RugbyKirstys Road to Target

rugbykirsty87

Never Give Up
Hi All,

Well, for those who don't know me. Ive been a member of this site for about a year now. I joined when I had about 2 stone to go before I hit my ultimate target, but never got there.

I was originally on Reductil when I lost the bulk of my weight, but then was taken off it as it was withdrawn from the market.

Anyway, Im back now aiming to lose my last stone. Ive managed to put on 12lbs in 7 months, incl xmas so I want to get this off and feel a lot more confident about myself. I have met the man of my dreams, that when I first started to slim, I wasn't with and now we have moved in together. So, Im hoping that I can get back to being the confident person about myself as I once was.

So, heres my slimfast diary. I weighed myself this morning as I was 13stone 6lbs. I never want to see that again (my biggest was 16stone 8lbs) I will be focusing more on how im feeling and less about the kinds of things ive eaten as I think ive got to combat my emotional eating more then anything this time.

Thanks for reading xx

Thankyou.

The last two days havnt been to bad. Ive had my 3 snacks and 2 shakes (my 3 snacks where 64 cals for a packet of crisps, a small satsuma, an apple and a mini rocky bar) - everything under 100 cals, so ive added the satsuma and the packet of crisps to make that one snack for 100 cals.
My dinner was 200g of crinkle cut chips and 2 1 egg omlettes with 100g of icecream for my pudding.

Ive made sure ive drunk a lot of water and Ive staggered my shakes and snacks so i dont feel hungry at all. That was day 1 :)

Day 2-
Ive had a shake for my brekkie with a satsuma then I didnt have a shake for my lunch as we didnt have a lot of milk left, so I had 2 slices of white bread, (89 cals a slice) with 1tbsp of olive oil based spread (55 cals, I used one tbsp and halfed it for each slice) and then had a little marmite (wasnt even a tbsp), I then used another 2 snacks (crisps and an apple) then later on for my dinner I had a ready made lasagne (365 cals) and a split pot yogart, with my final snack which was under 100 cals.
ive been drinking lots of water, but i had one downside today. My bf had problems getting home tonight and as he wasnt able to ring me to tell me what had happened, I started to get worried so comfort ate, I know really bad after only the second day but I feel it could have been a lot worse, I had ...... a small satsuma, and that was it. So im hoping that doesnt dent my progress.

Im off to bed now, fingers crossed for a good day three :)

Wow to your progress and still being 3 stone down is amazing! :D Be proud you never let yourself go back up that 3 stone.
I was nearly 17 and a half stone once and have never gone back. I did go back up to the highs 15st mark but for me that was a barrier I wouldn't go over - I was pregnant too so had a bit of an excuse.. though I did eat whatever I wanted.

Anyway.. I wish you all the luck. I found when I first did slimfast that I lost about a stone in a month so I'm sure you'll do really well! :D

Keep strong - lol at the snacks being things like crisps and rocky robins though.. try and remember the fat as well as the calories - i know they don't say that but it's a good habit to get into. :) Especially as you're trying to address your emotional eating.

Perhaps keeping a diary of how you feel and when you want to eat will help?

Well done getting going! Look forward to seeing you get to your goal! x

Day 3

Well Day 3 today, and so far ive had a shake and satsuma, and now ive just had an apple ive cut up.

I always check the fat content of foods, but i have to admit im quite proud of myself, as those Rocky bars would have been gone by now, if i had my way.
I put them in the fridge and they are out of the packet, so both myself and my boyfriend can count how many are in there. I love having a little chocolate fix, but having them in the fridge means that they are harder to eat. Reverse phycology me thinks.

Im going to gradually build in my exercise. I go back to uni next week so i think ill automatically be more active.

Update on the food ive had. We only had enough milk for one shake for lunch, so my boyf had his shake and i made my two slices of bread, olive oil spread and marmite with some crisps again. I also had a mini rocky bar, but then as ive come home late I popped into iceland to get some dinner. I managed to get a Fish and Chips oven cooked meal for 401 cals and a WW Choc Brownie Desert for 168 cals, so although im under on the 600 cals considering i had the extra satsuma yesterday i think im back on track.

So, I now have extra milk so i can have my two shakes tomorrow and im making sausage and mash tomorrow for dinner. I had a sneeky peak on the scales this morning, ive down a lb and a half already :) Hopfully this will continue :)

My weekend will be the trickest time as Im at home alone whilst my boyf is at work but im so determined to reach this goal im not going to let it stop me. Im off to Superdrug tomorrow to stock up on the BOGOF offers with good old Slim fast :)

Last edited:
Update on my food for the day today. Ive had another bad day but not much. Im my own worst enemy really.

