Run up to my wedding

Oh I meant to tell you about a book that is FANTASTIC for weights. I sooooo believe in resistance training. The better we can get our muscles working, the more cals we burn even in a resting state :)

The Body Sculpting Bible for Women: Amazon.co.uk: James Villepigue, Hugo Rivera: Books

This book has lots of routines in, including a 14 day plan that really does change your shape. It gives exercises for gym use as well as exercises for exercising at home with a couple of dumb bells. It explains so much with lots of pictures, tips and help on technique and even has food and nutrition info. I followed the 14 day plan religiously when calorie counting and it really did make a lovely difference :)

Good luck again! x

I really do think the RC plan will be just what your body needs and you can reassess as you go along. This dieting lark is so confusing :(

Good luck with RC - you must let us know how you get on

xx

Thanks guys and thanks for the book recommendation. Will have a look at that. I really enjoy doing weights and the changes that you see quite quickly.
Today I won't be doing any, as I can hardly move. We did about 5 hours solid gardening. I have cuts all over my hands and a massive blister from all the raking and sweeping. Crouching down to pick weeds out from cracks in the patio probably saw me doing about 100 squats without meaning to! My left buttock and thigh is dead to me!
Quite nice to have worked out without thinking about it, as I find exercise so boring, and got something done in the process.

Hello diary (and anyone still reading!), long time...

Well the RC has certainly helped, along with the exercise. Had put on about 5lb as soon as I started eating carbs again - well it took about a day, but that is dropping off now. Nearly out of RC products and am not ordering anymore, as going to go it alone with the help of meal replacement shakes for morning and evening workouts.
Going to have shake for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, post workout shake.
Been doing abs sessions on the exercise ball after finding some amazing exercises on one of the health channels. Also doing weights morning and night. Have started the couch to 5k (C25K). Went for my first run last night. OH came with me to do the timings. Was horrible, but great afterwards and was so proud of myself. We are going out at 7:30pm as OH doesn't get in till then.

Pushed it too far tonight and feeling incredibly sick. Sat sipping water and had a glucose tablet. Ate a protein meal 3 hours ago, but should have probably had a banana. Didn't anticipate working so hard, but did interval training on cross trainer and worked at 82% intensity during the hard bits.
The scales are moving. Am now only 2lb heavier than I was when I was doing Exante and I know it's fat I've lost and not water.

Got 40 mins to recover before the dreaded run. We take our border collie with us and he teases me with his fitness! He runs around constantly, no walking for him, and I wish I had his energy.

Still doing the running. Had third run this weekend. Walked a lot further too. Bought Gunnar Peterson's core workout with the ball as well, on a recommendation.

Down to 178 now, which takes me under 180. Seem to be dropping just under a pound a day at the mo. Have got rid of all the extra weight from starting eating again, and then some more.

Hey hunny, wow you are doing so brilliantly with the food and the running, you seem to be in the zone! well done on the running hun, so great your OH is so supportive too!

I try to pop in and read as often as i can but don't always post, sorry will try to do better with that!

Have a fab day hun

xx

Aww bless you Lelly, you're so lovely!
Hope all is good with you. I don't pop on here too much lately. Seem to be so busy trying to get wedding things sorted and exercise that I never have time.
Will have to pop over and see you too! xx

Gone exercise crazy today. Got up and did Gunnar DVD for 40 minutes. Then tried to do Jillian. On the plus side I managed the cardio for the first time without stopping, which I was amazed about. The running and cycling must have helped my endurance.
However, the weights killed me, literally arms did not work and had to stop. Gunnar does a lot of arm exercises, so going to have to do alternate days with those 2.

So have come up with a training programme of x-trainer for 10 mins every morning doing intensive interval, up to endurance on the hard bits. Then yogalates (have got nearly 2 weeks off work) for 20 mins.
Then brisk walk with dog.
Then either Gunnar or Jillian at lunch time.
Then cycling or running in the evening.
Know it sounds extreme, but dress fitting in 2 weeks and haven't reduced much since last time for some reason.
Also done a run today already, so really pleased with myself. Going to do some yogalates in a bit to chill out, stretch to. Then bike ride when OH gets in.
Been eating really regularly, but very healthy.
Had a shake, then a banana, then soup, then more soup! Lentil and chorizo, home made, delish!

