RTM - My thoughts and my journey!

katalena

Enjoying life!
So, here it is....I am going to talk this through with myself! lol

I have 1 stone 6lb to lose until I reach my target. My LLC has said she would like me to go into RTM with 7lb to lose. I didn't think much about it to start with but have since told her I am not happy with that and would prefer to go into RTM with 4lb to lose.

When this will be will be determind by the next few weeks losses. If over the next 5 weeks my losses are mostly 3lb a week then I will go into RTM approx 20th October.

If my losses are a combination of 3lb & 4lb then approx 13th October.

BUT..............my total weight loss to take me to target is 6 stone 13lb so obviously I want to lose the extra 1lb to take me to 7 stone which will be 98lb, so obviously I want to lose the other 2lb to make it 100lb - so that is an extra 3lb on top of my target.

I have also since decided that I would like to lose another 7lb (inc that extra 3lb above) from my goal weight so that I have that 7lb buffer. I do not plan to stay on LL to get that further 7lb as I would like to lose that in RTM, combined with exercise but have decided to lose the full 1 stone 6lb on LL "before" I go into RTM so that I have lost my full target weight.

Hmmmm now I have typed all that out I am thinking that maybe I will stay in developers until I lose the full amount and re-adjust my goal to have 1 stone 13lb to go! Which will take me to approx the start of November!

Oh choices choices! Decisions decisions!

I would be interested to know your thoughts. I know that ultimately this is my decision to make and I will be happy with what I decide to do but a range of opinions would be great!

A pondering Kat xx :)

Hi Kat

Your weight losses have been amazing and very consistent so far. Well done!

But I would say; Be prepared for changes to your plan. You may find that your weight losses slow down over the coming weeks - mine did (see my signature), although you do only have a fairly small amount still to lose. Many folk in developers find the weight loss slows.

Based on my Foundation losses I had planned to be into RTM by mid Sept and booked a holiday for mid October. As you can see, the losses have slowed quite significantly and therefore extended my abstinence more than I initially expected. As the losses have continued to slow I have kept readjusting my RTM dates in my head and accepted that I will be in abstinence for my hols.

However, I then actually gained 0.5lb in week 33 despite continued 100% abstinence. It can happen and even BL and SB had STS weeks. The constant battle with my head to stay on the diet together with the gain nearly sent me off the rails, but I haven't let it get me more than a couple of extra LL packs. Instead I have set a deadline for starting RTM. This has given me focus and eased some of the pressure of not knowing when I will start eating again. I have purposefully worked it into Christmas preparations so I will be week 5 RTM and be able to have two meals and a range of meat and veg and some dairy and alcohol. If I am not at goal then I will still be happy with what I will have achieved.

I have been struggling over the last few weeks - I think boredom is setting in after almost 35 weeks of abstinence. I have posted more about this in the January starters thread over last few weeks.

Hopefully others will post their experience and thoughts here too.

I wish you every success. xx

I have just called my Mum and talked it through with her and her words were "I knew you would do this, I said to Joe (step Dad) that you would do this, I knew we would struggle to get you off this" She said she thinks I should stick to my original target and if I want to lose more then do it with exercise and RTM. She is concerned about my health and the inside of my body.

She is my Mum, she is meant to be concerned about me :)

I have also talked it through with my partner and I have made a decision and altered my target to reflect that.

I have decided to lose the extra 3lb on top of my original target to make my total loss 100lb that will leave me with 4lb to lose in RTM to achieve my overall new target.

Decision made.

Still interested in your responses though :)

Kat xx

I think that's a good compromise Kat. Most people lose a bit in RTM, so if you lose more then all well and good but at least you will be happy with the decision you made.

When it comes to RTM and goal weights, my LLC always says that you have to expect to end RTM at the same weight you started it.

It might still go down for the first few weeks, but as you have more meals and less packs it is quite likely to go back up a little (not saying any fat gain, but that you simply have more inside you to add to your overall weight!), therefore start RTM at the weight you want to be, or less than it, to give yourself a "buffer" - certainly don't expect to have loss from the overall duration of RTM.

Other's might have experienced different, but that's my plan, I'm not doing RTM until I've lost every single lb I want.

Kat, you are having a very similar dilemma to me! I, like you, had fabulously consistent losses throughout Foundation and expected (based on them) to be finished and onto RTM by now. However, like t_i, in developpers I have really slowed down and that is difficult to get your head round. Whilst your brain tells you that you don't weight anywhere near as much and so you use a lot less calories just to move around and so your losses will drop off, it doesn't make it any easier!

For me, this will probably be my last developpers session tonight before heading into RTM - I am hoping that I will be just under a BMI of 25 tonight (was 25.4 last week and so need two measily pounds!) and am hoping to lose a bit more on RTM. If I do start to put some on during RTM I will use calorie counting and excercise afterwards to try to drop a few more pounds.

I also want the 100lb loss and hope to god I get there but for me I made the decision to go now because of my particular body shape - if I lose much more from my face/legs/arms I will start to look gaunt and old. If I end up being a couple of pounds short then so be it because I NEVER in a million years thought I could be anywhere close to 10 stone anything - it is nothing short of a bloody miracle!

Good luch with whatever you decide to do, my other piece of advice is that whatever decision you take now is also likely to change betweeen now and when you move to RTM!

i finished RTM 1lb heavier than when i started it - lost and gained approx half a stone.

not sure if that helps..
daisy x

Thanks guys - all of your opinions are great. I know it is one of those things that will chop and change as I go.

Jo - good luck tonight, I hope you get that 2lb! Let me know!!

I decided, after sleeping on it and a little more thought today that I am going to continue to mull it over and just what happens in the next few weeks. There is no reason why I need to make a decision now.

Kat xx

Back