Breakfast - Slim fast shake and a satsuma
Lunch - I had a 64 cal packet of crisps and another Satsuma
Dinner- Bangers and Mash with Salad.

Ive had a mini rocky bar aswell and lots of water. I felt quite cac today i think im getting a cold coming on, just as im about to start uni again. Rahhh!

My big test will be tomorrow, and the weekend. Ill be at home alone whilst my boyfriend is at work, so im going to keep myself occupied with doing some dissertation work. I've brought myself some mixed salad, and a Queiche, so Im going to have that either tomorrow evening or sunday evening. Ive got a big Yorkshire pudding that has beef and veg in it for the other day (both are 400 odd cals)

I went to Superdrug today and stocked up on some shake powder (got banana and chocolate) so im going to try Chocolate and Vanilla tomorrow morning then maybe Choc and banana at lunch. Anyway I got some shakes and some pretzels and torilla chips from Slimfast.

So, im hoping with meals planned and shakes planned, Im hoping not to stray. Wish me luck!!

Good luck kirsty, you will be fine, stay focused on your goal. If you feel like smacking, have a fruit tea or big glass of water, then go for a good walk. I always find a bit of exercise helps refocus!

Thankyou. Ive woken up feeling up even worse then yesterday, so today after deciding ill do some housework Im going to do as little as possible as I need all the energy I can for the week.

If I can lose a lb at the moment ill be happy, although 3 would be nice!!

Update from me.

morning everyone, well as the weekend is well and truelly here I thought id give you all an update on how im doing.

Well this cold is still bugging me, and ive now lost some of my hearing (im partially deaf anyway, but I cant put my hearing aids in as my ear canal is swollen) Ive taken to lip reading quite a bit.

Yesterday, my food wasnt too bad. I had a shake for brekkie, a slim fast snack bar , then we had a sausage that was cooked but not eat from the previous night, so i cut that up and added some salad with it, with some slim fast pretzels, and then i had a Small Quieche, one box of micro chips and salad, with a yogart for pudding (all under 600 cals) and then an apple later on before bed.

Today im yet to have anything yet, but ill be having my shake and a satsuma for my brekkie, then im going to try and make sure I have a shake for my lunch, and then i have a big yorkshire pudding from iceland thats got beef in it for my dinner. Along with some torillas and an apple that will be my food for the day.

x

Update on my food today.
Im so flipping proud of myself, Ive managed not to pig out on anything through bordem and ive managed to stomach 2 shakes!

Ive had
Brekkie - Chocolate and banana shake
2 satsumas (Snack)

Lunch- Vanilla and Strawberry shake
SF Tortillas (snack)

Mini Rocky bar (snack)

So ive had my three snacks and im going to have a big yorkshire pudding with beef and veg in the middle of it, with either a WW Pudding or a cut up apple :)

So proud I didnt snack all day. Im now suitabley full I dont want to have anything else till my boyfriend gets home from work when ill be cooking his dinner and mine together.

I am one happy bunny! From the hours of 3.30 to 7.30 not a piece of food has touched my lips. ive had water to fill me up. I then cooked my dinner and my boyfriends and i havnt even had pudding. So Very happy, and it proving to myself that I can eat only when i need to and not through bordem. x

Weigh day tomorrow, am so nervous..

Well yesterday went without a glitch, sooo pleased. Today well so far so good. Ive had my shake for my brekkie, and now im back at uni, Im going home for lunch. Ive bought 2 snacks with me to uni (a mini rocky bar, and a packet of crisps) and then when i get home ill be getting some more milk (brought 4 pints on Thursday, go through it so quickly!) and then will be having my lunch and then in the evening ill have my dinner. Im really looking forward to my weigh day and dreading it in another way. Im convinced ive lost somthing just not sure how much.

Happy.com

Another day another shake.

stepped on the scales this morning, and Ive lost! 2.4lbs to be precise. im soo happy as I did struggle quite a bit with not going over onto the bordem eating. Yesterday I stuck to everything, it even got to a point that after my dinner I was so full I couldnt even manage my pudding (i saved enough cals and didnt have an evening snack so I could have one).

So, Its been two days back into uni, and ive managed well on the shakes. A couple of friends invited me to go down to the bakery near campus but I declined I stayed in uni and did some coursework and then met them afterwards. im in uni for a long day today from 9 til 4, so I decided to take 2 snacks and a shake with me, had my shake at lunch, one snack on a little break between 2 lectures and im just grabbed my second snack and shake.

