst you wait!! :p

Back