• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Running advice

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
S: 17st9.0lb C: 14st11.0lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 34.5 Loss: 2st12lb(16.19%)
Hi guys

I am no way yet a runner! I have joined a running group so have been running 6 weeks! In group were up to 4miles :) but on my own I struggle to motivate myself further than 2-2.5miles!

How do you keep yourselves going?

I need to increase my distance bc I need to be running 4miles to keep up in group - id also like to improve my speed (not loads but I can't always keep up with the main group - I'm one of the trailers!)

But I have no idea how to go about it! Any ideas?! Xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

gina_b

Les Mills Fitness Freak
S: 10st0lb C: 8st13lb G: 8st3lb BMI: 20.2 Loss: 1st1lb(10.71%)
for the motivation i just make sure i think of why im doing the runs (training for big runs in sept, oct and nov) and that thought keeps me going. good music helps too.

rachaeld82

S: 16st4lb C: 10st6.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 22.9 Loss: 5st11.5lb(35.75%)
I agree with Gina - I think its really important to make your self a good playlist on your ipod or whatever, as that really keeps me going. If i'm struggling while on the run, I also try to remember why I am out running in the first place (to help me lose weight, and because now, I actually enjoy it!) and what my end goals are and it helps spur me on.

I think if you push yourself to do at least one 4 mile run on your own, it will push you through the barrier/ mind set that you can't do it alone, and you should be fine from there.

Good luck!

S: 10st5lb G: 8st9lb
Definately music keeps me motivated, also the healthy competitiveness of others beside me on the treadmill keeps me going...and lastly my running shoes play a big part, cant run without them ...literally. Had just standard trainers and you could really tell the diff it had on my running