Blimey - I'm tired just thinking about it! You are definitely going to get into that dress and also look fantastic when you take it off :)

Thank you hun :)

Having to completely change what I'm doing, as just building up too much muscle under fat and not losing any inches. So going to up the cardio, which I hate and lay off the weights for a week to see if it makes a difference.
My muscles are sore from the other day as it is and, as a result of working them too hard, the build up of water around them meant a 2lb gain in 3 days. Water retention was terrible all over, so took some tablets yesterday and it's eased it somewhat.

Up nice and early today, about to go on xtrainer. Then brisk walk with dog. Then yoga to try and ease some of my aches and pains. Run or cycle later. Sounds a lot, but only do 10 mins on xtrainer, as I do high intensity interval training. Then the cycle or run is only 30 mins, so it's about 40 mins a day split up, which makes it easier.

Hey Liz, hope you are feeling less sore now hunny,must say i'm so impressed with your exercise plans!
Wishing you a fab Easter weekend, hope you are doing something lovely in the sunshine!

xx

Thanks Lelly. Hope you're having a lovely Easter too. Off on a bike ride soon and to buy some things for a healthy picnic.

Lovely to be off work still. Have really needed this long break after all the stress from wedding related things.

Exercise going really well. Only doing 10 minutes of intense interval training on x-trainer and then 45 minute Gunnar DVD and brisk dog walks. Having 3-4 shakes a day plus protein because of the large amount of weights on the Gunnar DVD. Seems to be working.
Am going for Biggest Loser stats this week and am already down a fair amount. Plus have finally been to the loo! Ordered some lactulose to help with that, as psyllium husks just not working and don't want to keep taking laxatives that send me the other way.
So feeling pretty positive today. Hoping against hope to get to very near 12 stone by next Thursday's dress fitting.
Then I will only have 1 stone to go in 5 weeks, but will have my hen weekend and a night away for a family meal. Still, the weights should be keeping my BMR up and with any luck if I stick to protein based food I won't do too much damage.
Am thinking I can exercise the morning of my hen do before we go. Can do the same when we go away for the evening. Be so, so happy once I'm at 12 stone and then won't be so panicked.

You are doing so well Liz....keep strong honey and no doubt your dress will look fabulous next week xx

Haven't been on for a while as OH's Grandad passed away a few days ago and we were with family.

Day before yesterday we went for a bike ride and got lost. I thought it was 9 miles around a lake. Turns out it's actually 23 miles. I have a massive bruise between my legs and couldn't sit down properly all day yesterday, had to kind of slouch! So no exercise. Tried to do Gunnar, but too painful.
Hope it's okay today, but going to take some ibuprofen.

Off to Argos soon to pick up a slimming belt. Someone I know got a sauna/sweat suit and has lost 1 stone in 2 weeks. Swears by them. However, didn't want to go for the whole suit, just focus on stomach and this supports the back too. Will report back on progress, but aiming to do crosstrainer today and Gunnar. Maybe run if I have any energy left, but dropping calories again today, so probably not.

Been so busy. Had so much crap going on - employee handed in notice, then funeral the next day, legal issue at work between landlord and building owner, moving out of office....the list is endless.

So this weekend, our last before the wedding is going to be spent moving desks from work to home, to store temporarily until I can get a garden office built.

Dress fitting tomorrow, wedding a week today. Today I'm going to start packing and cleaning all the bedding as have 8 people staying here the night before the wedding - we're not staying here, but have to get food in and clean etc.

Nearly seeing the 11s, think I can do it in a week.

Wowser good luck chick- you are going to look super stunning xx

Good luck with the fitting hunny, try not to get too stressed this week, i'm you will look stunning in your dress too, can't wait to see a pic.

Just in case you don't make it on here in the next week, want to wish a fantastic wedding, hope you have a wonderful day!

xx

Back