roughly how many carbs

Kes

Gold Member
just curious to know what the rough amount of carbs (max) you can have a day to stay in ketosis?

if it is 20g how do you get to ketosis doing cambridge....
as each shake is 14ish grams... and a porrige is 16ish... and ob bars are more.
so 3 shakes a day is 45ish grams +

this is where im confused!

its 20 net carbs, you have to deduct dietary fibre and polyols.

Same as Atkins really, but CD is VLCD also.

I ate a whole bread roll in week 2 at a wedding and stayed in ketosis not sure how many grams that would be

lol at moleymole - its like confession time but sneakily got away with it....I like that ;)

on atkins you discount the meat you had in your carb count - just count the carbs in veggies, breads, pastas, potatoes etc xx

ok..... what about sugars then.... do you count those?

As I said, its net carbs, pure meat doesn't contain carbs, thats why on atkins you can eat theses till your full.

net carbs = total carbs - dietary fibre - polyols. Thats it. Have a look at this site, might help you.

Atkins - Program - Tools - Carb Counter

Sorry hope I wasnt too abrupt, just on my 3rd glass of rum lol

what did you have in total kes - list it for me and ill let you know what's what xx

thats ok, get carried away sometimes, what you worrying about in terms of food, maybe I could help?

what did you have in total kes - list it for me and ill let you know what's what xx

ok today. for example i have had......

apple/cin porridge
choc mint shake
and for dinner roughly as its hard to do exact weights....
basmati rice= Cooked 99g
carrots= 15g
runner beans= 15g
coconut milk= 50g
chicken breast= 50g (cooked)
green curry paste (thai kitchen brand)= 1tsp

not sure if you can work it out or not....

Yeh, thanks ASP, only having really small ones, helps me sleep. Have had the misfortune of drinking at a wedding years ago when I did CD the 1st time, had to go home early :-(

Kes, you might have blown it with the rice, babes. Only to knock you out of ketosis but I think you will still have a loss this week. Im sorry to be brutal about it darling but you know I loves ya xx

hoping your body doesnt recognise the rice though xx

oh i know that i wouldnt stay/get into ketosis having rice. ive got no problem with that..... i am more wondering how to workout "net carbs" to maybe try and stick to as low as i can.... if i stay in ketosis or not it doesnt bother me....

net carbs on your carrots approx 5g
net carbs on your beans approx 2g
net carbs on coconut milk approx approx 5g
chicken - none
rice - approx 25g
Curry past - neglible

Back