Round 2!

Hi everyone!

I have been a member of minimins for a while but have only lurked for info, I can normally stick to diets by myself but it would probably be a good idea to mix with you lovely lot for a little bit of additional support! :)

A bit about myself, I'm 22 and started my weightloss journey in August 2012. At the time, I weighed 14 stone 6lbs :eek: at 5ft4, I was very overweight and the biggest I had ever been in my life (thanks to the contraceptive implant!). I started out by eating healthily and exercising which shifted a big chunk of the weight but ended up going onto Exante which helped me go from 11 and a half stone to 10 and a half stone in about 4 weeks, which was brilliant! Unfortunately, between holidays, birthday and a lot of wine, my weight has crept back up to 11st.

I am back on Exante, 3 shakes per day hoping to finish this once and for all! My goal is to be as close to 9st as possible by Christmas, if I can get lower, even better! I have been reading diaries and forum posts on here and they have motivated me enough to start again, I just hope I can stay focused for the next few weeks - I actually don't find the first few days that bad, it's the week 2 or week 3 where my brain really starts to miss food that I have the most trouble with so any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Firstly hi, and secondly well done for trying again. This is my second crack at exante to loose the weight for good. I found my second week the hardest last time and caved in all together after a holiday :banghead: I am only on my third day but I think the thing that is going to help me knock the thoughts of, ' one bite womt hurt', will be the massive support you get from fellow dieters on this forum.
I had massive doubts only on my first day and kept saying in my head, ' there is no way I can get through week 2'.

Now I check in with a fellow forum member every evening and no doubts at all.

As for future advice going into our second and third weeks, I have had the suggestion of drinking my water until the feeling passes, I have seen good ideas about going for a walk, putting on a film to disstract you. I think the key is disstraction! Personally on an evening when the family is eating the lovely meal I have just slaved over(and cant even taste:( ) I go and have a long bubble bath.

Charlie x

You will do it in no time and posting your progress and any thoughts of giving up will keep you motivated. The support on here is great :)

Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you for your reply Charlie :) How's it going? I'm struggling a bit today, I know I'm in keto and have been for a few days but the 'energy spike' hasn't arrived yet, very very tired! I've been sleeping for 9-10 hours every night this week and I still feel like I haven't slept in weeks! I'm not hungry at all which is good, also I have this weird urge to go to the gym which is strange for me, I hate exercise! Having to deal with a foggy brain at work today, hopefully it will all just settle over the weekend. Slightly disappointed as I told myself I wouldn't weigh in before Sunday and I had a sneaky peek this morning, nothing yet, still the same :( But then again, I never had the 'big loss' in week one, not even the first time I was on Exante, my weight tends to get stuck and drop a few lbs all in one go quite suddenly, so hoping to get on the scales on Sunday to see a change! In the meantime, water water water! How are you doing? x

I only started feeling more energetic yesterday, which was day 6! Until then I had the foggy head, felt cold and aching from head to toe. Feel much better now and even been for a walk today!
You will soon feel better. Its massive adjustment our body has to make so bound to take time. Your doing well hopefully you will feel better by tomorrow and 2 days can make a big difference on the scales. A loss is a loss, big or small!
After my weigh in today which was pleased with, although not hungry, a little voice in my head is telling me it will be ok to celebrate with a little nibble. I am using all my will power not to give in.
I will however be treating myself to some new lipstick tomorrow :)
Hope you feel better soon
Charlie xx

Hi you have similar weight to me although i am already 5 weeks in on exante. I started at 12st 3 and am currently 10st 10 with a goal of 9st 10. I have had a couple of slips but minimins has really helped me get back on track each time. Logging and sharing my own diary on here has particularly helped me so far!

Good luck u dont have a huge amount to lose and will be looking and feeling fabulous by christmas! ;-)

Thank you both :) Unfortunately I failed massively over the weekened :cry:
I was in ketosis and starting to feel okay, then I met up with my friend who's not having a great time and we ended up having a lot of wine...and ice cream. Okay, so day 1 again today. I don't know what's gotten into me, I'm always so good at sticking to things but it's like this time around my head isn't in it like it was the first time.. I was doing so well I can't believe I managed to slip up SO badly. SO! I have decided to start a diary, I think that will help as I will have something to answer to if I slip up again! The hardest thing is trying to wean myself off of the sugar, especially with all of these biscuits and cake sales in the office. Okay, let's try again!

I had a massive slip up and binged until I felt I was goung to burst yesterday and I was on day 10 and not a single slip up!
Day 1 for me again today as well.
Happens to us all and we have to get over it instead of beating ourselves up!
Posting daily will help a lot. I think thats where I failed to give myself a boost, by not checking in on these threads and recieving the support I have always found.
Ah well, lesson learned x

I'm really sorry to hear that :sigh: I think for me at least, it's very much psychological. I've always been greedy and I have to stay focused to stay on track because when I have a small slip up I think "oh well, ruined it now" and continue to binge for the rest of the day. For me staying focused means not seeing my friends because it only ends with drinks and food anyway, which is hard. Contrary to what many people say, Exante has actually helped me to think about food in a more healthy way, because essentially you are eating the bare minimum to keep yourself alive and have all the nutrients your body needs whereas I just eat food because it tastes good and makes me feel happy, I have to learn to eat to live! Day one today, start of a new month, we need to stay focused and take it one day at a time, one week at a time. I need to stay 100% until Sunday, then just do it again until the end of October and by then I should be used to it again...we can do this. I just had my chocolate shake which is my favourite, need to get my first litre of water down though! I really do need to get better with the water! Here's to a good Monday! x

Exactly, it started with a slice of chicken to line my stomach after I had taken some painkillers and I couldn't just leave it there.
Water is my vice as well. I have started buying cheap 500mls bottles of water and fill it up when empty. I find it easier to keep track of the amount I am drinking. I find it easier looking at the bottle and saying to myself, only 4 of these and thats 2 litres and I aim for 6 on a good day if I have had an early start x

I do the same! I have a 1litre bottle that I take everywhere with me then I know that I only have to have 2 of those in a whole day, but I aim for 3. I normally say to myself "drink 1 bottle by 11am" that way I find it easier to squeeze in the other bottle or two throughout the day, still a challenge! Especially when it's cold, I hate drinking cold water in the winter and I have a mental block against drinking warm water, I tend to have a lot of black coffee! I'm an all or nothing person, hence why TS works well for me (if I stick to it!), once I get a taste for food that's it. I've done my 1 litre now, going to re-fill my bottle and aim to finish it by the time I finish work so everything else I have once I get home is a bonus :) Can't wait to get back in keto again, how long does it normally take you to get back in?

Back