Original Rude

May I ask, how are things generally with him? Have there been other issues of late or was this totally out of the blue?

Regardless, here's some virtual ((hugs)) from me as no matter the motivation or situation, that's not a nice thing to hear. x

I think sometimes our other halves can feel threatened when we start to take control of our weight and make a change. Maybe he felt safe before you started losing weight, and now he's afraid you're going to run off with a handsome young man! I lost half a stone last year until my boyfriend made me cry by trying to force me to eat pizza (it sounds worse than it was!) but when I decided to make a serious attempt this time for my own health and happiness, I gave him a stern talking to about supporting me and he's been brilliant ever since. Sometimes they just need it spelling out for them.

Thank you Ll for your brilliant advise. Havent talked to him since and don't want to either ! Will wait for him to apologize!
It kept me awake , just going over in my head about why he said it but it was out of blue . Anyway am moving on from this , he won't ruin my weekend !

My OH came in a few weeks ago and said "why don't you ask so-and-so for a few tips, she's lost loads of weight."
Now there are two things wrong with that... first off, so-and-so had hardly anything to lose to begin with, secondly, I AM losing weight... over three stone so far!

Sometimes men are just insensitive, but it sounds like your OH has a real chip on his shoulder about this. Sit him down and calmly tell him if he doesn't want to support you on your journey then he doesn't need to be there for it. Life is too short! But on the other hand, life is just too damn long in the wrong company.

oh hun i can imagine how crap that must make you feel hun (( ))). keep going don't let it make you think sod this.
had he been drinking? was you arguing? i know none of this is a excuse just trying to understand why with you.

Pleased to hear it slimming lizard! My OH didn't speak to me all today because, as you may have heard in the news, NatWest's computers went down and he's one of the people who didn't get paid this Friday. And that's my fault how?! I would have helped him out with some money but he already had all my spare cash when he phoned me up to come and pay for his petrol after his card got declined!!

Sooo sorry to hear whats happened, i am not so diplomatic as some- i would have told him to eff off before now! But, don't get down beat turn this into a positive- you can do it for yourself , and no one else! Love should be unconditional- he should be grateful some people are not as cruel, whether you have 3 lb or 3 st it can still effect out self esteem & to make jibes about a loved ones weight is just damm right nasty, but if anything it would make me want to prove him wrong & then when i was in a better place if the relationship is not what it should be - i would tell hime to eff off!!! Sorry guys for my rant - i get fed up with us so called fat people being treated as second class citizens from all those shallow people out there. Rise above it love!!!

Back