So, i have half an hour til my lecture and then ill be off home after. Soo happy ive managed to cope with this. Im treating myself to a Small pork pie and salad for my dinner :)

----- Update on food.
Ive had third snack when i got home, of a packet of crisps and ive had a salad bowl with a mini pork pie. Ive got 200 cals left so ill be having one of my snap pot yogarts or my weight watchers cookie deserts later. I found out i also got a very good grade for a uni assignment, so i was very happy!

Last edited:
Feels a bit like im talking to myself, ive done lots of posts and nobodys even responded :(

Still, Yesterdaay was another good day, it was a long day at uni but i still managed not to stray with Slim Fast. I felt tempted to go into the newsagents on the way home when I walked home, but then I thought, Im walking home for a reason, to get some exercise, why do i want to go into the shop to get some food?! So i swiftly walked home.

I went into tesco a bit later on with my boyf and all I brought was a Lion King DVD and a magazine, no sweets for me. So proud (im on my time of the week I want to eat EVERYTHING in sight so Its getting extra hard.

I had two cut up, mini pork pies (very mini not worth the cals but I really wanted them) they were 204 cals each, then i had some sweet salad 22 cals and one slice on mild cheeder , 94cals so I had that for my dinner and didnt have any pudding at all, could have had a fromache frais.

Today, Ive had one shake and 2 satsumas. So im going to have another shake at about 1, then do some uni work with a snack and then I have work 6 til 8 then home again before doing more uni work and cooking dinner. :) x

----- Edit -------

ive decided to have my evening meal now and my shake when i get home from work. As i finish late I dont want to be eating a meal late on. Plus my tummy isnt half rumbling now!

Last edited:
Ive been away since thursday but ive still managed to go quite well. Thursday I had my slim fast in the morning, cooked meal at lunch and slimfast for tea. I had my three snacks and said no thanks to pizza when I arrived at my friends in the evening after travelling for ,2 and a half hours. Friday I went to cardiff for a day trip. I had a meal bar for brekkie, 2 snacks and then I found a wrap in boots that was less calories then a meal bar or shake so I had that and my third snack. we went out for a meal and I had a home made proper veggie burger made with sweetcorn, peas, that kinda stuff, salad and only about 200g of chips. I didnt even have a pudding which would have been cheaper if I chose a meal deal there. Today ive had my meal bar and thats it. Ill be doing some shopping later and we will be having a takeaway but im not going for anything to fatty. Im hoping this weekend wont make a big difference as ive been as carful as I could be. X

it sounds like your doing really well kirsty! :) i'm at uni too so i know how hard it can be when your friends are off buying pastries and all sorts of yummy food so hard to resist, keep up the good work!

oh and try to be disheartened by know one commenting on your diary i've talking to myself in my diary for a week or so now ;) even though it's january and everyone seems to be dieting it's quiet quiet on here for some reason!

Thanks all, I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 4 ounces. Not a lot I know but I have been at my friends for four days. Im quite pleased with it. I have no other plans to go visiting anywhere any time soon, so it will mean I can now get stuck into this slimfast plan. Im aiming for 3lbs for the next week xx

The past two days have gone well.

Ive had shakes for brekkie, and dinner, and ive had a cooked lunch instead, as I have been in later for lectures these past couple of days and find it easier.

I did Zumba on Monday evening with a friend, on the wii, that was an experience. lol Soo funny..... Tuesday was my very long day so I started at 9 and finished at 4.30 but then i walked home after so got my exercise in, and yesterday I did a half an hour walk to work.

I did some cooking at work yesterday. I work on an obesity scheme, helping to educate Children and Parents about healthy eating and exercise. We made Low fat chicken tikka, and Vegetable curry, with two different types of Rice. Considering I dont usually like Curry, I managed quite well. I made a deal with one of the children that we would try the chicken tikka together.

By the time id got to work, i had my shake/meal bar and one snack left, but, as I had a mini portion of both the curries (it didnt even cover a small plate the amount i had) then I have counted that as a snack and then had a meal bar in the evening. I was offered a doughnut when I got home, but decided against it. It was 205 cals for one doughnut (I had a couple of friends who slept-over), but i could think of more tastier things to have for 2 snacks worth of cals.

Today, ive had a shake and an apple so far, I go into uni later on today again, but I had a 2 hour gap between lectures, so im going to take 2 snacks with me to tie me over so im not too hungry, and then when I get home at half 6 I can have my meal. Ill bring a readymade shake with me (although im not keen on them) and i may have that in my break too.

Back