Route to Management Harder than I thought

Incywincy

I am only 4lb off my target weight and I have decided to get on Management. I am comfortable in my size 10's and don't feel the excessive need to reach 9st anymore.

However, I have hit a hard place. I am having such trouble bringing myself to eat. Wednesday & Thursday I chickened out and had a shake.

Yesterday (Friday) I had a small tin of tuna with some lettuce leaves and a fat free dressing and it took me over an hour to eat it in 3 separate attempts.

I can't understand this, it felt so wrong becuase I was ALLOWED to do it. I had previously had 2 meals on my birthday and anniversary, there was no problem there as I felt I was being naughty, but I have to admit, I am scared to death of reintroducing meals into my life.

Help!

Just take it slowly, introducing a bit at a time....It can feel scary eating again after being on shakes for so long but follow the Management 100% and you will proberly still loose that last few pounds.
Hope you get on OK...any problems with it contact your LLC she should be able to reasure you That it is OK to eat.

Hi Incy

Totally understand how you feel; Route to Management is hard. Why not think about the tools you learnt in Foundation? A thought record or two to help you on your way?

There are a few brilliant Route to Management threads on here:

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/8093-ajs-ll-management-journey.html

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-lif...t-thread-august-12th-november-5th-2007-a.html

And then I did one about how NOT to do Route to Management, which I hope will help too.

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-lif...-how-not-do-lighterlife-route-management.html

Don't worry; you will be fine - just try to think about being a successful weight holder and what that means for you.

Good luck.

Take care.

Mrs L xxx

Hello there - someone in my group had issues with eating on her first week (I didn't - I couldn't wait to start playing with food again - I'm an ex chef and complete foodie...) That aside, just to reassure you - On the days where I have followed the plan not even to the letter - sometimes even doubling the portions suggested, I have still been losing weight. RtM is very carefully designed - the more I use the manual and introduce new foods the more I appreciate how thoughtfully that it's been put together - it is peculiar, eating again - someon in my group has the reverse problem to me (I binge when I'm anxious - she stops eating - even sometimes her foodpacks when she's anxious and things aren't going to plan) both are natural reactions - alas I have worked out parts of the compulsive overeating cycle on RtM, but I haven't experienced or asked for LL advice on your side of the coin so I can;t offer any practical tips other than RtM works, it really does - you just need to trust it - take it slowly and watch your feelings around eating and even not eating - in my food log I even note when I decide not to eat so that I can see the things that affect my decisons over eating or not eating so that I can refer to them and use them.

Hope that helps - as long as you stick to the packs and if you can't bring yourself to eat add the 4th back into the day then you won't be doing yourself any harm - but obviusly you should speak to your LLC if the behaviour is ongoing.

Aww hang in there. It does take time or your brain to switch from NO FOOD to you've allowed! Remember the plan is carefully done and you need to get some color back madam & get some practace in for Thursday. Just stick to the plan & be gentle with yourself. Big hugs.

Back