Rude Awakening

Hi

First of all well done for deciding that you will do something about losing the weight you so desperately want to. Forget about any other attempts you have made in the past..... they are irrelevant. The most important thing is that you will do it this time. Just keep telling yourself that. And..... if you fall off the wagon.... instead of giving up, just dust yourself off and dive back in.

Thats what I'm trying to do. I've lost just over 2 stones in 6 weeks.... which in the past would have taken me 10 weeks or more. I usually get to this point, have a crappy weeks weight loss.... like I did this week...... and give up. But not this time. I'm determined to be at a healthy weight for probably the first time in my adult life. If I can do it..... anyone can!!!!

Good luck and keep posting xx

hi ennao i was 16.7 when i started LL and im 5ft too and i lost 4 and half stone in 4 months, i finished in october and have put on almost a stone (all my own doing im afraid) so have started cd today as its so much cheaper and im determined to lose 2 stone and keep it all off this time.so good luck and im sure u can do it xx

Hi Joanne. I've just had my week 6 weigh-in and my actual weight as of today is 15 stone 11 the same as your start weight. I was 17 stone 11, 6 weeks ago. When I first started I didn't think I could stick to it but god I am so glad I have. I just feel so much better and even getting great comments from people. I started off on SS+ as I didn't think I'd manage with just 3 shakes but now as my stomach has shrunk so much sometimes I only have 3. Good luck if I can do it anyone can x

Hiya - you know you can do it!!

My 2p's worth is take measurements (neck, bust, waist, hips, butt, each thigh, each knee, each calf, each upper arm etc), get a piece of clothing that is a little bit tight and take pictures.....because there will be weeks when you'll be able to feel the difference in your clothes, but it might not show up on the scales or the tape measure and vice versa.

I know that I really need all these different ways to keep the motivation going... Logic tells us that less calories in will make a difference - but we all need some encouragement to keep going!!

Any way - you know you can do it, ALL THE BEST!! :)

thanks for all the encouraging comments guys it really does help keep me motivated. I have to be honest if I hadnt weighed myself yesterday and gone by todays weight (15:6 - I have been decorating) I dont think I would have got such a shock and probably wouldnt have re-joined. I didnt give in to temptation today, My OH tenatively suggested starting tomorrow and going out for a nice meal tonight but i said no, I had made the commitment to start today and I was going to stick with it. There are so many different threads on here with some fabulous advice and motivation. My fave is the 50 reasons to lose weight so i thought i might give it a go with a few reasons of my own on here
1: Most importantly to be healthier, and not be a heart attack risk
2: To be of a weight should said heart attack occur that the paramedics will be able to carry me down the three flights of stairs from my flat to the front door
3: To be able to get up those 3 flights of stairs and still be able to speak at the top
4: To not only look sexy but to feel it too.
5: To make my OH not only proud of me but to be proud to be with me
6: To buy and be able to wear lovely little summer dresses
7: To wear heels and be able to walk on them for more than a few mins
8: To be able to have a lie in without my back killing me
9: To feel a young thirty something - not a old frumpy thirty going on 80 somthing
10: To be someone who looks liek they suit my fab new car!
11: So my midriff is smaller than my bust (yuk)
12: To be able to walk round Bluewater with my head held high knowing I can go into any shop and buy anything - not just head straight for evans
13: To have just one wardrobe of clothes - not one with various different sizes for fat days and comfort
14: To regain my self confidence that I can do anything!
15: To be recognised for what I do in work, not overlooked as I am too fat, then obviously too stupid and lazy to do a good job
16: To just look fabulous Darling!!
17: To be able to consider starting exercising in public without worring about wobble and damaging pavements with the impact
18: To look as happy as all those in the after shots on the inspirational slideshow
19: To have my own before and aftershots on the slideshow and people go wow!!
20: to have people say "You have lost too much weight!" -

Hi yummy mummy,
I do actually have a blog on here but no-one ever responded and I felt really lonely - posting on here has been much better!
I have before pics, taken from all angles they will be posted with my after shots in a few months I promise! And i am a girl who keeps her promises. Maybe when we have both reached our target we can walk round Bluewater together with our heads held high!!

Hi New Year New me! I have taken pics, and measurements from every part of my body! I hope to keep a monthly record on here for people to see, i know i just keep looking at everyone elses stats and I am amazed, I want to prove that I can do this, and if I can then anyone certainly can!

Hi Georgie, I will be keeping track of your weight loss then and see how we compare, I will find that very motivating!

Well done you for not having the meal and starting again tomorrow - you really sound as if you have the determination to succeed and have a wonderful slim year! Good luck and keep posting, Minimins is such a lifeline xx

Agree - well done on refusing the meal - it just goes to show how determined you are!!

ok so things didnt go quite according to plan. Felt all positive yesterday and looking forward to my CDC appointment. I get into work and first thing i notice how hot it is, but no-one else seemed to then i got a bad headache and felt really sick. Then i nearly passed out so i thought i better eat something (had to - didnt have any CD stuff with me was picking up tetras from CDC!) but even after eating something i just felt worse. I have never felt this bad before doing CD. Went to my CDC and she said I should do a pregnancy test!!! Anyway should i get a negative result back (which I am 99.99% sure i will) start afresh tomorrow, got my tetras and chicken soup and am good to go!

Ok I did the pregnancy test and got a positive!!! It was a pee on a stick one, the first one didnt work at all so i did the 2nd one later on and forgot about it i was that convinced it would be a negative. I did check it within ten mins though - I became slightly hysterical as have not planned on having kids. When OH came home we went straight out to Sainsburys and got clearblue digital and first response. So far have done one of each and they have both come back negative, I am sooooooo confused now and completely stressed out! I am going to try the tests again in the morning but apparently as I am so overweight it may give negative readings when I am actually pregnant! Has any one else had similar experiences??

Whoa... are you OK? I am no expert - it's a while since I last had to do a pregnancy test - but I know it used to be the case that you mistrust a neg result as it could be wrong; but that a positive was almost certainly right. Don't want to scare you! Think you should go see your GP honey... hugs.
xxx

ennaoj2204 - poor you, this must be incredibly stressful.. I have had a bit of experience with pregnancy tests, I have never heard about the weight thing affecting them, but we do hold hormones in our body differently when overweight so that could be the case.. I do know the shop bought pregnancy tests are extremely accurate, if you left the 1st one more than a couple of minutes you can get a false positive.

Have you missed a period? If so how many days?

Maybe as Katyckes said a trip to the doctors or to the local pharmacy, (they used to do pregnancy tests not sure if the still do) is the best idea.

Good luck and let us know how you get on xx

How are you getting on Joanne?? im dying to know..... i found out i was pg when i have polycystic overies and on the pill, but never got a negative tho. It is a shock when you see p especially with all that you are going thru at the mo. Good luck hun.xxxx

okay! hows things, what was the result?? are your pg? omg what a shock for you, for now I would think about that, you can do slimming world and things whilst pg just an idea hun

Hi, Still dont know if I am pg or not, had one positive, one possibly positive and 7 negative! Went drs today and he is sending me for tests on Monday so by the end of next week I should know for sure. Sometimes i am so convinced I am like I have been feeling really nauseaus lately, especially when i wake up in the morning though am not actually sick. But then i think well surely 7 negatives cant be wrong? Have decided to suspend doing CD until I know for sure! Hope everyone else is still doing well!! Thanks for all your support

Back